"""""""Kettlebell>>>>Friday"""""""

Farmer

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

It is my last day of school and I am so excited. We have to work until 7 tonight to make up for a bad weather day. We actually get snow and ice in Dallas. We get ice and these people don't know how to drive when it is dry so...

I did nothing yesterday and I have no excuse.

Today I did Classical Stretch the Essentric and Toning and Stretching segments. I also did 200 swings.

Deanie- Great workout yesterday. You are tearin it up. I can't believe you forgot about Push Pull :).

Gayle- Good Crossfit last night. Glad the deadlifts are working for you.

Jane- Is it ever going to dry up there? It should be lush and pretty though.

Andilynn- I am looking forward to the new workouts. As far as crossfit is concerned, this is what I will be starting with:

www.crossfitkids.com ( I am serious)

Marcy- Great workout again. Are you noticing any physical changes yet? I think you asked me awhile back about which CS I have. I have the 2007 season and 2009 and the 2 Essentric DVD's should be here next week. It has really helped with my balance and flexibility. I like the way that when you do it, you can hear and feel your body popping and loosening.

Waves to Missy.

Happy Friday. Thanks for keeping me accountable and making me want to work harder.

Last edited:
*dashes in quickly*

Hi everyone!

Rhonda - CrossFit kids is a GREAT place to start! I used them, too. They're good, tough CF workouts. Your post makes me think of Alice Cooper..."schoooool's out for summer....."

BBL!

*dashes out quickly*

Good Afternoon!

Woke up late again but still had a great workout. I did Amy's Kickbox Surge again - warmup, combos and surges 3 through 5, cd and stretch. Even though I didn't do the whole workout, I was still sweating buckets. This is my new favorite kickbox workout. Here is some of what I remember:

Surge 3 - jump kick, 3 alternating roundhouse kicks, jump apart touching floor and two jumps coming up.

Combo 4 - jab, cross, hook upper 1 time slow and 2 times fast, switch lunge, ski jump and roundhouse going back 4x. Jump rope (2 singles and one double with tuck jump). I'm getting much better at tuck jumps.

Surge 4 - Squat, jump kick side

Combo 5 - 4 jabs, then 3 fast jabs and a high block, going back, block to each side with both elbows, bob and weave forward with hook, speed bag arms with jump for 3 counts and clap and switch jump kicks.

I did Jane's kettlebell abs (although I only had time for one round of 12 per exercise):

Side plank row - 20# (wasn't sure how heavy I could go with this but if I did round 2, I would have gone up to 25#).
1-arm situp - 20#
Ab crusher and Russian Twist - 20#
Seated Figure 8 Pass - Tough! I started with 20#, did 4 reps and then grabbed a 10# dumbbell. 15# probably would've worked the best. Seated is so much harder than standing!

Farmer - I didn't see as many changes as I would have liked, but I did lose 1.8 pounds and lost an inch in my hips. I do like putting more cardio back in my rotations. My bodyfat has dropped a little. I'm hoping to see greater changes this month.

Waves to all!

Marcy

Hi everyone! It's a busy Friday for me , cleaning house and painting the tv room(Grandstand Tan) is the color dark but looks as if it will match the furniture well. I did Hardcore Extreme (Interval circuit) this am and it kicked my fanny(in a good way) Cathe really knows how to make me sweat!

Marcy- I keep hearing lots of good things about "Kickbox Surge" I don't have any of Amy's dvd's but this one is sounding good!

Rhonda- Crossfit kids, that sounds like a good place to start! I didn't even think of that maybe that will help with the intimidation factor!

Waves to Gayle, Missy , Deanie and all who follow!:)

Andilynn - I love Hardcore Extreme. Haven't done it in ages but you made me think about taking it out again. I have all of Amy's kickbox workouts except for Rumble (I had heard it went at too slow a pace) and I love them all. Her other ones have hi/lo in them but this one was more martial arts based and had an even amount of punching and kicking.

We had actually painted our guest room a peanut butter color (that's what it was called although it looks a little darker than peanut butter) and it actually came out quite nice. We haven't finished decorating in there but we're happy with the color. I'm sure you will be too.

Marcy

Hi All,

Just a quick check-in. No workout for me today. I have a 5K race at 8 am tomorrow morning.

Rhonda ~ The rain cleared out yesterday afternoon and it ended up being really nice. Today is rainy again. Everything is very green and my crepe myrtles are blooming. At least I don't have to water.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Hi everyone!

Unintended rest day:mad: too much to do, too little time!
....will try to workout this weekend, but that's busy too!:p

Have a great friday/weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.