kettlebells. tuesday.

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Had a good morning with the kids and my workout and I'm feelin' groovy!...Life is good!:)
Not sure if you all read my last post on yesterdays thread:
okay....stuff is done :p....well, I still have laundry to fold, but I think I'm good;)

Melissa::: Your get away sounds fabulous!!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Hope your swings went well today.

Gayle::: Hooray for new countertops!!! You must be thisclose to finishing your kitchen!! double yea! Hope workout A goes well tonight. You're doing a great job of sticking to your rotation....you must really like it.

Jane:::: Still thinking of you! Sending you and your family hugs!!!

waves to Marcy, Nita and Rhonda!!!

got not nothing to add today;) so here's todays workout:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Have a grrrreat day!
bbl

Good morning!

Deanie - Great workout today! You presses are impressive!! I have trouble with pressing 12kg without push-pressing. The kitchen is close to being "ready for occupancy"...which means not totally finished, but done enough that I can use it! :) I'm hoping to have countertops by the end of February, then we can get our plumber and electrician in to do their things.

I'm liking Starting Strength a lot. My squats are feeling great! But I'm jonesin' to do some KB stuff, too. I may try to work in a short session on one of my off days. I'm finding a definite correlation between good workouts and amount of food consumed. I'm trying not to sweat it as long as my jeans still fit. ;)

Hello to Melissa, Jane, Marcy, Rhonda and Nita!

Here was last nights workout:
Buy-in
Limber up, TGU 3r/3l, 10x box jumps 20"

Squat: 103# for 3x5 - These felt good!
Bench: 63# for 3x5 - Alright, I'll increase next session.
Deadlift: 198# for 1x5 - This was hard, but good. I'll stick with this next time. My warm up sets (153, 173, 188) felt really solid.

Have a good day!

Morning! :D

Deanie, we did have a fabulous weekend! Where ever we sat there was a fabulous view. DH and I were talking about doing stuff like that more often. It was really cheap, not a bad drive, and it is so wonderful to experience different parts of the world around us.

Gayle, how was the w/o last night?

Jane, how is your dad?

Marcy, Rhonda, Nita, HOWDY! :)

Yesterday's swings were great! I feel confident swinging the 35# for the entire time now. My forearms started burning around round 9 or 10, but I made it. After I did some push ups and pull ups, I went ahead and did 100 swings with the 44#, 15 at a time.

Today:
TGU, 7 minutes (man I love these!!! I never paid much attention to them before this rotation)
I did 5 rounds with 25#, 3 rounds with 20#
20# feels too light, but I haven't quite worked up to 25# for the entirety. I will try 5 minutes on Thursday

Cashing out: (an oldie)
10 swings
10 r snatches
10 l snatches
10 alternating cleans
20 figure 8
10 pushups

I used 25# for everything except the swings, at 35# (tried 44#, but my newly formed callouses screamed!)
Got 3 rounds done in just over 7 minutes

Very short, thorough and highly effective workout. :D

Anyone a fan of Hulu? Last night, I watched the first episode of 21 Jumpstreet... oh my gosh! I can't believe how old it looks now! That was my favorite show when I was... however old I was, and I loved Holly Robinson and Richard Grieco (when he showed up). I watched it with DD last night and now she thinks I'm really old because of the production, picture, clothes, hair, cars and fakeness of the actors, lol. *sigh What was anyone thinking in the 80's?

I hope everyone was an awesome day! :)

Melissa

Melissa - Jinx! :D:D:D We posted at the same time.

Great workout! I love the cash out.

21 Jump Street!! That's a blast from the past!

Good Morning everyone! Its still snowing here and beautiful. Although I'd like to see some blue skies...and my kettlebells (sigh).

I too am finishing up laundry from Monday and now the ironing, and what's for dinner and a zillion other chores before I can work out today. I was fondly (not) remembering our kitchen re-do, what a nightmare, but when it was all done I was very happy with the results, so hang in there Gayle.

There was a good post about Lauren Brooks first dvd (thanks you guys for your input in there too) which is something I have been thinking about getting too. I feel like I am putting the cart in front of the horse since I'm collecting the dvds without the kettlebells!

The other thing that has me a little perplexed are the sizes I ordered, hoping that I didn't waste money. I've watched a lot of my AOS dvds in preparation and that 4kg (8.8 pounds) for the floor moves and that killer move where you are on the floor, then get up with the kettlebell elevated above you (excuse me I'm having a brain fart). I figure that move would be great with an 8-pounder to start with, plus I got the Buddy which will add another 4 pounds (so close to 13 pounds). I'm really cognizant of my right shoulder and blowing it out again, so that's why I went with a 4, 8 and 12 kg to start with. Before my bike crash though, I was trying the latest idea of less weight, more reps and I was very pleased at the definition change, most likely due to losing fat with the increased reps and higher heart rate. That's why I couldn't let go of the intrigue of the kettlebell last Fall and if my hunch is correct, this should get me into great shape for spring season riding.

I think I am going to get that first dvd of Lauren's, I just talked myself into it, funny how I do that...;)

hi again!

Melissa::: Great cash out! (great workout too;)) How did you do the cash out? by time or rounds? I think I will do it later in the week...somewhere! I really like it. I am a little older than 21 jumpstreet I think, or I just didn't watch it....but I do remember Johnny Depp was on it and Richard whats-his-name! ....and yes!! what were we thinking!!??.....maybe how much cooler we dressed then the losers in the 70's!!**hee hee**LOL:p

Gayle::: WTG with the squats, and deadlift and bench press! Heck...the whole workout was awesome! LOL! You should have a new kitchen by spring!! :) :) And how cool that you did so much work yourselves!!

Nita::: I don't have Lauren brooks, but she gets great reviews! I think you got the right size kb's for you. You have/had an injury, taking it slow is definitely best.

Jane:::: My thoughts are with you.

waves to Marcy!!!

Later gators:cool:

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

My dad passed away yesterday afternoon very peacefully at home. We were all with him (including my sister via phone). It was a beautiful moment. I'm so happy he is now home with his mom, dad and brother.

I'm be checking back in later in the week. I'm off until Friday and will start to workout on Saturday.

Thanks again,

(((((Jane))))

I am glad your dad was in his own home surrounded by people who love him and he loves.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

((((((((((JANE))))))))))

I am so happy that your dad was surrounded by family, and that it was peaceful. I am sending mighty prayers and comforting hugs your way. You are a beautiful woman, and have been so strong through all of this. Much love to you.

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.