KETTLEBELLS===tuesday

Good morning!

Feeling better today, so I'll make up workout A tonight - squat, bench, deadlift.

Will BBL for personals!

Deanie, to answer your question that I had totally forgotten about: I did 3x3 c&p's. I ordered the Ader last night. It cannot get here fast enough... I think I am going to add a weighted vest to make the workout tougher, at least for the pull ups.

Gayle, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! :D

Nita, you guys just got really dumped on, didn't you? It just started here. I LOVE THE SNOW! It is what makes winter barable.
Are you sore at all today?

Here is my Variety Day workout:

Tabatas!!!
Burpees
1 leg squat and jump
Mountain Climbers
Push ups
Flunges

I will do this after school. DD has the day off, but the boys' teacher isn't as nice. ;) (Nita, I homeschool my 2 sons, ages 10 and 5)

See you all later!

Melissa

back again!:)

Gayle::: :):):) glad you are feeling better!!!

Melissa::: I think you made the right choice with the 30# ader! I know you will like it. what are flunges???? and are you doing a tabata with each exercise you crazy gal????;)

Nita::: I tried to get my DH into kettlebells too, but he wasn't interested. He does like the ropes though and does that sometimes.

waves to Janie and Marcy and Rhonda!!

Here is my workout of the day....
if any of you have any advice about the 16kg vs the 30#er, (see ramblings in my blog) please chime in:)
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

another storm is predicted to come today starting this afternoon. I am off to get some food for us! DH went to home depot last night and bought a generator. We almost always lose power (summer storms too) and we've been thinking about it for a while, so we bit the bullet!:confused::eek: watch us not lose power for a year now!!LOL! but it is a nice feeling to know we have it and 2 heaters to plug into it and we have it to save our fridge/freezer stuff.:)

BBL!!
Have fun workouts today gals!!!

Hi Everyone!

Melissa - Yes we did get dumped on, but it was a gradual dumping with 12 inches in two days, on top of all the other snow for the season since it really doesn't start to melt until later in March. From all the plowing, the snow is even with my mailbox so that the front is only accessible. I love it!

And I am a bit sore today in my shoulder area, but that also may be from Insanity with all the push-ups. I figure its even on both sides, so I'm not concerned.

Deanie - My husband is working from home today and he actually watched me do a short AOS workout, and when it was over he had that *thinking man* facial expression, which means he's interested. I just may get some heavier bells out of this!

Waves to Gayle, Jane, Marcie and Rhonda.

I did a 15 minute short workout this morning, the tutorial from AOS
Snow shoveling
Insanity at 4:30 this afternoon - Cardio Power & Resistance

Last edited:
Hi All,

I don't know what I'm doing today. My sister is writing up a workout for us to do. I'm scared!!! :confused: I will post later with the outcome.

Gayle ~ I'm glad you're feeling better today.

Melissa ~ Tabata burpees??? You are insane! I would like to know what flunges are too!!!

Deanie ~ I hope you don't get too much snow. Yay on the generator. I often thought about getting one because we lose power all the time.

Regarding your ramblings.....can you start out with the ladders using heavier weight and then go down when you start struggling?

Nita ~ Have fun shoveling...I kinda miss it. I was born and raised in the Chicago area but now live in South Georgia.

Waving to Marcy and Rhonda.

Hi again

Jane:: Enjoy your fun workout your sister makes up for you!:)

Nita:: Here's to hoping your DH wants to do kb's then you get more!!;)

Here's what my brother said about my ramblings, so that is what I am going to do:
my two cents...

if you are going for strength, stay with the heavier weight. with strength as the goal, you need to stick with it until you reach what you are trying to do (in this case 3x3). also, for strength, it seems like you did alot in one workout. you may not realize that the TGUs impacted your C&P capability.

utilize your variety days to do the exercises in the special reports that help build the tension required to conquer a heavier weight.

do not push/press during the C&P on regular days. do a good press or stop on that ladder and start the next ladder after a rest period. keep solid in the core, lock out, shoulder packed down. if you finish early then add some cardio swings or snatches if you feel like it. it's not about quantity but quality.

it may take longer to progress but it will happen and you will see really cool strength gains.

.....I may end up doing ETK for 6 months this way:eek::eek:, but I think he is right, so I am going to follow his advise! I also agree with him about the tgu's today, going forward I am not using them as a buy in.
on the flip side, I was going to use my variety days to deadlift, now I guess that is out for a while:(

waves to the rest of the gang!!

PS- just found out school is closed for the rest of the week!!!! :) :) :) :) :):) :) :)
....whoo hoo!!....and it hasn't even started snowing yet!!!! **hee hee** (they are predicting 10-20 more inches though!)

Good Afternoon!

I started with 3 pullups and 1 chinup (surprisingly pullups are getting easier - but are never easy!)
Then I did Firm Cardio Dance Fusion
Finished with Chakra Namaskar from Shiva's Daily Energy Flow - this one was a combination of moves from the other practices. She did have two alternating side plank series - one with both legs on the floor and one with one leg in the air.

Deanie - Yayyyyyyy on no school the rest of the week!:p I always like a challenge so I would stick with 16k bell. It should never be too easy.

Melissa - Yes, do tell - what are flunges?

Nita - I hope you're able to get some heavier bells.

Waves to Jane, Gayle & Rhonda!

Marcy

Flunges are flying lunges at the beginning of the workout, f%^!ing lunges towards the end. :p

I was just about to get started with the w/o. I think that I may just do 4 of the five, depending on how I feel when I get going. I just wanted to stop in and see what you guys have done, trying to get some motivation since I feel like doing nothing right now. And I really just want to finish Lightning Thief! Percy and crew just met Crusty and found out where DOA was. I can't believe how much I like this book! The best will be waiting at the end of my workout, though.

Melissa

OH! I also wanted to share with you guys: I found an online Tabata clock! It signals when you are done with the 8 rounds so you don't have to think. When you are working hard, your brain clogs and you lose track, at least mine does, so I though this was a neat little site. http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

See you in a few!

Melissa :)

Melissa - Have a fun workout! That should have some kind of bad a$$ name, like Terrible Tuesday Tabata.

Deanie - Enjoy your WEEK off!! :D We have a generator and it really has been an absolute necessity for us. We live in East Po Dunk and the power goes out on nice days. :rolleyes: Good luck with your C&P's! A 6lb jump would be big for me on the press.

Marcy - Great workout! WTG on the pull ups! :D

Jane - I can't wait to hear what your sis cooked up!

Nita - I love that *thinking man* expression! Have fun with Insanity this afternoon!

OH! I also wanted to share with you guys: I found an online Tabata clock! It signals when you are done with the 8 rounds so you don't have to think. When you are working hard, your brain clogs and you lose track, at least mine does, so I though this was a neat little site. http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

See you in a few!

Melissa :)

Hey thank you for this Melissa! My brain clogs faster I bet, and I suspect I have always had a touch of ADD, so this being on a big honking laptop screen works very nicely indeed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.