--- kettlebell - wednesday --->

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!!

Today is my non metabolic workout day. Still managed to get sweaty though;) Here is my workout posted from my blog:

Deadlifts/OHS/pullups

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/blog.php?u=100743
today's workout courtesy of Gayle!....thanks Gayle :)

Buy in

Shoulder dislocates and the Boz warm up.
DL warm up

WOD
3x5 Deadlifts:
5 @ 130#
5 @ 135#
5 @ 140# - HARD!:D

Then,
5 Rounds
* 10 OHS 30# for 3 rounds/pvc for 2 rounds
* 15 pull ups assisted

================================

Jane::: dying to know....how was the workout yesterday!!!???:eek:

Rhonda:::: hope your class was fun!

Laura::: what's on the agenda today?

Gayle::: thanks for the workout!! How'd the running go yesterday?

Marcy::: Sounds like you are enjoying a variety of workouts. :) Are you missing kettlebells at all?

Missy::: great work on Newport!! love the idea of snatching to Thunderstruck!!!:cool:

waves to Andilynn!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
BBL!

Good Morning!

I enjoyed yesterday's progression workout but it was HARD! I did 100 jump ropes instead of 200 and it was slow going as I got closer to the 10 rep mark. I still dislike those Manmakers! I was trying to channel Gayle as I was doing them. :D

Here is my workout for today. It's a relatively simple workout. You can substitute any cardio for the run. It was listed as 3 rounds but I think I may do it timed for 30 minutes or so and then add on some ab work. I'll see how it goes. The heat, while not as intense as last week, still has a way of sapping your endurance.

KB Complex
400m Run

KB Complex = 20 Swings - 15 Cleans - 10 Squats- 5 Press (complete complex with one arm and then switch)

Deanie ~ I like your workout today. I love picking paint colors. I usually get a couple of colors (in small cans) and then paint small patches on the wall to see what colors I like best and how the light hits the color. Have fun!!

Gayle ~ How did the run go?

Marcy ~ I have always heard the traffic in Atlanta is bad but when I've been there, I haven't had any problems. The issue with Tallahassee is that there are few main roads and when one of them get clogged up with construction or an accident, there isn't much you can do.

Laura ~ I hope you get a workout in today. I hate missing workouts! Hope it's a little cooler there as well.

Farmer ~ I hope you took care of the Chief Goddess of Monthly Misery. I think I may be older then most of you ladies and she doesn't visit me that much anymore. Yay!!! Actually the minute I started working out consistenly, about 10 years ago, the Chief Goddess didn't stay around too long. Hope you are doing better and enjoyed your class.

Missy ~ I have little patience for traffic as well. It's relatively rare down which is why, when it happens, I can go crazy. Have a fun jog with your doggie!!

Have a great day!!

Hi everyone!

Deanie - Great workout last night. Good job with your deadlifts!

Jane - Did you have a ferocious face on when you did the Man Makers? That makes all the difference. :D Great job on that workout. I like what you have planned tonight.

Waves hello to Missy, Marcy, Rhonda, Andilynn, and Laura!

We had thunderstorms roll in last night, so that put the kabosh on running. :( So for about a half second I considered trying Jane's progressive workout, then saw more Man Makers :eek: and decided to revisit this WOD instead:

Lucky Sevens - from Crossfit Jersey Shore

• Kettlebell swings 7r/7l
  • Burpees 7
  • Kettlebell snatches 7r/7l
  • Mountain climbers 7r/7l
  • Kettlebell cleans 7r/7l
  • 1 kettlebell racked thruster 7r/7l
  • Walkouts 7
Complete the entire circuit 7 times. Try to use one KB.

My time was 37:51 with a 12kg KB. That's a 7 minute improvement from when I did this back in January. It was still killer, though...damn thrusters.

Have a great day everyone!

Hello everyone!!!

