kettlebell. tuesday.

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Todays workout was the exact same as last week -
20 pushups
the sprint pyramid on the treadmill - all sprints @ level 10, all recovery's @ level 5
k2e's 5X5 and OHS 1X5 @ 30#

I was able to actually program the sprint pyramid into my treadmill yesterday, so the workout went nice and smooth!-- no thinking by me was necessary!! ;) LOL

((((Jane)))) sending healing and positive vibes to you and your mom!!

Gayle::: ENJOY ETK today!! :):):)I am following the book, not AOS's version at all.... I like it better.

Melissa::: Great workout yesterday! So funny, my bedroom is green with white trim and my quilt is green/off white - ecru and brown!! LOL We have good taste!;):cool: For snatches, I think there is an adjustment when you go up in weight, and it just takes practice till it starts feeling right. For me the 1/2 snatch really helped, and according to DD forums, it counts as a snatch because the upward movement is the exercise. hth!

waves to Marcy and Rhonda!!
Have a terrific Tuesday!!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the prayers and healing vibes. We are waiting for the results today on her D&C. If it's not cancer, she will have a hysterectomy most likely tomorrow which would be fantastic. Not only because it's not cancer but because my sister is coming in town tomorrow. This was a trip that was planned prior to all this stuff so the rest of us would not have to take too much time off from work. It would be great if she stayed another week but we are not holding our breath.

Mom has to have to a transfusion today because she is anemic and her hemoglobin is very low. There is a stroke risk because mom was on a blood thinner but of course they took her off that for the present. So hopefully the surgery will take place tomorrow.

Please continue to pray for her. She is in great spirits though and truly I feel like my mom is back with us again. She is her old self, joking with the nurses and having as much fun as she can. She is on the same floor in the hospital as dad was in December so many of the nurses remember her. She is pretty hard to forget. One of my sister's friends gave her a stuff bunny and she is now having a contest for the best name. She is asking everyone who comes into her room to name it. Her room is nicknamed "The Party Room".

Deanie ~ I started The Girl with the Dragoon Tatoo last week but didn't get very far before all this happened. I'm hoping to get back to it soon.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Hope to be back with good news and workout plans soon!!

Good morning!

Deanie - Great sprint workout! Like the cash out. :) I miss the OHS, I may do some tonight, too. I'm also following the Pavel's version of ETK...I've been perusing the archives of your blog. I may have some questions for you at some point.

Melissa - I like to hear your ETK enthusiasm! I'm liked Starting Strength, but I'm really looking forward to this. It was nice to do something completely different last night.

Jane - I hope mom's doing okay. (((hugs))) Sending prayers for both of you!

Waves to Marcy and Rhonda!

Here's last nights workout:

Warm up: Limber up, wall squats, halos, pumps

ETK Swings:
12 min for 30/30 @ 12kg
* jumped rope during the rests
* took a water break on round 6 rest
* this is a fairly light weight on the swing for me, but I admit that I noticed my form start to slip around the 9 minute mark, so I'll stick with it for a while.

PTTP DL:
178x5
168x5
* I know this is not in the program, but I really need to add in a light warm up set or two on the DLs...maybe 145 or 155...a little something to prime the muscles for the bigger load.

Cash out:
3 Rounds
* 5x pull ups with 30# assist
* 5x walk outs
* 10x weighted sit ups

Have a good day!

Jane, I am so happy that your mom is acting like normal! :D She sounds like the kind of woman I would love to meet, and what a blessing it is that the nurses all know her. I gotcha covered with prayers!
GWTDT is on my wish list. I haven't had much time to read lately, and I am really feeling it! I saw that the author also has another book out, too, which also got high praise.

Deanie, re: snatches: YES THAT HELPS SO SO SO SO MUCH! THANK YOU! I hadn't thought about ecru... that would be a very nice color to add! We aren't done with our room yet, so I am keeping my eyes out for throw pillow sales. Last night Dan said that our room looked like "freakin' army camo"... I can't repeat what I told him, but you already know how ladies feel about men in uniform, especially big, strong, muscled men. So we are having fun. ;)

Gayle, you can DL both of my sons at the same time. I find that incredibly cool. :cool:
Did you think that the swings passed quickly? I always thought that they did.

Marcy, Lisa Nunziella just came from Netflix today! I haven't previewed it yet, but I can't wait to get started. It is nice today and I have to get outside whenever it's nice, so I will save it for a rainy day... I hope there isn't a waiting list for it. :p

Rhonda, how you doing?! :D

I got out this morning for a 2 mile run. Didn't time it so I have no idea how fast/slow I went, but it felt good to be out. The wind bit my face a little but, but man that sun felt good!

See you guys later! :)

Melissa

Melissa - The swings went by very fast. Sounds like a good run. :) Do you have a TJ Maxx or HomeGoods near you? They sometimes have deals on nice looking throw pillows and such. That's where I usually buy my bedding and towels.

Gayle::: Just looked up the paint color of my bedroom....its name is Sagey! ** ha ha**.... a definite sage color:) its Home Depots own color Sagey #420F-4. Please feel free to ask any ???'s any time!!:):)I know when I stopped doing PTTP it was weird to NOT dl!! Nice workout today. Hard, - jumping rope between swings!! Whew!... although I may try that on Thursday... I like it!:eek:;) PS - My cash out was a cash out you did that I liked;)

Melissa::: Glad I could help with the snatches! Glad you enjoyed your run today. It was probably nice not having to time your workout or go for distance....just enjoying your workout! I agree with Gayle, Homegoods has good stuff!! I never have any luck at TJ Maxx......

Jane::: Your mom sounds like one groovy chick!;) I hope all is going well! I am sending you and your mom positive vibes that it is not cancer! It will be nice for all your siblings to be there for your mom.

waves to Marcy and Rhonda!.... hope you gals are still with us!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great evening!

Hello

Hi everyone. I stumbled through MMA Fusion today. I am on SB this week so I am just relaxing.

Deanie- Thought of you when I was on the treadmill Saturday. Great workout and I like your bedroom colors. So is your code name GI Jane or Private Benjamin.

Jane- Will definitely be praying for your mom and for your family as well.

Gayle- Great workout last night. Most of my decorative items came from TJ MAXX, Marshalls or Home Goods. Maybe you could do some glass for the backsplash.

Melissa- Much better today thanks. I am really enjoying the Netflix membership. I just watched Fried Green Tomatoes for the 1st time.

Hi Marcy.

Attachments

• erica-islas-kitchen-backsplash_lg.jpg
    erica-islas-kitchen-backsplash_lg.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.