KETTLEBELL check IN....tuesday

hi again!

Today's workout was SIM again. I used the same weights and the same amount of rests, but I was able to increase some of my reps.

Tomorrow I need to do a heavy weight workout. I am totally in the dark with what to do. I would like to work on deadlifts and pullups and maybe throw some OHS in there. What do you all think if I did 3 sets of 5 of the deadlifts and OHS and 3 sets of 15 of the pullups?:confused: or do you think one of the below workouts would be better? I am open to any and all suggestions, and as you can see, totally confused!!:confused::eek::eek:

Buy-in
  • Jump rope or row for 3:00
  • Warm up your deadlifts

603 WOD

• Deadlift (DL) 3×5 at 70% of 1RM

At this light weight, they’d better be pretty. These are skill sets, so focus on a solid set-up, generating MONSTER TENSION before that bar comes off the ground and maintaining that tension through the whole movement.
Then…

• AMRAP in 10:00, dumbbell man-makers (55#/35#)

Cash out

OR....

Buy-in
  • 2-3 EASY (slow, with perfect form) rounds of
  • 5 pull-ups
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 air squats

603 WOD

• “Cindy”
  • AMRAP in 20:00
  • 5 pull-ups
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 air squats

....and then I would add in deadlift sets at the end.

OR....

Buy-in
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 10 Good Mornings (w/ PVC or 33#/45# bar)
  • 10 push presses (w/ PVC or 33#/45# bar)
  • 10 OHS (w/ PVC or 33#/45# bar)

603 WOD

• AMRAP in 20:00
  • 7 bodyweight DLs
  • 7 push-ups
  • Sprint 200M

.....doing pullups instead of pushups and no sprinting!!

Cash out

• Strip your barbell and carry it 400M
  • At least 50M must be overhead
  • At least 50M must be in a front rack position
  • At least 50M must be a farmer’s walk (grip the barbell dead center so it doesn’t tip forward or back)

TIA for any and all suggestions!!

Okay, hit the submit button instead of the preview button!:eek::p

I am so loving my 24kg bell! I swung it again for 10 swings today!

Thanks again everyone for your kind words about my dad. I really appreciate it!:)

Jane:: I don't have preform better bells, just the go fits (I got them at DIcks sporting goods: don't have to pay shipping and I usually have a $10.00 off coupon) so comparatively, the AOS bell is great!!! oh! I have an Adar which I love also and I guess I would say the AOS bell is comparable. I may like the AOS bell a little better: the handle is thicker and I find it is better for my grip like that.

Laura:: I hope your blood test went well today.

Gayle:: Just read your blog! TOTALLY in awe of your workout with the deadlifts and manmakers!!! I am thinking of doing that, but your 19 rounds of manmakers, puts me to shame!!!;) :) Great workout!!

Marcy:: Your Saturday night dance looks fun!! I'm sure you had a good time! Did your DH come with you? My mom was told not to visit my dad everyday since he is getting used to the routine at the home, so she goes 3X a week. The other days she calls to see how he is doing. She is so funny, she is worried about bothering the nurses!!! they are really nice, and don't mind at all! It is really hard for her not to go every day. The place is about 30-40 min. away from her. Now my brothers and I are worried about her, if she has an emotional visit and she has to drive home.... always something!!:rolleyes:

Missy:: Hope you had a great workout outside! Are you doing SIM 4X a week alternating the weeks? that's what I am going to do for a while.

Rhonda:: Glad you are still enjoying your KM classes. That was quite a workout yesterday...are you sore today!!?? How's the IF going? are you still doing it?

Okay, Chatty today aren't I?? LOL!

I will try to BBL!
Have a rockin' day!!:cool:

Hi Everyone!

I'm glad I had a rest day yesterday. It took me 1 and 1/2 hours to get home from work yesterday (usually takes me 40 minutes) due to a traffic accident. I had to double back the way I came and then take back roads home.

Today I'm doing a progessive workout. If anyone remembers the February challenge, this is where I got the idea. I reworked it a little bit.

This workout will progress each round. Each round you will do the "additional" exercise as well as the previous one.

1 - 200 Jump Rope :eek: (may only do 100)
2 - Box Jumps - up and over
3 - Renegade Manmakers :confused:
4 - Jingle Jangles
5 - Double Armed KB Push Presses
6 - Sit ups
7 - Kettlebell Squats
8 - Slam Ball
9 - Pull ups
10 - Kettlebell Swings

Example:
Round 1 - 200 Jump Ropes
Round 2 - 2 Box Jumps, 200 Jump Ropes
Round 3 - 3 Renegade Manmakers, 2 Box Jumps, 200 Jump Ropes,etc.