I haven't been out to run yet because it looks like rain, but I think that I will sneak it now. I know Lucy would love to get out, and I haven't run in so long, I am reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllly missing it! :(:(:( Rain wouldn't be an issue but it is cold today - what's up with this weather? Hello, it's July! - and I don't want to get all wet and cold, that doesn't feel good. BUT, I will run today, even if I have to on the TM darnit! (I didn't realize how badly I wanted to run until the prospect of not being able to.)

Gayle, congrats on cutting your time on that circuit, hoo-ya! With a 24kg kb, too, day-ng girl! Can I be like you when I grow up?

Jane, are you planning to run then, or do another cardio? I just said the "r" word again, shoot I'm itching to get out there...

Deanie, do you ever do negative pull-ups as opposed to assisted? When I can't do another pull-up, I jump up to the bar and do a very slow, at leat 10 seconds, controlled descent. I was able to do more unassisted reps that way, and feel G.I. Jane strong. :p not trying to be bossy (though I am), just a suggestion. :eek: Great work on DLs by the way!!! You are doing a great job. :)

HELLO Rhonda, Marcy, Laura and Andilynn! :)

Well, I am off to get my running gear on and pray for the rain to hold out. See you guys later!

Missy

Gayle, congrats on cutting your time on that circuit, hoo-ya! With a 24kg kb, too, day-ng girl! Can I be like you when I grow up?

Missy - I used 12kg for that. No way could I do that WOD with 24kg...or even 16kg at this point. DH would still be mopping me up off the floor. :eek:

Jane, are you planning to run then, or do another cardio? I just said the "r" word again, shoot I'm itching to get out there...

Hey Missy,

I am planning to run. I like doing these running drills because I feel that they really up the intensity and build stamina. I want to run longer and farther but it's hard during the week. I save my longer runs for Sunday.

I hope you get to run today. I feel the same way. When it's my day to run, I want to run!! I wish I could send you some of our heat. It's in the mid-90's today.

Missy - I used 12kg for that. No way could I do that WOD with 24kg...or even 16kg at this point. DH would still be mopping me up off the floor. :eek:
LOL!!! :eek: I must have had Deanie's weight glued to my brain when I was reading that... 12kg is still really incredible though! Holding a 25# kb for 37 minutes - phew! Still makes me want to be like you when I grow up. ;)

Also wanted to add that I just checked the weather and it is 64 degrees. I hope it doesn't rain; Jane, send the heat over priority mail! We need it bad! (actually, I am probably the only person who wants it that hot that bad, so if you could send it to my house that would be fine)

Missy

I did Mindy Mylrea's Medicine Ball Madness this morning. Kind of felt a little like a kettlebell workout - some of the same moves. The entire workout is done with the medicine ball, even the stretch (but I used an 8# dbbl). I love Mindy's ab work. Here's most of the workout:

Warmup
Mambo with cha cha and pivots
Tactical lunges; jacks
Scoops; figure 8s
lunge with butt kick
curtsy lunge with med ball overhead
side to side lunge twisting bringing ball to hips, quads, knees and to the floor
1 legged squats and jump each side to 1 leg and hold
jump back reverse lunge and jump together; cross-country
Alternating lunges into jump squat
Standing wood chops 8 slow/16 fast with upward motion; side bends
Same with downward motion; side bends
Standing crunches
Figure 8s around head
Floor - Supine Core
Bring ball up and lean forward, come back down and twist to side
bring leg to meet med ball overhead
leave ball overhead and scissor legs
Full situp bringing ball up
Russian twists; russian twists and circle ball in center
lifts into side plank with ball on thigh
Side plank pushups (one arm on floor; other on ball)
Prone Core
Plank rolling ball side to side and then with pushup in between
Plank holding ball in center, then extend leg up and out, tree pose, bring in across body, bring out and down (hard)
Pushups with ball between legs
Supermans with ball on top of legs
Up dogs
Cool down and stretch

Deanie - Great job on the deadlifts!:p I do miss kettlebells a little and I know I will be going back to them. I really need heavier KBs and can't afford them right now so I feel like I can't progress like I'd like to. For Newport though, my 20s and 25s will do just fine.

