all pullups assisted except the first

**swings
rolleyes.gif

35#kb
50 swings/ 20 seconds rest
7 minutes
4 full cycles

**comments
* when I finished the C&P's with the 25#kb, I tried the 30#. I did C&P's 1l/1r and 2l/2r. On Monday I am seriously thinking of switching over to the 30#kb for C&Ps
eek.gif
confused.gif

*went into swings today feeling confident about them and the 20 seconds rest.!!!:) However, they were tough !!:eek: I ended up doing the final 2 cycles:20 swings 2 handed, then 10l/10r and the final 10 two handed!! I lost count on the last cycle- so I did an extra 10.... Amazingly, I think my form was really good!

I am running late today. It is the first night of Passover and of course as organized as I thought I was, I forgot stuff at the food store!! So now on top of all the other prep work I have to do, I need to run out to the store!:eek:

Farmer::: Your intermittent fasting sounds interesting. Over on the AOS forum I think a lot of people do that. How does that affect your workouts? I think I would be like you and tend to "store up" food when I can eat!!

Marcy::: I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! Cheesecake! YUM!!

Gayle::: I like the crossfit workout yesterday. How do you know how far 100 ft. is?

Jane::: How was your workout in the park? I am hoping to get my jumprope today. I may be brave and jump outside!!?:eek::confused:

Andilynn:::: Happy Birthday to DH!! I hope you both had fun celebrating! I love Imax 3 blasts only!! I think I love everything about Imax 3:p:)

Have a wonderful day gals!! Off to food shop (wish it was shopping for clothes instead!;))

Good morning!

Today is a rest day. Last night I did "Those Burpees Suck" courtesy of http://www.gymjones.com

My modifications are in red

For time:
10x Pull up - 40# assist
20x KB swing - 35# American overhead swing
30x Box jump - 20" box
40x Push up
50x Sit up
60x Burpee
10x Pull up - 40# assist

Time - 16:47

At the end of the sit ups, my time was 8:50. Those 60 burpees were awful...really awful.

Deanie - Strong workout! I think you can handle 30# on the C&P. On the walking lunges, I estimated that a single lunge was about 3' or so. I just did 36 each round to account for any short ones.

Farmer - I've been intermittent fasting around 6 months now. I do 2 or 3 days a week. I find that this eating style really suits me.

Andilynn - Good job on your push ups!

Jane - Hope you had a good run.

Marcy - Nice job with Newport! I don't dare bring out anything bigger than 18# for that...that just fries me.

Have a good day everyone! :)

Hi Everyone!

I had a good workout in the park. It was sunny but rather chilly for this time of year. I don't mind working out in front of people. Last year I was going twice a week with my friend. Most people didn't even notice us. We would workout in the covered picnic area and one time these people had a cookout and we asked them if they minded us working out at the other end of the pavilion and they said no. So they cooked hamburgers and watched us work out.

Today it's a longer run with my sister.

Deanie ~ Yes, I definitely think you can switch to 30# and have no problem doing C&Ps. Happy Passover!

Marcy ~ I hope your birthday was fun and you ate LOTS of cheesecake.

Farmer ~ interesting information about the fasting. I don't know if I could do that. I'm usually starving in the morning. I'm interested to hear your results.

Gayle ~ You're Superwoman!!! I have that workout from Gym Jones. I keep looking at it and thinking no way....another day!! :confused:

Andilynn ~ Good job on the push ups.

Have a great day!

Hi Deanie - On the intermittent fasting thing, I *usually* tend to workout during an eating phase, but I have on a few occasions worked out near the end of a fast with no ill effects.

Saturday's workout was at the end of a 20 hour fast. I did most of Providence with a slightly lighter weight than usual, but felt really strong (physically and mentally) overall and at the finish.

A number of CrossFitters also IF. Scott Kustes' blog has some really good info on it: http://lifespotlight.com/health/2008/02/27/intermittent-fasting-101-how-to-start-part-i/

Good Morning!