Deanie ~ Great workout today. Thanks for the info on the AOS bell. I will have to check them out. I think you should do all the workouts you posted tomorrow! ;) You can handle it. They all look great. It's hard to pick just one.

Gayle ~ You are going to be my inspiration when I do my manmakers tonight but I'm using 15# instead of 25#!!! Great job!!

Laura ~ I hope it cools off by you. Where I live, we are in a constant state of humidity. I think it was 100% this morning. Hope all went well with your blood test.

Marcy ~ Thanks for the kind words about my dad situation. It's a learning curve and I'm learning lots about myself.

Missy ~ Congratulations on the backyard workout. Aren't they fun!! It's hard for me to workout inside even on the hot and sticky days.

Farmer ~ Please remain on your best behavior! We would miss you! :) Your KM class sounded like fun!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

Greetings and Salutations

Hi all. Today I did a segment of Classical Stretch and Core Rhythm Latin Synergy. Both were fun. I am not sore from the craziness of yesterday but the Chief Goddess of Monthly Misery is paying me a visit. I am going to try to keep my workouts up and just hit the Advil hard and see what happens.

I have class tonight but our professor is pretty funny so it shouldn't be boring.

I am still doing Intermittent Fasting. I try to space my meals 15 to 18 hours apart and I do it about 4-5 days a week. If ever I get hungry before this window, I eat. The first few days of TTOTM, I just eat normally because the cramps must somehow trigger hunger. IDK. All I know is that I see cows on the side of the road and fantasize about them being on my plate.

Deanie, Jane, and Gayle- You are beasts. There is no other way to say it.

Deanie- I agree with Jane. Just do them all. Go put on two terry cloth wristbands and clink your wrists together like Wonder Woman.

Jane- Sorry you got stuck in traffic. What did you do to pass the time? Do you listen to audiobooks or an Ipod?

Laura- Hope your appointment goes well.

Waves to everyone.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies

Well the blood test was okay, just left a nice bruise lol. Didn't get round to my workout today. I've got a part time job in the mornings and one in the evenings. So I try to either workout first thing. Or do it in between the gap betwen jobs. But today I didn't make enough time. I really missed it.

Deanie: Way to go on the 24kg kettlebell. I'm having trouble with my 8kg one lol.

Janie: As per usual your workout looks wonderful. You get some brilliant ideas for workouts.

Farmer: Good luck with the fasting. I don't think I could do any fasting. I try to eat every three hours. Protein and fibrous carbs if I can.

I will try and check out all your blogs to get some motivation.

Have good days ladies.

Love
Laura
x

Hi everyone!

{{{{{Deanie & Jane}}}}} You ladies are really wonderful to your parents. I’m sorry that you and your families are going through these hardships.
Deanie – I worked in a nursing home while I was in high school (in the kitchen), so let your mom know that the staff loves to see the residents have visitors, so she shouldn’t worry about bothering the nurses.

Jane – I love your progressive workout idea…very cool. I’m sorry you had such a hassle getting home last night.

Deanie – All of the WODs you posted are good ones, though I haven’t tried the DL/pushup/sprint one yet. Based on your criteria, here’s another idea to help muddy the water ;) :

Buy in
Shoulder dislocates and the Boz warm up.
DL warm up

WOD
3x5 Deadlifts

Then,
5 Rounds
* 10 OHS
* 15 pull ups

This is loosely based on a CrossFit HQ WOD - http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_SnatchOHSPullupWOD.wmv

Cash out of your choice (I would just foam roll & eat)

Missy – Sounds like you had a really fun weekend! I haven’t been jet skiing in many years, but I remember it was such a blast…and a pretty good workout, too! It’s great that your friend liked the torture…err, I mean workout you put her through. I hope your back is feeling better.

Rhonda – I want a grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid so I can try making my own sausage. I LOVE that machine!

I love your story about the ceiling fan. DH and I are both pretty handy people, but the best thing we ever did to keep our marriage together was hire out our drywall work. ;)

Great workouts yesterday! The next time the Chief Goddess shows up, use some Krav Maga on her. :p

Marcy – Great job on your pull ups and chin ups! The dance class this weekend sounded like fun.

Laura – Keep doing the weights in the gym! The guys are gawking because they’re impressed. I’m glad you’re enjoying your DVDs. Windmills are a tough shoulder stabilization exercise. I had to start with a much lighter dumbbell (10lbs) when I first began doing them.

Waves hello to Andilynn!

