ketTLEbell wHOo hOo wedNESday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Cheeckas! <--LOL, I know my spelling is wrong, but I couldn't figure out how to spell it! :p

I totally rocked my workout today! WHOO HOO! I was amazed at how easy the bell went up!!!:eek::eek:
I will be doing the same buy in and wearing the same outfit and underwear on Saturday!!**ha ha** (just joking... really!) apparently all the planets were aligned and I'd like to do it again with such ease!!!! "snap and squeeze" was my mantra today and it really worked!!!! - snap for the clean and squeeze for the press-
here's the workout:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Jane::: I hope your mom came out of the surgery with flying colors and is doing well!!!!!!

Ann::: I'm thinking if you are having issues loading your hamstrings - like on the clean- maybe you could move the kettlebell behind your heels; that kinda forces you to load your hams. That helped me....

waves to -> Gayle, Marcy, Melissa and Rhonda!
DH is off today, so I probably won't be around....date day today! :) He is picking me up at work at noon today and we have 3 hours all to ourselves!!!! WHoo hoo again!!:):)

Have a wickedly wild Wednesday gals :cool:

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update. Mom DID NOT have surgery yesterday. She was taken at 4pm and then was back up to her room at 6pm because they had an emergency and needed the operating room. So now she is scheduled for tomorrow but we don't know the time yet. She better be the first on the list. Poor mom. She has been great though...very positive and upbeat. Please pray for mom and that she has surgery on Thursday.

She is an example to all of us. Oh...and I had a big fight with Illinois Sister. I love her but I'm done with her.

Welcome Ann!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jane, how did everything go?

Deanie, YYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! Great job on your workout! :D:D:D:D:D

I did 5x4 (Gayle, I am now envisioning the rungs as steps on the ladder, so it's 5 ladders with 4 steps - I think it's working!) and 10 minutes of swinging
*It wasn't a good day - not horrible, but I had a hard time warming up and I didn't feel like I ever got into the pocket - DEANIE STOLE MY KB MOJO!!! :p
*10 minutes of swinging broken down:
1st 2 rounds were 1:30 on and :30 off, all with 35#
Last 4 rounds were 1:00 on and :30 off, about half 35# half 30#

MY FOREARMS ARE BURNING! I had to set the bell down a few times because I thought it would slip out of my hands. Whatever I was missing in the ladders was made up for in swings - I felt like my hips were on fire! In a good way. I am feeling better about my swings today than I have in a couple of weeks.:cool:

Y'day I ended up doing about 12 minutes of swings with the 20kg - obviously I didn't have full range of motion but I really worked on snapping my hips and making them stronger, and it must have worked because I felt it today!

Gotta run. :)

Melissa

Good morning!

(((Jane))) - Sending you big hugs and big prayers that mom gets in for her surgery tomorrow. Sorry things are not going well with Ill. sister. :(

Deanie - Great workout! :cool: Have a great date with DH today. I now have a pair of "PR pants". I wore them them when I hit my squat and DL PRs, so they must always be worn when attempting future PR's. :p

Hi Annie, Melissa, Rhonda and Marcy!

I'm glad we finally got Richard's story on Lost last night.

Here's last night's workout:

ETK: TGU 7 min @ 12kg
* What a difference an additional 2 minutes makes! My 5 min TGU's were feeling really fluid and strong, my shoulders were SO fatigued at the end of this. I had to concentrate hard. Good workout though. :)

Cash out:
3 Rounds
* 10x deadlift @ 148#
* 10x box jumps @ 20"
* 5x K2E
6:34 - It's been a while since I timed anything. It was a nice met-con. :)

Have a good day! :)

Thanks Melissa. I don't know what else to do with her! We had words but we were both so stressed out. I apologized twice and all she could say was that everyone hates her. Hello.....we are stressed out. No one hates her. Isn't that something a 10 year old says? You're stressed out, you say things that you didn't mean to say, you get over it, apologize and move on. She doesn't even get to the apologize part. She just says woe is me...everyone hates me.

I'm just focusing on my mom now.

Oh...and there were fireworks at work yesterday. I guess 2 of the Directors and the VP were having a shouting match. People told me but NO ONE wants to tell corporate. Hello....it's part of our Anti-Harassment policy. You have to report these things. I reported it because even if you didn't witness it but were told about it then you have to report. I work with a bunch of WIMPS!!

Sorry to vent...my life is totally out of control.

Thanks Melissa. I don't know what else to do with her! We had words but we were both so stressed out. I apologized twice and all she could say was that everyone hates her. Hello.....we are stressed out. No one hates her. Isn't that something a 10 year old says? You're stressed out, you say things that you didn't mean to say, you get over it, apologize and move on. She doesn't even get to the apologize part. She just says woe is me...everyone hates me.

I'm just focusing on my mom now.

Oh...and there were fireworks at work yesterday. I guess 2 of the Directors and the VP were having a shouting match. People told me but NO ONE wants to tell corporate. Hello....it's part of our Anti-Harassment policy. You have to report these things. I reported it because even if you didn't witness it but were told about it then you have to report. I work with a bunch of WIMPS!!

Sorry to vent...my life is totally out of control.
She sounds very self-focused, and yes, more like a child. I am guessing that she probably feels guilty for her actions but isn't mature enough to be able to deal with them. Focusing on mom is definitely much more productive and wise... not to mention the right thing to do.

And you are definitely THE RIGHT PERSON to be working with a bunch of WIMPS! :p Give them some of Jane's Pain.

Melissa

Oye Jane!! I think Melissa's assessment on the guilt/immaturity sounds pretty accurate. Wimps at work is right!! :eek: Hang in there! (((more HUGS)))

Melissa - Okay, I got the terminology! :) Nice workout! Even if you think your mojo wasn't 100%.