Today was Week 9, Day 3. 5 Ladders, 4 Rungs.

Clean & Presses - 25#
I did all chinups today. I had my best day yet:

Ladder 1: 1; 2; 3; 3 and 3/4-1
Ladder 2: 1; 2; 3; 3 and 3/4-1
Ladder 3: 1; 2; 3; 3 and 3/4-1
Ladder 4: 1; 2; 2 and 3/4-1; and 2 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 5: 1; 2; 2 and 3/4-1; and 2 and 2@3/4-1

Swings: 5 cycles of 25 reps/10 secs. rest for 4 mins. - 25#

Deanie - Happy Passover! Great job on the swings! I think you should try 30# C&Ps next week. I'm sure you could do it.

Gayle - Thanks! I can't imagine doing 60 burpees! WTG!

Jane - I have to admit I had a 2nd piece of cheesecake lst night!:eek: I've been good today so far, though.

Farmer - I'm always starving in the morning too. I can't imagine going without breakfast! Good luck with it and looking forward to hearing your results.

Waves hello to Andilynn!

Have a great day!

Marcy

This morning I did Providence rounds 1-5 and 7-9. I hadn't eaten since 6:30 last night so I ended up using a lighter KB. I am teaching a new class and I was kind of nervous so I didn't sleep well so maybe that is why I had less energy. I will weigh myself tomorrow and let that be my starting weight.

I am hungry but I am not overwhelmed with hunger. It was perfect because I have to arrive at work earlier so I don't have time to cook.

Gayle- Your workout last night sounded rough. My teaching partner uses Gym Jones. I don't know how you do it. Maybe one day.

Deanie- Happy Passover! What kind of foods do you have to prepare? You can do the 30#. You are super strong.

Marcy- Even though you didn't intend to, thank you so much for eating a piece of cheesecake for me. What kind was it?

Jane- Glad you had a good workout last night. It would have been hard for me to workout with the smell of food surrounding me.

Here is another link on IF.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-intermittent-fasting/

Hi Andilynn.

Last edited:
Farmer - Thanks for the link. I eat 5 times a day. Now, I'm just trying to eat when I really feel myself getting hungry. I was happy to eat a piece of cheesecake for you! It was just plain cheesecake but it tasted so good!

Marcy

Hi again

I got my rope for jumping rope today. Not sure how I feel about it. I knew the AOS rope was 10' , but I thought that would be too much for my basement (the ceiling is low). So I measured my regular jumprope and I thought it was 8', so that's what I ordered. Apparently i don't know how to use a tape measure!:confused: I got the rope today and it is great, but a little short:( I can use it if I hold onto the very end. I am going to try it. I can't return it, and I don't want to waste the money. The ebay guy I ordered from recognized me as a repeat customer and was really nice and sent me a sample of the 2" rope (glad he did, it is way too big for me) and an 8' rope that's not manilla which would be great to use, but again just a tad short! I re-measured the original jumprope I had and its actually 9.5' long!!!:eek: I really goofed up! I know if I tell my DH, he'd say go order the right one, but I spent so much money lately, I don't want to spend anymore....I think if I had the right size it would be great. I will try it tomorrow and see. I don't know how the tabata with it will go, since it is heavy (oh, meant to weigh it...will do that later...prob. about 5-7 pounds)

Gayle::: I loved your workout!! And thanks for the article about intermittant fasting...I don't think its for me, but its very interesting!! I'm like Jane, I wake up hungry!:)

Jane:::enjoy your run! I like your cookout/workout story.

Marcy
:::Great job with the chinups!

Rhonda
::: Thanks for the article. I also eat 5-6 times a day. I am getting tired of always tracking my food through fitday (which is great, but I'm really anal) and am always interested in new ideas. I would like not to track, just to eat, but then I would worry I would gain weight!:confused: What is the new class you are teaching?

Andilynn::: wtg on the pushups:)

Have a great day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.