Kettlebell Moday

Before I start my workout, I just wanted to stop in and say:

Deanie, Congrats on your team winning the Superbowl! :D They were a MUCH better team last night, and they deserved the win.
(As long as you remember that their QB came from PU in Indiana. ;):p)

Be back later to report on the ladders. :)

Melissa

Good Morning!

Melissa::: sorry about the Colts:(, to be honest, I wanted the Jets to win, but since they weren't in it I was routing for the Saints because I think N. Orleans could use the "pick me up"... I actually read my book during the game!:eek: Have fun with the ladders and day 1 of ROP!

I started ROP today too, but I had to re-arrange my workouts this week. Since I had no power on Sat, I did Saturdays workout on Sunday, so I needed to do a variety day today. tomorrow will be my light day with the ladders. I will be on track by Saturday. It irks me to be off track....:confused:

anyway, here's todays fun workout:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
BBL (we are still snowed in. Our street has been plowed, but a lot haven't. Also, no school today or tomorrow!!!!! WHOO HOO!:):))

Hi chickies!

Deanie - Great workouts! I'm glad you power came back. I hate losing it in the winter. Enjoy your snow days!

Melissa - Have fun with your ladders! You're a very good sport. :)

Waves hello to Jane, Nita, Marcy and Rhonda!

I feel like poo today. :( I think something I ate didn't agree with me. So I'm not sure if I'll workout tonight or make up workout A tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Hi Everyone,

I'm not working out tonight. Today would have been my dad's 87th birthday so we are going out to dinner to honor the day.

Deanie ~ Enjoy your snow days. I'm so jealous. I used to love SNOW days!!!

Gayle ~ I hope you feel better!

Melissa ~ Sorry about the Colts. :(:(

Nita ~ Hope you're having fun with your kettlebells!

Hi Marcy!!

I got it in. I did 25# the entire time - I honestly didn't know if I would be able to do it, since the last time I could c&p I could only do 20's, and was dreaming about 25#. I thought I would just try it, and I can't believe that it was actually sorta easy - I got through the workout with absolutely no problems at all, and finished in 7 minutes... can that be right? I need to move up in weight I think. It was a little hard towards the end, but didn't need any assistance with pull ups at all. Shouldn't this be tougher??? :confused:

I did snatches with 25#. I didn't take the total 1 minute break because I didn't need it at, so I just took about 20 seconds. I did 5 rounds of snatches - 10l, 10r - in 5 minutes.

Am I crazy for not thinking that this is a lot? If not, then TGUs and swings must have REALLY prepared me for this workout!

Deanie, Sanchez is a really, really good QB! I couldn't believe it when I heard them say that he was a rookie :eek: He does very well under pressure and I look forward to seeing him in the future. Can't wait for next year!

(((Gayle))), I hope that you feel better!!!
And I'm not a good sport, not really. I am mad at the Colts! They didn't blitz Brees once (I kept wondering when the heck the D was going to show up!), Reggie kept dropping passes, and Peyton got flustered - again. Grr! Plus, I really do like Brees. :)

See you guys later!

Melissa

Hi again!

Jane::: Enjoy your dinner out!

Gayle::: Hope you feel better!!!

Melissa::: Wow! Great job with the c&p's!! How many ladders did you do? I am going to do 3X3 tomorrow for my light day. Great job on not needing assistance with the pullups!

waves to the rest of the gang!!:):)
I am making a yummy soup for tonight. its 3 grains: split pea, lentil and pearl barley! I definitely think this is a soup night!.... and according to the forecast, more snow is coming on Tuesday afternoon, so I need to get out and get a few things tomorrow morning:eek:!!

Good Afternoon!

Took a Hustle workshop for 2 hours on Saturday and had a great time.

Today I did Fluidity Advanced (for the first time!) It was pretty good; felt challenging at times. When she did pullups on the barre, I just went to my pullup bar and did 2 chins and 2 pullups. Did another 2 pullups after the workout. I was feeling the ab work. It included 20 pushups - I did 10 narrow (chaturanga type) and 10 wide. I didn't find anything super special about Fluidity that's not in my other barre workouts. I know I don't have the barre and it might make me feel some of the moves a bit more. I still plan on getting the barre to use with Fluidity and my other barre workouts.

Then I did Salsa from Lisa Nunziella's 5-Day Latin System. This was a little more advanced that I remember it but I got through it.

My dance workouts seem to be working for me. I lost 2 pounds last month and my body fat's gone down over 3%!

Congrats to all the Saints fans!:p Sorry Colts fans!:(

Deanie - Enjoy your soup! Hope you don't get too much snow tomorrow! It does sound like a fun workout you did. Nice variety! (You know I'm a variety junkie!)

Melissa - Great workout! ETK definitely builds up your strength and endurance. If you didn't see any pullup assistance and things seemed easy, I would definitely try and go up in weight. Pullups are never easy for me!

Jane - Hope you have a nice dinner!

Gayle - Hope you feel better!

Waves to Nita and Rhonda!

Marcy

Deanie, I am getting ready to order another kettlebell. You had recommended Ader to be a while back: is that your favorite bell brand? Is that one one you snatch with?

