Kettlebellin' on a Tuesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

day 2 of week 8 of ETK:
*Newport rounds 1-4 (only did one time thru, even though I wore a bandaid and a glove my blister was bothering me from the start - with round one having snatches in it)
*HIIT - programed in my treadmill- level 9
*45 min workout today
...posted last night with personals :)

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Good morning!

Deanie - Bummer about your blister. It stinks when little stuff like that gets in the way.

Marcy - Have fun with Providence today!

Waves hello to Jane, Farmer, Andilynn and Vilma. :)

It's a good thing I brought my jump rope to the gym last night, cuz there was a line for the treadmills. I got a little nervous about the rep scheme during my warmup and tweaked it a little. I ended up with:
15 deadlifts @ 155
250 jump rope
12 deadlifts
250 jump rope
9 deadlifts
250 jump rope

In hindsight, I felt like I coulda handled the 21-15-9 scheme. I may revisit it next week when the gym isn't too busy so I can do the running as well.

I haven't decided what to do today, but it'll have to be at the gym since it's the only way I can get it into my schedule today.

Have a good one! :)

Hi everyone. DH made me mad last night. He had the nerve to tell me that I couldn't get in shape and lose weight by working out at home. Considering the fact that he doesn't work out, I probably shouldn't let it phase me.

I did Low Max premix 4-7 and I plan do do 1-4 this afternoon. Yesterday I did 1-8 Providence.

I am going to preorder the STS Cardio because I am a product junkie/shopaholic.

Deanie- I hope your hand heals soon. Maybe some neosporin or some castor oil.

Gayle- Sounds like you had a good workout eventhough it wasn't exactly what you planned to do.

Waves to everyone who follow.

Good morning everybody!
Rest day for me today, then on to STS for the next 5 days. I'm really enjoying doing something different every week , although it's too soon to see any results!

Deanie- hope you like your new gloves! I know I love mine and wouldn't kettlebell without them.

Gayle- sounds like a god workout, I can't remember the last time I pulled out my jumprope, hmmmm may have to do that!

Farmer-Your're right, you shouldn't let it bother you, you can get in great shape at home! I live with a total couch potato so I know where your coming from!

Waves to all!

Good Morning Ladies!

I did Providence today. Started out really well and then kind of fizzled towards the end. I didn't do the snatches and probably shouldn't have done the Clean & Press either.

Swings: 25# - kept up with Anthony
Cleans: 25# - kept up with Anthony
Chest Press - 25# - Kept up with Anthony but last few reps were tough.
Squats and Sumo Deadlifts - 25# kept up
1-legged deadlifts - had problems with my balance on left leg so didn't keep up with Anthony towards the end.
Overhead Squats with Windmill - Kept up except rested for a few seconds before last rep on R side
Clean & Press - Did 5s and 4s of the ladder and a couple of the 3s and then my arms just gave out.
Hi-Pull into Squat - Did 1:25
Tactical Lunges - Did all but was completely exhausted after that one!
Triple Crush - Combo - 25#, Tricep Extension - 20#, Bicep Curls - 25#, Tricep Exstension - 20#
Figure 8 to a Slingshot - 25# - Didn't keep up towards end. I think maybe I should have kept the gloves off for this one. Had a hard time gripping the bell.
Seated 1 arm press - Did 5s and 4s with 25#, did the rest with 20#
1 arm rows - Did both sets and kept up with Anthony.
Abs - 40 seconds pullovers with 25#; 30 seconds Russian Twist with 20#; 40 secs. of Sicilian crushers with 20#.

Then I did the stretches from PUB and PLB.

I don't know if I'll like all the STS cardio workouts but I have a feeling they'll be intense workouts that get the job done in a short amount of time which is what I need. I'm sure you all know that I love complex dancy cardio workouts but maybe this is the kind of change I need to "shock" my system and get these last few pounds off that I haven't been able to get rid of for months.

Deanie - I hope your blister heals quickly.

Gayle - I'm sure you could have handled the 21-15-9 rep scheme but you still had an awesome workout!

Farmer - I wouldn't let your DH's comments phase you. We all know what great shape we an get into with at home workouts. I also live with a couch potato but he did work out real hard when he was younger and does support me about my workouts and knows how hard I work.

Andilynn - I also like doing a lot of different workouts. Please let us know your results.

Waves to Vilma, Jane and all who follow!

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

Today I doing a mish-mosh workout that I pulled from various websites plus a couple of things that I added. It will go something like this:

5 Rounds
20 kb swings
12 walking lunges
10 jump squats
5 Mr. Spectaculars

5 Rounds
10 kb thrusters
10 Barfies (squat thrusts into an upright row w/kb)
10 Jumping Pull ups

1 minute jingle jangles
45 sec rest
1 minute jingle jangles
45 sec rest
1 minute jingle jangles

Deanie - Sorry about your blisters. I have some really tough callouses but no blisters. I hope it heals fast!

Gayle - Great workout last night. I have no doubt that you could have completed the 21-15-9 sequence without any problems. I love adding jump rope into my workouts. It definitely ups the cardio factor in a good way.

Farmer - Don't let those comments bother you. I had an ex-boyfriend (also a personal trainer) who used to make fun of my Cathe workouts. He said, line up all your dvds and I'll do them all right after the other. So when I challenged him on it, he said he probably couldn't get through one. Hmmm....I wonder why that relationship didn't last! :eek:

Andilynn - Enjoy STS. I have it but haven't had a chance fully utilize it yet.

Marcy - Good job on getting through your workout. I have some days like that but you just have to keep pushing through.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.