Hi to everyone,

Thanks Deanie for your tip, very much appreciated, glad to hear you had a good workout.

Hello Jane, nice to meet you and thank you for your welcome, sorry to hear about your mum, hope all goes well.

Big hello to Melissa. :D And Hello to Gayle.

Did my usual 40 minute workout with Lauren, although I still wimped out and wore gloves, I tried the workout without at the beginning, but knew immediately that my hands were going to be too sore, to continue without them, still using away at hand cream, etc.

Good news is got my workout done early this morning around the 11a.m. mark, so I was chuffed with that, I usally do it in the evenings while Ethan sleeps, so today I have the rest of the afternoon to myself. :D

A quick couple of questions here, if you all don't mind, does anyone have any other exercises that would target the tummy area, especially the lower abdomen, as this is a problem area for me after having Ethan? Lauren teaches the Russian Twist and overhead sit-up/crunch, and that would be it. And can I also ask if there are any other good fat burning workouts/routines that you all do that I could try, and finally do you all alternate your workouts, what seems to work for you.

Sorry for all these questions. I hope you don't mind.

Chat to you soon

Annie - I don't do a lot of ab specific stuff. Sometimes I'll do the ab cool down section of Keith Weber's DVD, he has a variety of crunches, pull-overs, and planks. I'll do knee-2-elbows (KTE) it's a hanging raise where you try to bring your knees up to your elbows (mine usually stop at the armpits :eek:) and weighted sit ups.

I'm currently doing Pavel's Enter the Kettlebell program (ETK), and throwing in some additional stuff when I feel like it in the "cash out" portion of my workouts. At this point in ETK, I'm alternating days of working on swings with days of doing Turkish get ups. I think it's more of a strength program, but IMO, fat burning kinda happens with kettlebells by default. :)

A quick couple of questions here, if you all don't mind, does anyone have any other exercises that would target the tummy area, especially the lower abdomen, as this is a problem area for me after having Ethan? Lauren teaches the Russian Twist and overhead sit-up/crunch, and that would be it. And can I also ask if there are any other good fat burning workouts/routines that you all do that I could try, and finally do you all alternate your workouts, what seems to work for you.

Chat to you soon

Hi Ann,

For ab workouts I like doing:
1-arm sit ups
http://www.mtnathlete.com/subpage_details.php?subpage_ID=263&page_ID=14

Slasher-to-halo (but I only do the slasher part) http://www.mtnathlete.com/subpage_details.php?subpage_ID=154&page_ID=14

Weighted sit ups
http://www.mtnathlete.com/subpage_details.php?subpage_ID=105&page_ID=14

I do have a couple of really good fat burning workouts to send you but I will have to do that next week. This week has been a little crazy.

When I do workout regularly I usually do 3 days of running and 2 or 3 days of workouts that include kettlebells mixed in with other things like squats, walking lunges and jump rope to name a few. I also try to do one day of traditional weight workout because I do enjoy that as well.

I'm glad you are with us.

I just heard from my mom and her surgery as been scheduled for 7:15am tomorrow morning! YAY!!

Hi to Deanie, Gayle, Rhonda, and Marcy!!

I just wanted to let you know that I walked up and down the stairs at the hospital yesterday (7 flights) and walked up 7 flights this afternoon as well. I did today's walk in heels. My sisters and I plan to alternate trips up the stairs while we are waiting for mom in surgery. Gotta keep working out!!

Thanks to Gayle and Jane for all your ideas and tips, very much appreciated.:D:D.

Your right Gayle about Kettlebells being a good fat-burning workout, as I explained to Melissa I found at the beginning that the results were immediate, with my clothes getting looser. ETK looks like a pretty tough workout, going by the clips of Melissa on Youtube, so fairplay to you both for that, Laurens first DVD seems to cover the basics, so I have yet to try the TGU.

Thanks Jane for all those helpful links, :D fairplay Jane for doing the running, that's another thing I would love to venture into sometime in the future, regarding the kettlebells I have heard of the move (the halo/slasher-to-halo) being good for the abs, so thank you very much for that, and I hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone once again :D

Hi gals!

Melissa::: Sorry I stole your mojo!! **ha ha** and I don't want to give it back!:eek::p;) Good job on the swings. I think in the AOS manual it says to swing heavier on your variety days and that will help your swings. I did that last time around and it worked!

Gayle::: Great workout! DH and I thought last nights episode of LOST was the best this season. We are really disappointed with the season so far! Are you? We also read an article that interviewed the writers/creators of the show, and it said not all of the questions will be answered! WTH!!???:mad::mad:

Jane::: Hope all goes well tomorrow! Your mom's a trooper! sending good thoughts and vibes your way. Glad the surgery is early! Sorry about your sister/tiff. I only have brothers (and as always, happy about that!) I'm sure the stress is getting to everyone and things were said in anger/frustration. Hopefully all will be resolved after tomorrows surgery! I think you did the right thing about your office.

PS Jane- you get kudos just for walking in heels!!! I usually wear loafers or cowboy boots to work for shoes - otherwise I am in sneakers!!

Ann::: Glad you are enjoying your dvd! For abs I like overhead walks, kte's (like Gayle mentioned) and planks. During my second pregnancy (10 years ago!:eek:), my lower abs split, and the kte's and planks seem to work best - even though my abs will never be like they were. .... no complains though and I'd do it again to have my DS.;)

Waves to Marcy (hope you aren't working too hard and are able to get some workouts in!) and Rhonda (back at school?)

Have a great evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.