++++KeTTleBeLL THurSDay++++

Farmer

Cathlete
Hi everyone ( including any possible lurkers-join us)!

Yesterday afternoon I did 3 rounds of swings and I did rounds 10-13 of Providence. Today is a rest day.

Waves to Deanie, Marcy, Jane, Andilynn, and Gayle.

Have a terrific Thursday. It's almost Friday :).

Good Morning Farmer and all who come after :)

Today was a variety day, so I did 4DS bootcamp cardio and 4 sets of 20 pushups. I only did 4 sets of pushups since I did pushups in bootcamp! all pushups on my toes.

Farmer::: enjoy your rest day

waves to everyone else!

Have a great day!

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get to run yesterday so I did P90X Kenpo and then 2 rounds of a kettlebell drill that included squat thrust, thrusters and swings. I ended with 30 or 40 swings with my 35# bell.

It's still raining today :)mad:) so I will do Firepower inside.

Farmer ~ Enjoy your rest day.

Deanie ~ Great job on the push ups.

Waves hello to Andilynn, Marcy and Gayle.

Good morning!

Today is a gym day. I'm planning to work deadlifts and then throw in a little Crossfit style met-con afterward.

Farmer - Good work on Providence! Tell me more about your 100 pushup or burpee challenge.

Jane - I hope you get some dry weather soon. I think the Slingshot routine is my favorite on the Keith Weber DVD.

Deanie - Sounds like a good workout. Thank you for pointing me to that AOS thread! I got a lot of good information for working kettlebells and heavy lifts simultaneously. It should fun. :)

Marcy - Those pull up ladders look tough! Good job.

Andilynn - Sounds like you are busy! Are you taking classes full or part-time?

Have a good day everyone!!

I was really looking forward to doing cardio today. I had my workout all planned out in my head last night and then the phone rings and it's my DH asking me if I'm gettting up today. I overslept by an hour and a half! Apparently I forgot to set my alarm. I was really mad:mad: and obviously didn't get my workout in for today. I guess I needed the extra sleep.

Deanie - Great job on the pushups! Here's an article about "kettlebell hands" which I thought would be helpful to you and everyone else:

http://www.ronjones.org/Coach&Train/BodyXerciseLibrary/Kettlebells/HandCare.htm

My DH and I have both used the ped egg on our feet and it works really well so I plan to try it on my calloused hands.

Jane - Enjoy Firepower! It's been a couple of months since I've done it and can't wait to do it again.

Gayle - Thanks! Pullups are never easy. I hope you have a great workout today. How long are you planning to work on your deadlifts?

Farmer - Sounds like you're really enjoying Providence. Good job!

Waves to Andilynn! Have a great day everyone.

Marcy

Gayle - Thanks! Pullups are never easy. I hope you have a great workout today. How long are you planning to work on your deadlifts?

I'm planning to continue working deadlifts indefinitely, but only really heavy once a week. Lately I've noticed that they're really used a lot in the Mtn Athlete, CrossFit, and Gym Jones workouts.

I think I'm going to also try doing heavy squats once a week, and see how that goes.

Good Afternoon

Marcy::: Sorry you missed your workout today, I hate when that happens!! Thanks for the article. I don't use a pumice stone, but I have been using an emery board and the corn huskers lotion on my hands. I also have been wearing a bandaid with neosporin on it all day and taking it off at night (changing the bandaid as needed during the day) Unfortunately, the blisters I am getting are from that days workout :( but good to know I'm doing all the right things! really like the glove idea, maybe that added to my blister (apparently I have the wrong kind for kb's) so I will look into the cotton ones :)

Jane::: Love firepower!! Hope you had fun! I like how you workout outside. I think I am to self concious too!! I'd feel like my neighbors were watching me (like they have nothing better to do!!;))

Gayle::: Enjoy your workout today! I'm glad the article/forum discussion was of interest to you:)

Andilynn::: Nice to be busy again, isn't it!?

Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited:
Hi everybody! Well tonite will be kettlebells again, I'm thinking Santa Monica so I can play with the ropes! I ran a air hammer all day today and my wrists are killing me so I don't know how well I'll do, this may be a short workout!

Deanie- you're right it is good to be busy again, I was getting bored!

Marcy-That's a bummer about your workout, I hate when I plan one and something derails it!

Jane- I should really try working out in the back yard, I live in the middle of nowhere and nobody could see me!

Marcy-I'm taking classes part-time while working full-time and I'm hoping to go full-time after all my prereqs are done.

Farmer- Enjoy your rest day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.