Jane - I heard all kinds of stories about the horrible traffic in Atlanta but it's not nearly as bad as they make it out to be. Summer traffic is pretty light usually, but yesterday about 3 different accidents at different points made it really bad. My commute here is shorter than it was in NY. I had to take two trains and a bus each way which made for a 75-90 minute commute each way. Now I usually make it to work in about 45 minutes.

Gayle - Good job on your improved time!:p

Missy - I agree that negative pullups are great. I also take a 10-12 count descent and feel like a still got a good pullup out of it.

Waves to Rhonda, Laura and Andilynn!

Marcy

hi again!

Gayle:::
LOL!!! Can't wait to try that kettlebell!!;):D Fun workout you did yesterday! Jersey shore has some great workouts. They are only about 30 min. from my brother, and I keep trying to get him to go....so he can tell me all about it!!!;) but he won't do it!!:mad: LOL!

Jane::: I like your workout today, I printed it out for future reference. Have fun with it! gotta be easier than yesterday's right?:)

Missy::: I hope you got your run in!! Did you take Lucy? I wish it were 64 degrees here, I am not a fan of the heat! Sometimes I do, do negative pullups, I just lump them under the category of "assisted". Mostly though, I use the band:eek:

Marcy::: great workout today! I hear you about the expense, I'm glad I got the gift card at the end of the year. otherwise, I would be in the same boat.

waves to everyone else!!

101 days of exercise which is more than ALL of last year :)

Hi there!

Today I slayed the goddess but I feel like she is going to pay me back later :(. I went to KM class where we did more punching drills. We did a 2 minute drill at the end where we had to punch left punch right and then our partner turned 180 degrees and we had to shuffle around to do the punches and then they would rotate back. Ugh. I could not have kept up were it not for kettlebells.

I also did Providence 1-7, section 3 of Newport and Deep Muscular Stretch from Classical Stretch. I figure I will try to tack on 1 or 2 sections of Newport and then maybe ease my way into it.

Deanie- Way to go on the deadlifts! Do your kids know how strong you are? Do they cower in fear if you merely lift the remote? I would if you were my mom :).

Jane- It sounds like after last night's workout, you need something not so lung bursting. I hope you enjoy it. You are so lucky. Maybe if I keep up the consistency she will calm down.

Gayle - Way to go on the lucky 7 workout and your time improvement!

Missy- Can we please trade weather? It is about 97 here. Hope you get to run before the rain.

Marcy- Another fun sounding workout. Would you classify that as a cardio or more of a circuit? My favorite so far is Latin Synergy. I gave Salsa Blast to my sister and I haven't tried the other two. I may try a different one tomorrow. I was disappointed that I only burned 300 calories. It felt more intense than that.

Waves to Laura and Andilynn.

Farmer - What a great workout you had today! I wish I had the time to do more. Latin Synergy is probably my favorite too since it has all the different styles in it. 300 calories sounds about right. It's only 50 minutes and it's not high impact (except maybe for the swing part). It's been a while since I used my HRM (my battery went dead and I am too lazy about going to get it replaced) but the fast pace would make it seem like you burn more. I thought the workout was going to be cardio but I would classify it as more of a circuit. She starts out with cardio and has a couple of blasts. Since you are constantly using the med ball, you're getting strength training throughout and then for about the last 20 minutes, she's doing standing, supine and prone core. My back's been hurting all day. Tomorrow's probably going to be yoga for me since I'm going to salsa class tomorrow night.

Congratulations on your 101 days of exercise! Keep up the good work!

Marcy

Marcy- Thanks on all accounts. I only have free time since it is summer vacation. My goal is to go back to work smaller than when I left.

Did you pull something in your back? You can borrow Season 4 of Classical Stretch if you need to. She has some good exercises for stretching the back.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.