kettlebells. 5.13

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I worked out this morning, but not sure I should have done the presses again. I had just done the other yesterday at noon, not even 24 hours had passed yet. I did hit a pr on the cashout, but still not happy with it ;):p:rolleyes: I have book fair and baseball tonight, and there was no way a workout was happening this afternoon!
workout below in my signature (last time I will write that! :eek: I know you guys know it, but it just feels weird not to cut and paste or mention it!:confused:)

Gayle::: How were the lucky 7 's? We dvr'd LOST from this Tuesday- I can't wait to watch it tonight after baseball!!
I keep thinking "this" episode (meaning the most current one) will be mind blowing again, or interesting at least. So far this season, I've been disappointed. The finale better be amazing!!! Do you agree about the season so far?

Melissa::: I totally love the ETK program too!! No that doesn't make you crazy!!!LOL I think the pm of the program is a great stand alone too! I am going to concentrate on my pullups starting next week, now that I feel I've got the 16kg presses down.

Jane:::
I like you workout yesterday. I copied it for future use!!:)

Have a great day gals!!!!

Good morning!

I got through 6 rounds of "Lucky 7's" last night in 38:45 at 12kg. I was really trying to keep my form good on everything and it really went to crap on round 6 (particularly the snatches), so I stopped there. It was a gasser! :eek: I usually have a terrible time with the thrusters at that weight, but last night I was able to do all but one set unbroken. :) They actually felt strong. Yes, Melissa, focusing on form makes it harder! :eek:

Deanie - We watched Lost last night. I've had mixed feelings about this season in general. The finale better rock my world, or JJ Abrams will be getting a strongly worded letter from me! :p I feel like I'm emotionally vested in this stupid show! Great workout today! I love that cash out, great time! :cool:

Jane - Great workout yesterday! :cool: ^^^5's to your sister for gutting through "Sinister Sixes"! I also notice a positive difference when I lay off the sugar and refined carbs.

Melissa - Your neighbor's farm stand sounds incredible! I'm coming over for leftovers!! :D Farmer's Market season is just starting here. I buy our milk from a neighbor with one cow. They have the cow for their own milk consumption (it's a large family) and they sell the extra. We love it! It's raw Jersey milk and very rich. I also like that I drive by and see the cow just hanging out in a grassy field all day...eating clover and chillin' out. ;) Realmilk.com has a listing by state of farmers who sell raw milk: http://www.realmilk.com/where.html

I'm in VT farm country, so we get a lot of our food locally, especially meat, dairy and eggs...everybody and their brother is raising chickens around here! We buy pork by the half-pig from a local organic cheese maker who also raises whey- and grass-fed pigs, the co-op carries pastured chicken and turkey, and grass fed beef from several farms. I've also gotten beef directly from these guys: http://www.vermontgrassfedbeef.com/grassfedbeef.html

I think I found them from eatwild.com. DH is a hunter, so we also eat a fair amount of venison...I have a big freezer! We also do a pretty big vegetable garden.

I've noticed the same problems with Ezekiel bread. We don't have a Trader Joe's around here, so I'm doing without for the moment. :mad:

Have a great day, ladies!!

Good Morning,

Ok...that workout last night was tougher than it look although I did not take a minute break between rounds. I just changed the Gymboss and kept going.

Yes, Melissa...it was from NJCF from 2008!! I found another kettlebell site that has fantastic workouts but I'm hesitate to post it on an open forum b/c I don't want it to go the way of NJCF. If you want, send you a PM.

Here's my fun workout for today:

KB Swings - 40, 30, 20, 10
Ball Slams - 10, 15, 20, 25
Run 200m after each round

Workout will look like this ~ 40 swings, 10 ball slams, run 200m, 30 swings, 15 ball slams, run, 200m, etc.

Deanie ~ The book fair sounds fun. Is it for kids or adults? When I lived outside of Chicago, Brandis used to have a HUGE book fair with used books. I loved it!!

Gayle ~ I understand how you gassed out in round 6 of the "Lucky Sevens" workout. When I wrote up the "Crazy Eight" workout, I changed the 8 reps to 4 each side b/c I was having trouble keeping my form on some of the presses. I'm going to do the "Lucky Sevens" on Monday but change some things around b/c my sister can't do snatches. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Melissa ~ Yes, I do feel more energetic without sugar. I usually take one cheat meal a week and that can be anything really. This week it was pastries for mother's day. Some weeks I don't even take a cheat meal.

You would think that since I live in a rural area we would have lots of local produce to choose from but we don't. I think the main staples around here is cotton and pecans. We have a dairy here but they don't sell milk only cheese. The farmer's market doesn't always have local stuff and it's only open during the day. There is a farmer's market in Tallahassee but it's only open on Saturday and that's a 40 minute drive. My sister in Chicago is big on organic and grows lots of her own veggies. She grows tomatoes and herbs in her yard and has a garden plot at the Park District where she grows everything else. She is really passionate about this stuff.

Ok...back to work. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Jane, I bet it gets way too hot for some of the things we have up here to grow near you. I did remember seeing a lot of peach stands when we were driving through GA last year, too. And peach ice cream. :9 I really wish that I could be motivated to grow my own stuff, but I'm not. I would LOVE to but practically I know that I absolutely hate and do not keep up with any kind of work that involves hands on stuff. I like mental challenges and get bored and unmotivated with gardening, sewing, knitting, etc. I have the most beautiful flowers in my back yard and they are almost overrun with weeds because pulling weeds feels like mindless work to me so I don't want to waste my time. :eek::eek::eek: Doesn't that sound horrible? I am hiring the neighbor girl to come over and weed for me because she wants the money, lol.
I don't blame you about not wanting to post the website. I wouldn't mind a PM, though, and my lips are sealed because I don't want another NJCF occurance. :(

Gayle, nothing has ever wiped me out quicker than thrusters, HOOZAH! for getting them done at once, that's AWESOME! :D
Thank you for the links! I do know a farmer only 10 miles from here who raises grass-fed, free range cattle but he doesn't do milk so these links are much needed! DH loves milk and I hate the thought of him drinking that crap - even if he doesn't care. ;)
BTW, I think it's awesome that your DH hunts - my entire family is made up of hunters and my dad took Layne last year. He is my sensitive, caring child and I thought he would have a hard time with it but there is something about guns and wilderness that brings "the man" out!

Deanie, I feel the same way about not providing a link. :p
I think I know what's happening in LOST, even though I don't watch it. At least, I have in my head how I want it to end.

Gotta run now! Layne is right here reciting Latin to me and I need to pretend that I am paying attention - JUST KIDDING! I am...

Melissa

hi again!

Jane::: Could you please pm me with the link? thanks :) Fun workout today! The book fair was a buy 1/get 1 Scholastic book fair at the elementary school. They didn't have the book DS13 wanted, so I picked up something else. he already read it:rolleyes: !! bummer. It was mostly kids books with some cookbooks and some older kids books. nothing for me :( but DS10 got a book he wanted :)

Gayle::: Great job on the thrusters and workout yesterday! I would have been mentally done at almost 40 minutes!!! I love how you eat! Being right outside of DC we don't have access to much farmers market and home grown stuff. Ironically, when I lived in Jersey there were 2 thriving farmers market not far from me (I was less than an hour from NYC). Yes, the finale of Lost better rock my world too!!

Melissa::: WOW!!! your form on your swings is Amazing!!!! You look like a pro!! And yes, that workout is tough!! but I love it too!!

off to get dinner ready before the baseball game tonight!!
next time I check in will be after my RKC session!!:eek::eek: I hope he doesn't laugh to hard at my form!! LOL;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.