kettlebell. wednesday.

deanie

Cathlete
Good morning kettlebellers!!
I wanted to think of a fun title for our thread, but nothing came to me!:p

I am working on very little sleep this morning....having a small/major family issue last night, and dh and I were up discussing it at 3 am this morning. DH and I are on the same page, but getting his parents to understand is a little harder:mad::mad: (they asked us to do something we don't want to do and said what ever we say is fine, we said no, and apparently they don't like that!!)....anyway, my workout was surprisingly okay for so little sleep. I have noticed today though, my left arm is weaker than my right. the press goes right up on the right side, and on the left it takes MUCH more effort as the ladders go on. So I am going to extend the program min. for at least a week.

Melissa::: Glad we are on the same track with the program min.:) I liked your beach story and told my ds, he thought it was cool! Your cabin get away looks great!! ENJOY enjoy!!

Jane::: Hope all is going well for you at your folks house!

Gayle:::Sorry about your weird achy thing with your hips:confused: Good for you for not pushing thru, but quitting when your body said too. I hope the yoga helped!

Marcy::: OMG!! I hope DH is okay! How weird!!! I love the amazing poses you do!

waves to Rhonda!!

here's todays workout:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

have a great Wednesday gals!
bbl

Deanie, sorry about IL problems. :( I hate those (the problems, not the ILs ;]). We don't have them so much with DH's mom anymore because he has put his foot down hard just enough times and set some very clear boundaries, but she is still amazing at pouring on the guilt. The latest is this: DH runs a business with only 3 other employees, working AT LEAST 12 hours a day. His mom made some very, very bad decisions - going against DH's advice - regarding her brother and a property they are sharing since their father's death. She wanted DH to take the day off and help her take care of the problem, but he couldn't because it was last minute and he had important work commitments. Well, you would not believe how much she really, really loves her brothers son and how wonderful he is and how he took the whole day off of work to help her and his father even though he has his own family and a job, blah blah blah. It made me SO ANGRY that she would speak this way to him. He doesn't want to have to miss out on helping his mom, and he certainly doesn't like time away from his family. How she treats him so unfair. It is only about her, her feelings and what she thinks is right. Does she not realize that by behaving this way he is even less inclined to want to do things for her? :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyways, I am sorry that you are dealing with something like that, and I hope that everything gets sorted out. Nobody every likes to go against family. (((hugs!)))

I have no idea what I am doing today for variety. I may do nothing because I am tired! DH and I were up late last night talking. I love talking to my honey. (and seriously, we really were just talking!) :eek:

Melissa

Hi Everyone!

I was too tired to post yesterday. Dad did better last night so I was able to get in about 6 hours or so. We are figuring out how to space out his pills so he will sleep the night. He gets very agitated and will want to pull off all his blankets and clothes and will spend hours trying to get out of bed. His speech is very poor now. He will talk but you can't understand him. The hospice nurse looked at his feet and said that they are starting to get mottled (this is a sign that the body is shutting down) but said that he could be in this state for months. I hope not. It is very hard to see him this way. He is barely eating so I don't think he will last months. He "sees" lots of people in the room now and it's not me or mom.

Deanie ~ Glad your workout went despite the family issues from last night. I thought you were taking guitar lessons! :eek:

Melissa ~ Loved your cabin in the Smokies. I have been there a couple of times. It's very beautiful. We are looking at rentals on St. George Island. We are hoping to take mom there when dad passes. Mom loved going there but it wasn't dad's favorite place. We think it would be a nice place to go and relax without memories.

Gayle ~ Hope your hip issues are resolved soon!

Marcy ~ You ROCK!! I would have no idea how to even begin a pose like that. Sorry to hear about your hubby mishap. My sister once banged her head with a kettlebell. Not sure how she did it but I never let her forget it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

{{{Jane}}} - I'm glad dad had a better night.

Deanie - {{{hugs}}} to you, too. The key is that you and DH are on the same page. I hope you IL issues get worked out. You still had pretty nice workout for so little sleep! Good job! :)

Melissa - ITA, Sugar IS evil!! After abstaining for a while, it's amazing to see how bad it can really make feel. I love the cabin!! That's going to be a great weekend. I just love browsing through VBRO, taking dream vacations in my head. :p I've never been to the Smokies, but my folks drove through there on a vacation once and just gushed at how beautiful it was. Have fun! :) The hip thing isn't a tug, but a dull ache. I notice it more when I'm relaxing..it's really weird. I'm foam rolling the heck out of it!

Marcy - How's DH's head?

Rhonda - Thinking about you!! :)

Tonight is workout A - squat, bench, deadlift. I'm eating like pig!

Have a good day!

LOL!!! did ya'll download the step n' motion workout? cathe's very first one. it is so funny! the 80's hair and outfits. hard to look at. it doesn't look extremely hard. may try it this am.

can ya'll tell me about kettlebells? i read that you can burn tons of calories in a shorter amount of time. i have never used them. so, what is ya'lls advice?

Good Afternoon All!

Well, I just typed a whole long post and deleted it by accident so here goes again.

I started out with 1 pullup and 2 chinups. Then I did CIA 2903 - Seasun Zieger's Stepping Up. She's probably my favorite step instructor (and most complex) and she cues great. I got through the warmup and 1st combo fine, got a little lost on combo 2 and stared at the screen quite a few times on combo 3. I cut it a little short so I could do my yoga.

I did another 22-min. practice today from Shiva's Daily Energy Flow - Fire. This should be known as the pushup practice. There are about 8 sets of pushups (I think I did about 50). Each pushup section goes into sphinx, cobra, updog, locust, 1-legged bow, full bow sequence. She does an extended child pose to stretch you out after the pushup sequence. From here, she does standing split to head to knee plank and then goes into a cresent lunge and side angle pose (bound if you like). There is also chair, twisting chair, crow and side crow. I did side crow on the right for 7 seconds (a new record!:D) but couldn't do it at all on the left side:mad:. She also does a move where she goes from plank back to squat (like you're in the position to jump forward to standing forward bend). She does a forward bend with hands tucked under toes. At the end, she does camel. No inversions or hip openers here but a great practice nonetheless.

Deanie/Melissa - Sorry to hear about your IL issues. I hope they get resolved soon.

Melissa - Your cabin looks great! Gives me an idea on where to go for vacation (although that might not be for a while.)

Jane - Sorry to hear about your Dad. ((((HUGS))). St. George's Island sounds like a great place for you and your family to go. Getting hit with a kettlebell sounds much worse than a chinup bar. I'm sure your sister will never forget it.

Deanie - Jordan's corrections sound like they're really helping you out a lot.

Gayle - DH seems to be okay. He says he's gotten more injured staying home than when he was working (which he'd love to start doing if he could find a job). The job market here is horrible right now.

I have avoided chocolate covered raisins for 2 days now and have been eating blueberries instead. I lost a pound since Monday. I hope the scale keeps going down.

How are your hips doing? Did yoga help last night?

Rhonda - Thinking of you. Hope to see you soon.

Marcy

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.