---> Kettlebell---> Thursday---> Check-In-->

Morning, ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Deanie, I forgot to thank you for sharing what advice was given to you regarding SIM. You definitely seem to have a better grasp on how to use it than I do, have done more research, and what you said makes sense. How do you legs feel this morning after those killer squats y'day? :p

Jane, how was y'day's run? It finally got into the mid 80's here yesterday - and it was sunny! We went to the pool and I wasn't wrapped up in towels. I thought about you and your heat index - and I was wishing I was down south! Usually it is so much warmer by this time of the year. Oh, is the power back on? I sure hope so.

Rhonda, we have actually read that book for the day time bible talk last summer! :) It is a great book, I LOVE it!, and I will bring it up to her, thanks for the rec! The splits... "Chinese" splits or the ones that feel like they could split your groin in half?

Gayle, holy cow that's a lot of pull ups!!! How long did it take you to do those alone??? How do you feel today? :)

Marcy, I wholeheartedly agree with you about DF's parenting, at least that is what I also see. You know, just reading the words " Eoin Finn's Magically Bliss Hips" made me smile - I love that practice!

I don't know what I am going to do today. SIM + pull/chin-ups is on the docket, but I didn't sleep well at all last night and I am e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d.; I was hot, then I was cold, then I was hot, the sheets were sticking to me... :confused: I think that tonight we are going to have to crank up the AC. resting up this morning, just taking it easy, so I can try to get a w/o in this afternoon.

Have a great morning everyone! :)

Missy

Good Morning!

Did Slim Series' Shape It Up this morning. This is one of my no-dread full body workouts.

Squats/lunges - 5#
Deadlifts - 10#
Chest (keeping hands together, lift up straight arms), chest press, back rows, upright rows - 5#
Arnold Press and rear delt flies - 5#
Bicep curls/21s - 5#
Kickbacks - 5#
Chest Fly/Press - 8#, lying overhead press/chest press (arms facing each other) - 5#
I was really feeling all the leg work. Didn't bother to put on the ankle weights this time but didn't really need to.
There were more exercises but didn't have time to write everything down.

I like that Shape It Up alternates body parts. I wish Cathe's workouts did that more instead of exhausting each body part. I always feel like I need extra rest and can't go as heavy as I'd like. I guess that's why P90X worked for me. Although I did hear STS Meso 1 was more like this.

Missy - It was hot here too last night and is supposed to be in the 90s the rest of the week. I was also tossing and turning. Woke up at 5 and then didn't go back to sleep but had trouble getting myself going which is why I had to shorten the workout a little bit. I hope you have a great workout later!

Waves to everyone! BBL!

Marcy

Good Morning!!

Today was Resolution I. I wanted to try it before I started in 2ish weeks. I used a 45#bb for presses and 45#kb for swings. I ended up doing 10 sets in 24 min! I was shooting for the intermediate level, but 10 sets is the advanced level!!:) I also tacked on 5 deadlifts @ 120#:)

Missy::: Have fun with SIM & pullups, if you workout. Today may be a rest day? I always try to research as much as possible the workouts I'm doing when not on dvd. I am really anal and need to know the smallest details and the hows and whys and whens and what ifs!!:eek: So I ask a lot of questions on the AOS forum, and have gotten some great info! Have you ever lurked over there?

Marcy::: Sounds like a fun workout today! I agree, I don't like working muscles to failure either, and that was one of the things I also liked about P90X.

Jane::: Hope you had a fun run yesterday!

Gayle::: Did you do "Josh"? How was it? I think I am going to do it tomorrow. I haven't done pullups this week yet, and OHS are my new favorite exercise!

Rhonda:: yes, we are going to Florida. We are leaving on Sunday afternoon. Any trips planned yet for you?

waves to Andilynn!!

Deanie - I'm not surprised you wound up doing the advanced version.:D WTG on the deadlifts!

Jane - I hope you got your power back on by now.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

My run yesterday was very sweaty and hard but I got it done. The humidity was only 42% but it was 100 degrees outside.

Today I'm going swimming. I have a race on Saturday morning and I don't want to exhaust myself too much by working out in the heat. I'm doing 60 laps tonight. I challenged my friend (whose pool I use) to do as many laps as she could and I would do 10 times the laps she did. She is in her 60's, has bad knees and needs to workout. I figure this would give her motivation. So that is why I'm doing 60.