I was going to order either an Ader from Amazon.com or the Punch kettlebell from AOS (because they are cheaper). I already have their 20kg, and I got it with the buddy. I was thinking about getting the Punch Bulldog 12k to use with the buddy for my c&ps (12k + 4# = 30#). I wasn't sure if the Buddy would make it a bit awkward... but maybe just getting the 30# Ader would be easier? Advise me, wise ones! :p

TIA :)

Melissa

Afternoon Ladies!

Deanie congrats on being part of the winning team, it was hard two weeks ago to see us lose to the Saints (Vikings) but that is the heart of competition and I'm happy for New Orleans.

Melissa, you and I can go drink in the corner and wait until next year ;).

Jane, have fun tonight at your Dad's birthday party tonight.

Hey there Rhonda!

Gayle, I hope you feel better, I felt like that on Saturday because of too many errands to run and kid stuff and I felt like ka-ka and just canned the workout. I opened myself up a bottle of wine instead and was very happy to cocoon because of the snow coming down.

Marcy, I wish I could lose 3% of my fat, oh that would be awesome, but I'm too clumsy to dance and I most certainly can't step to save my life. I have 15 pounds to lose, but that would be to my most ideal weight, if I lose 5 pounds I'm happy, it seems impossible to lose the last 10.

Today was my very first full workout, yay! I did Lauren Brooks first dvd and got through the first 11-minute workout and then half way through the 40 minute workout and the dvd went into hysterics, not sure what happened. I tried to find the exact spot (front lunges section) but it didn't happen again. Tomorrow I'll play it all the way through just to make sure its okay. Melissa, I wish I could swing a 25 pounder, I have my 12 kg in the wings waiting for that day. I also put in Providence from AOS and did 20 minutes before I had to stop, and I am in LOVE! Whoa this is really fun stuff, but I only used the small 4kg for form and trying it out. I know I have to go heavier for proper form, I'm just afraid to strain my shoulder.

I did Insanity on Sunday and right after this I'm going downstairs to get in my Monday installment.

Deanie, I am getting ready to order another kettlebell. You had recommended Ader to be a while back: is that your favorite bell brand? Is that one one you snatch with?

I was going to order either an Ader from Amazon.com or the Punch kettlebell from AOS (because they are cheaper). I already have their 20kg, and I got it with the buddy. I was thinking about getting the Punch Bulldog 12k to use with the buddy for my c&ps (12k + 4# = 30#). I wasn't sure if the Buddy would make it a bit awkward... but maybe just getting the 30# Ader would be easier? Advise me, wise ones! :p

TIA :)

Melissa

I have the Punch Kettlebell in 12k with the buddy and it doesn't feel awkward to me, but then I don't know enough about what awkward would feel like since I just started. The handles on these feel so good, I was afraid they would have a seam or burrs, but they feel great.

I am in LOVE!
That pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it? I feel the same way!

Thanks for your input. I got the buddy to add for swinging, but I guess there is much difference between swinging and cleaning or snatching since you use the same hip snap. when you grip it, does the handle feel too big or bulky to you, or just right?

Melissa

That pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it? I feel the same way!

Thanks for your input. I got the buddy to add for swinging, but I guess there is much difference between swinging and cleaning or snatching since you use the same hip snap. when you grip it, does the handle feel too big or bulky to you, or just right?

Melissa

I ran downstairs and put my hands around it, the handle feels just right too me, not too big for my palm, not too skinny either. I can grasp it very nicely. I can put both hands in-between the horns to swing it, which is funny because I can only get a few fingers in-between the horns of the 4k. I am 5'9" and I wear a size medium women's glove (or size 9). I wouldn't consider my hands beefy at all. I wish that you lived close because AOS is having a Valentines Day sale if you buy the 12k and 20k. The 20k is the next one I will get and you need the 12k.

Last edited:
Melissa::: the call is yours. I really like my 30# Ader bell, and I did snatch with it last time i did ETK.... I have AOS's kettlebell (my 24kg) and I like that also.
Going forward, for me, I would go with whichever I can get the better buy from. I asked for free shipping with the Ader, they said no, but gave me a $10. coupon instead. at AOS I asked for free shipping and they gave it to me....

the 16kg that I snatch with now is a go fit, which is okay, but not as good as the ader/aos....

hth:confused::confused:

... I guess you could go with the aos, since you have the buddy.....?

eta::: Now that I'm thinking about it, yes, go with the 30# ader..... that's what I did and it worked well for me=)

Last edited:

the 16kg that I snatch with now is a go fit, which is okay, but not as good as the ader/aos....

I started with Go Fit. I didn't realize how much I didn't like them until I tried AOS's!

Nita, I wish I lived close, too!!! Wait, maybe I do live nearby - I am near Indianapolis, IN. You? And are you a Colts fan? What will you be drinking in the corner? :p

There is less than 3 dollar's difference after shipping between the 2 bells. Unless you live in one of the surrounding state, Nita, I think that I will go ahead and get the Ader. Here is my logic, and tell me what you all think: if I try dead cleaning with the buddy attached to the Punch bell I won't have to squat as deep and my hip snap will be weaker, as well as the workout less intense. Make sense?

Melissa

I'm still too far away, I'm in Minneapolis, Minnesota!

Yes that does make sense, if I'm getting my terms right. I'm trying to get my husband interested too which would mean the 16k and and 20k could be mind in a few months.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.