KETTLEBELL CHECK IN--->WEDNESDAY

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

....just getting us started.....

Gayle:::Great job on the deadlifts! You are really lifting some heavy weight! What kb workout did you end up doing? I have dropped the kb in the house, but I workout in my basement, so the cinder block walls or floor can take it!:eek: I would like to workout outside, but I am embarrassed if the neighbors see me!:eek:

Marcy::: I hope the medicine worked and you are feeling better!!

Jane::: Fun workout yesterday, short and sweet. What kind of ball do you use for the slam ball?

Andilynn::: Glad you enjoyed 4DS - it is my favorite series of Cathes. I love the kickbox from it.

waves to Farmer and Vilma!!

bbl with my workout.....

back again!:)

here's my workout:

**warm up
2 cycles of wall squats/halos/pumps

**c&p/pullups
25#kb
30 seconds rest between ladders
5 ladders / 3 rungs
all pullups assisted (no oomph today!), last ladder did wide pullups

**swings
7 minutes
25 swings / 10 sec. rest
7 cycles with my 35#kb, for the last 2 cycles, I used my 45#kb. With the 45# bell I did 1 full cycle and 10 swings before time was up.

**comments
* for the swings- I was doing fine until the 45#kb, that really took it up a notch - won't be doing that again on Sat.
eek.gif

Good Morning!

Today is a run day for me. I'm going for a 6 miler tonight after work! :eek:

I ended up adding another round of walking lunges, push ups and jump squats. in my workout last night. I loved this workout. It was hard but doable. The second round of suicides, ball slams and jump rope was really hard.

Deanie ~ great workout today! Wow...those swings with the 45# can really get your heart rate up. I did 20 last week with my 44#'s and afterwards I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest. I have lots of different medicine balls. I either use my big 18# dyna ball or a squishy 10# ball that doesn't bounce. The hard ones will bounce and you have to be careful. My friend used one the bounced and it hit her in the neck. I need to get a heavier med ball for ball slams. I need to get a 25 or 30 pounder.

Marcy ~ Hope you feel better today!

Waves hello to Gayle, Andilynn and Farmer

Have a great day!!

Good morning!

Deanie - Great workout! WTG on those 45lb swings. :)

Jane - I liked the workout you posted yesterday. I can't wait to be able to workout outdoors again. We're entering mud season. :confused: Have a great run!

Andilynn - I really need to find myself a rubber mat for my gym.

Marcy - I hope you're feeling better better. Allergies are the pits.

Waves hello to Farmer.

I did Newport last night with 8kg and 12kg. My planks were horrendous, but Sotts presses were much improved and easier than usual. I subbed all standard pushups for round 8 and did the TGU bonus. I skipped the snatch challenge as my back had had enough by then.

Today is a rest day. I plan to do some foam rolling before Lost comes on.

Have a good day!

Good Morning!

Thanks for all your well wishes. I'm feeling much better today. I combined yesterdays and today's workout:

I did 4 ladders, 3 rungs of C&P (25#) and

Pullups:

Ladder 1: 1; 2 and 2&3/4
Ladder 2: 1; 1&3/4; and 1 and 3/4-1 and 3/4
Ladder 3: 1; 3/4-1 and 3/4; and 1, 3/4-1 and 1/2
Ladder 4: 3/4 -1; 3/4 - 1 and 1/2; and 3/4-1, 3/4 and 1/2

Then I did my swings. I was supposed to do 50 reps with 20 second rest for a total time of 8 minutes. I only lasted 6 minutes - my arms felt like they were going to fall off! I did 4 sets of 50 swings. My endurance was pretty good; it was just my arms couldn't hold out any more.

Then I did Providence, Rounds 8-12 all with 25#. It almost felt like I was doing this for the first time.

Flip Hi/Pull into Squat - Did the hi-pull into squat and kept up with Tony for full 2 mins.:p First time I did it for full 2 mins. and with 25#!

Tactical Lunges - Stopped after 1:30. Had to stop a few times. My passes were getting messed up.

Triple Crush - Did full 2 mins although didn't keep up with Anthony. Bell felt a little slippery and I was a little sore by this point.

Figure 8 to a Hold and Slingshot - Pretty good but still had problems passing the bell - maybe I was just getting tired.

Seated 1-arm press - L side - did 5, 4, 3, 2
R side - did 5, 4, 3, 1

I concluded with the stretch from Muscle Max. Love Cathe's stretches!

Deanie - Kudos for doing wide pullups! Those are really tough. Great job with the 45#!

Jane - You really do some intense workouts! Hope you have a great run tonight!

Gayle - Congrats on your Sots presses! I hope mine are improved by the time I get back to Newport. My squats weren't as deep today as they usually are. I feel like I haven't done them in ages. I hope your back feels better soon.

Waves hello to Farmer and Andilynn!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Rest day for me today and boy am I ready for it, I'm feeling the heavy lifting from 4ds and am ready for a evening of relaxation! I also took my Psych midterm this morning so for at least the rest of today I'm letting my brain have a day off too! I'm off to wash my car in the beautiful sunshine, Have a great day everyone!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.