Deanie ~ Good job on the workout today! You rock!!

Marcy ~ Yes, the power is back on.

Missy ~ I'm glad it's warming up where you're at. The pool water is like bath water here. I actually sweat while I'm swimming.

Waves hello to Gayle, Rhonda and Andilynn.

I can't work out today. Every time I walk around I feel so exhausted and dizzy. :( I will save the w/o for tomorrow. I wish I could take a nap; I just can't shut my brain off.

Gayle, I watched the pbs vids... I REALLY love what the Taiwan gov't did with the care cards - it is brilliant, actually! Imagine cutting all of those administrative costs just by sliding a card and transferring information electronically to a billing center. Seriously, it seems so simple I would like to know why nobody is doing it here or anywhere else? They seemed to have taken a lot of thought and research into putting a system together. The fact that they studied so many countries and decided not to implement any of U.S.'s system into their own is damning, I think. We have so far to go; hate the current health care situation but I am having a hard time getting over my distrust of politicians to believe that they would actually put something into effect that wouldn't pad their wallets or benefit themselves in some way, hurting us even more.

Marcy, is Slim Series very similar to Jari Love? I haven't done one of her workouts in a looooooong time. Do you miss kb's at all? :cool:

Be back soon, hopefully after some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Missy

Jane - What a great motivator you are! Great job with the running! I don't know how you do it in that heat. Glad your power's back on.

Missy - I guess Slim Series is like Jari in that it's very light weights, hi reps but I find Debbie a much better instructor to work out with. I like her personality much better and I like the variety of the moves. Jari only seems to do squats and lunges and I got bored very quickly. I had 4 of her workouts but kept only 1 - Ripped to the Core. That one has compound moves and I really liked it. Jari's also not one for core work (although she does have a fantastic core). Slim Series does a lot more standing work for the core.

As far as missing kettlebells, I do at times. I think all the repetition in ETK got me really burned out. I'm sure I will like it better once I get back to more variety with the DVDs. I also need heavier bells and really can't afford them right now. I only have two 20s and one 25 and really could use a 30, 35 and also a matching 25. I also hardly had any time for cardio when I was doing ETK and found that I really need it a lot more than I thought.

Sorry you're not feeling well. Get some rest and hopefully you'll have a great workout tomorrow.

Marcy

Hi everyone!

I did "Josh" yesterday, scaled to 55lbs OHS and jumping pull ups:

• 21 overhead squats (95/65#)
  • 42 pull-ups
  • 15 OHS
  • 30 pull-ups
  • 9 OHS
  • 18 pull-ups
Time 9:09

Missy - I hope you feel better, and get some rest. I'm glad you liked that PBS video. I think it's a very, very well done summary of those health care systems. I think each has something great we (as a country) could take take from...if we have the intestinal fortitude to get it done.

I subbed jumping pull ups on "Josh" so they weren't too bad, but my biceps were pretty sore at the end. I think at this point assisted pull-ups would have been too hard for that many.

Marcy - I love "no-dread" workouts. :)

Deanie - WTG on the deadlifts! Aren't OHS fun?? They look kinda bad ass, too. ;)

Jane - Have a great swim and good luck with your race!

Waves hello Rhonda and Andilynn!

I don't know what I'm going to do tonight...:confused:

Have a great day everyone!

WOW! Great time Gayle!! and congrats on the 55#OHS!

Missy::: sorry you aren't feeling well. Sending you (((feel better vibes!!)))

Jane::: You are a great motivator!! enjoy your swim!!

Have a great day everyone!

Girls,

This motivation thing may backfire. What if she does 10 or 12 laps?? Then I have to do 100 -120 laps!! :confused: Yikes!!

Missy ~ I hope you feel better!

Gayle ~ Great job on the workout last night!

I'm getting ready to eat some chocolate cake soon!! :):):):)

Have a great evening!!

Jane

Quick Hello

Couldn't spend this Sunday with Dad so I came to FL to take him out to eat. The flights look crappy so I might get stuck here (flying standby).

Will check in tomorrow.

I did Essentrics today and it was hard as @#%%#$. Way more difficult than CS. Will catch up on personals tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.