Kettlebellin' on a Tuesday

deanie

Cathlete
Top o' the mornin' to ya!;)
....and happy St. Patty's day!

Today's workout was Providence. I really enjoyed following a dvd today. I think it helps remind me of form pointers, and keeps me in line better. Anyway, here's todays workout:
Providence -
*used my 25#kb for everything, but the flip and squat (I wanted to flip and wasn't sure if I could with the 25#- although now realize I probably could) and the seated press. for those 2 rounds I used my 20#kb

snatch test -
3 min
used 25#bell
kept up with Anthony the entire time!!

comments -
*Good fun workout today
biggrin.gif

*I skipped round 7- clean and press, since I did them yesterday and will do them again tomorrow.
* the snatch took some getting used to, so much easier with the 25# as compared to the 30# which I've been using.
*I must be getting stronger. Last time I did the whole dvd I used my 25#kb and it was hard, today I felt like I could go up to the 30# easily.
*skipped all the 1 minute rests!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Have a great day today!

Good morning!
irish.gif

Deanie - Good job on Providence! I'm afraid to try flipping indoors. I dropped the kettlebell once and it left a pretty good indentation on the gym floor. :eek:

Farmer - Nice workout yesterday. ITA this check-in helps me stay on track as well.

I had a great deadlift session last night. I tweaked the set/rep range a little and ended up with this:
5 @ 160
3 @ 165
2 @ 175
5 @ 170
3 @ 175
2 @ 180
2 @ 185

180 and 185 felt difficult, but doable, no major breaks in form, so I was happy about that. :)

I'm gonna mess around with my kettlebells tonight, but I'm not sure what I'm doing yet.

Waves hello Marcy, Jane, and Andilynn!

Have a good day everyone.

Today was an unplanned rest day. I took an allergy pill last night and couldn't get out of bed this morning.:mad: I'll probably combine Providence 8-12 tomorrow with the clean & press/pulls and swings.

Deanie - Here's a description of the entire Kettlebell Goddess workout:

http://www.dragondoor.com/dv040_workouts.html

I can't believe you skipped all the rests! I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that. Great workout! I'm too scared to flip the bell. I feel like I'm going to drop it. I guess I'm going to have to try it with the 20# and see what happens. Kudos on keeping up with Anthony the entire time!:D

Gayle - Very impressive deadlifts!:D

Waves hello to Jane, Andilynn and Farmer!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

My workout last night was great. It was a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. I used heavier weights so that is probably the reason why it was harder.

Here is my workout today.

3 Rounds of
1 minute of swings
1 minute of thrusters
1 minute of sit ups (w/weight)

Rest

3 Rounds of
1 minute of suicides
1 minute of ball slams
1 minute of jump rope

I may add on some more abs afterwards. I'll see how I feel. I need to do some fast workouts this week as this is the week that I stay over at my parent's house.

Deanie~Way to Go on the workout today. It's hard for me to do kb workouts in the house now. I'm so used to doing them outside. I have a nice dent in my wall from slinging around a kb. :eek:

Gayle - You are doing an amazing job on those deadlifts!!

Marcy - Rest up and take care. We have so much pollen down here. Everything is coated in yellow. Thank goodness we got some rain yesterday.

Waves hello to Andilynn and Farmer!

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Well, last nite was 4ds low intensity step, I reaaly enjoyed all these workouts this week, I think these step segments are some of my all time favorites, tonite will be a cardio nite but I am not sure what I feel like! I know when I go downstairs I'll have a sudden "insight" and I'll pick one!

Deanie- Great job with the snatches with the 25# and keeping up with Anthony too Wow!

Marcy- Hope you recover from your allergy pill!

Gayle- I've dropped my kettlebell more than once but the big rubber mats I use can take it!(which is a good thing!)

Jane-your're right about heavying up the weights, it really gets your heart racing!

Have a great St. Patrick's Day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.