######KETTLEBELL TGIF######

Gayle

Cathlete
Good morning!

Deanie - I just looked at your blog! "Deathe by KB" at 45lbs...you are a beast! How did you like it? ;)

BBL.

Have a great everyone!

Gayle/Deanie ~ You guys are both beasts!! :p

Now you got me curious so I'm going to try the "Death by Kettlebell Swings" this weekend using my 35# bell.

No workout on tap today. Tomorrow is the 10K and I'm going to do it even if it kills me. I'm sad though because my sister is not going to be running it with me. She fell on some stairs at work and has a swollen ankle. She is however, going to be following me around with some friends as I run so I'll have a cheering/coaching section on my side.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!!!

Good Morning

Yes, todays workout was a schorcher!!:eek: Thursday is usually my day to use the 45#kb, so I figured why not?!:p Here's my workout:

workout::::

Death by Kettlebell swings from crossfit 603::

Grab the Gymboss and set it to continuous 1 minute intervals.

• Do 1 swing in minute 1, 2 swings in minute 2, 3 swings in minute 3...you get the idea.
  • Continue until you can no longer do the number of swings required in the minute allowed.
I used my 45#kb and went to 20 swings/ 20 minutes. I was fried!!:)

then I waited 5 minutes and did: (with my white jumprope and 45#kb)

• 1 minute jump roping/10 two-arm swings
  • 30 second break
  • 1 minute jump roping/10 two -arm swings
  • 30 second break
  • 1 minute jump roping/10 two-arm swings;
  • 30 second break
  • 30 second break

got the above from the AOS forums....

Gayle::: I really enjoyed this crossfit workout. It was challenging after about the 7th swing for me. but I had it in my mind I wanted to go up to 20 swings. I tried for 21 with my 35#kb, but i got to 13 and there was NO WAY anymore were happening today!!:eek: I was really fried and my heart was pounding by #20!! I had planned to do 20 swings/ 20 seconds rest for 20 minutes with the 45#er, so that's where I came up with the number 20. and yes, I also was dancing to the music when I started the one and two swings.:D can't wait for next week and the crossfit workouts! I've enjoyed everyone I've tried.... So anywhoo, what did you end up doing today? Are you still deadlifting?

Jane::: Sorry your sister won't be running with you.:( Although your own personal cheering squad sounds nice!;) Have a great time at the race and I'm rootin' for you!! good luck!!

waves to everyone else!! Happy Friday!

You ladies are too much for me. I have tummy issues right now and if I get better I will hang out with my man Anthony and do Providence.

Deanie- You rock!

Jane- Good luck on your 10 K tomorrow.

Hi everyone else. Have a great weekend.

Jane - Good luck on your race tomorrow! I hope your sister's ankle gets better fast.

Rhonda - I hope you're feeling better.

Deanie - Really great workout! I hope you have fun with the CrossFit stuff next week. I'm still deadlifting, but only once a week.

I spent the whole day working my flower gardens. Basically, I'm consolidating 2 large gardens into just one large garden, so spent a lot of time digging up and dividing plants. My sister's coming over tomorrow to take a bunch that I won't be using off my hands. It finally got into the 70s here today, and tomorrow is supposed to get up to 80! :)

Have a good evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.