kettlebell. tuesday.

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Gayle::: How'd workout B go last night?

Jane::: I hope your dad and you had a better night last night. The guitar lessons are for my DS10 :) He's been playing since he's 6 or 7, I forget!! yesterday he got his first real song...Second Chance by Shinedown! He is very excited:):) He really wanted Thunderstruck by ACDC...but that's alittle above his abilities right now:eek::p:)

Marcy::: Glad you liked your new ballroom workout! I love backbends in yoga!!

Hi to Melissa and Rhonda!!!!!

I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning, so I ran out of time for a cash out:mad: really wanted to work on my snatches with the 16kg. I am thinking of taking an extra week and stay on the program min. till I feel more confident with my snatches and c&p and the swings at 1 min./ 1 min....depending on how this week goes, we'll see.....the only problem with that is, week 12 would then be spring break week and we may go away....:rolleyes: anywhoo...
Here's todays workout:

http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Have a great Tuesday gals!!
bbl

I had an uberbusy day yesterday so I didn't get anything in, but I am well-rested so I'll be able to get back on it today. :)

I will be back later!

Melissa

Good Afternoon!

Did 1 pullup and 3 chinups. Then did a 36-minute premix from Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme. It's been a while since I did that one so I didn't get as intense a workout since I didn't remember all the combos and there's no breakdown in the premix but I still had a pretty good workout. I did use 1# hand weights for the warmup. This one had some core work: press up and over into side bend and torso twists (with tubing); plank rocks (this was somewhat challenging) and supermans over the step.

I also did Shiva's Fire/Water Practice from Daily Energy Flow. Just as I put it in the DVD player, DH and Max showed up. Max was very playful and quite funny while I was doing the practice. DH couldn't stop laughing. DH finally decided that was enough and left to leave the room and close the door. I turned around and instead of seeing him laughing, he was holding his head and bleeding. My chinup bar came crashing down on him. He seems to be fine; just a small cut on the top of his head but it was scary. That's the second time it had come down on him. I've been taking it down each time after the first time it happened but since I wasn't done with my workout, I didn't take it down yet.

Here's one of the poses I managed to do before all hell broke loose:

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/2498

Deanie - Great job on the TGUs! That certainly is a long time to do the same exercise. 5 minutes was enough for me!

Jane - Hope you have a better day with Dad!

Waves to Melissa, Gayle & Rhonda!

Marcy

Howdy gang!

Marcy - OMG about about your DH and the pull up bar!!! :eek::eek::eek: I'm glad it wasn't serious. WTG on Bhujapidasana!!! That's amazing that you can do that! The Paso Doble reminds me of the movie Strictly Ballroom. Glad you liked the articles. :)

Jane - I hope you and dad have a good night tonight.

Deanie - WTG on the TGU's today! Nice job on the swings and OHS yesterday! :cool: Sorry about the Jets. Pssst...don't tell Melissa, but I was rooting for the Jets, too. ;)

Melissa - Go Colts! :D

Hi Rhonda!

Workout B...the "B" should stand for "bust" cuz the workout was kind of a "bust". :confused: I didn't feel strong or that I lifted well at all. Here's the lowdown:

Warm up - Lots of limbering and 1 round of "Cindy".

Squat: 98# for 3x5 - These were my work sets, same weight as last workout. I worked the weight up for 4 sets of 5 before these. These just didn't feel at all like they did last week. I videotaped one set and it looked awkward.

Press: 50# for 3x5 - These also felt hard. I struggled on the last set. This is the same weight as last time.

Power clean: I took one warm up set at 53# and bailed on these. I had ZERO power in my hips. There was no sense in performing the movement badly for multiple sets. :mad:

Cash out: Lots of hip opening stretches.

I think part of my problem was (1) I was tired, and (2) I didn't eat enough over the weekend. One thing I'm also experiencing is a weird "achy" thing happening in my hips. It's not an injury or really much like DOMS, but a dull sort of ache...almost like growing pains. My guess is that it has something to do with the fact that I'm heavy squatting more than I ever have. I'm going to check out the Starting Strength forums and see if there's anything on it.

Tonight, I'm going to do Rodney Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes. I haven't done it in a while, but I seem to recall there being some nice hip stuff.

Sorry to ramble...have a great day! :)

I am very unhappy - or rather disappointed in myself :mad::mad::mad: I did horrible today. I had gone a complete 2 weeks without cake or cookies (besides the kids' cookie crisp I had last week). This afternoon I ate about 2 handfuls of chocolate chips (think HUGE, filled to the brim handfuls) and two bowls of Life cereal, which is nothing but sugar. I feel like I have lost all of the strength gains I have made over the past couple of weeks. I had to drop down to 25# on my swings FIVE TIMES. :eek: :( Sugar really is evil. Tomorrow, I will not have a single gram of sugar. I don't like the way it makes me feel or perform.

I think I may do the program minimum an extra week because I do not want to finish the last week of the rotation like this. Deanie, I am so happy you said it first because I wasn't sure how to bring it up to you! :p

Deanie, WOOHOO for DS getting his Shinedown song! That is exciting :D:D:D Have you heard that song Haley's Comet? If your DS is a fan I am sure he has heard of it, but anyhoo, you know when the lead singer is standing on the beach singing? We stood in that exact same spot on our vacation this summer. It is on the northern most end of Anna Maria Island on Bean Point. Very beautiful dunes! Anyways, I thought your DS might get a kick out of the fact that his mom knows someone who has stood where a "star" has stood. ;):p

Jane, how are you feeling today?

Gayle, I really hope that you can get the hip figured out! Does it feel like a tugging, or do you feel it more when you are doing anything in particular?

Marcy, :eek::cool::cool: You are too awesome! Wow, girl!!!

Rhonda, thinking about you! How is your fast going?

We are going to the Smoky Mountains this weekend. It was planned completely last minute and I am feeling incredibly reckless and... excited!!! I never do anything unplanned like this. Ever! It came about under kinda bad circumstances, our scabies are back and we decided to leave the house for the weekend after a treatment on Friday so they all can die and leave us alone, and we just decided on a whim to go to Tennessee since they are having really good winter specials - sorta to make a sucky situation good. :) My husband is so awesome, and spontaneous and fun. Here is a link to our cabin: http://www.vrbo.com/144654 The kids are going to have an absolute blast with the game room! And I am definitely bringing my running shoes! Places like that really make me move, and I feel like I don't experience a place unless I've run it. Maybe I will bring my KB too! ;)

See you guys in a few,
Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.