Last night I did the CF 603 WOD which was:

3x5 Deadlifts @155lbs – made them all pretty, pretty, pretty

Then,
AMRAP Man Makers w/ 25lb dbs – I got 19 rounds, but these were so NOT pretty. I had sweat spattering…not dripping, but SPATTERING on the floor every time I went into the pushup. I can feel every one of them in my core today.

I’m going to do today’s 603 WOD after work:
Buy-in
20[FONT=&quot] Burpees[/FONT]
20[FONT=&quot] Tuck jumps[/FONT]
Tucker’s walking lunge stretch, 20 meters
603 WOD

• Run 1 mile, max effort (this should be funny to watch, given my running ability)
Cash out

• Carry 25% of your BW for 400m.
We don’t care how… but at least 50m of it has to be overhead, and at least 50m has to be using only one hand.

Have a great day everyone!

Jane- Sorry you got stuck in traffic. What did you do to pass the time? Do you listen to audiobooks or an Ipod?

I have XM/Sirus in the car so I'll either listen to that, a CD (since MJ's death, I've been listening to the J5) or my Personal Training (workshop) cds. In another lifetime, I was planning to work part time as a Personal Trainer but then my life got a little complicated.

It is very rare that I get stuck in traffic because I drive home on a 4 lane highway that has no stoplights and usually doesn't have heavy traffic.

Good Afternoon!

No pool for us today. I am getting ready to paint the boys playroom, so we went to Home Depot for color swatches. I'm leaning towards boring beige colors!:p

Jane::: Love the creativity of your workout! Have fun!! Sorry you were stuck in traffic!

Rhonda::: Hope your visit with the Chief Goddess of Misery (love that name!!**ha ha**:)) is short and uneventful! enjoy your class tonight.

Laura::: glad all was okay with the blood test.

Gayle:::
Seriously considering the wod you posted! it has all the fun exercises in it!:p thanks! I looked at the video of the actual workout, and I look like the gal in the very back when I do my OHS!:) I always want to look like the gal in the front, but so don't!!;) Aren't you just loving the workouts they are posting at 603 lately? So many fun workouts, so little time. Enjoy todays workout! Except for the burpees, it should be a snap compared to yesterdays!;)

waves to Marcy!! hope you are not working too hard!!:cool:

Have I used enough smilies in my post!!??? LOL!!

Good Afternoon!

Looks like I missed a lot! Today I did Mix It Up from the Slim Series but I substituted different core exercises: forearm plank, straight arm plank, side plank with leg lift and rocket shoots.

Rhonda - I'm loving the dance lessons. For July, it's going to be advanced salsa lessons. I start on Thursday. What class are you taking tonight? Do you have a favorite Core Rhythms?

Gayle - Sounds like you really worked hard yesterday! Good job! Your running ability sounds about the same as mine. I've given up on running for now and I'm surely not missing it in the least!

Jane - Good luck with the workout today! Sounds brutal as usual! I guess I got your leftover traffic. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get to work this morning. I hope it's better on the way home.

Deanie - Good luck with the playroom! Picking colors is always such a pain.

Waves to Missy, Laura and Andilynn!

Marcy

Well, howdy everyone! :)

Jane, I hate traffic. Hate it soooooo much! I don't do anything between 7 and 9 in the morning and 4:30-6 in the evening because nothing wastes time like sitting in rush hour. I was taking DS to taekwondo practice last week and there was a back up on the highway because a light at one of the exchanges was out - I was ready to scream at the top of my lungs and bang my head on the stearing wheel... patience truly isn't one of my virtues. ;] I absolutely love the sound of your workout for today! I will give it a go on Sunday morning - to get rid of whatever crap I binged on July 4.

Gayle, carrying anything that isn't in a book bag for 400m sounds tough! Do you do it on a TM or outdoors? It actually sounds like something I would love to do - YOU GUYS HAVE TO STOP GIVING ME IDEAS; I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIT IT ALL IN!!! :D
19 rounds of manmakers - YOWZA!!! My hat's off to you darlin'! Jetskiing can be a good workout? Really??? I knew my heart was pumping, but I thought it was just the adrenaline rush because it was my first time n' all :p

Laura, I don't mean to be a pest, but what did I miss about blood testing? Is everything okay? Sorry if I am asking you to repeat yourself. :eek: I hope that everything comes back fine and dandy. :)

Rhonda, that Misery Goddess can kiss my big white butt. Kill her with Advil, Midol, whatever. I like a hot cup of tea with some honey and cuddle time after a nice jog. You know what's crazy? I haven't had a drop of milk in 6 years and have been almost (except for the occaisional pizza) completely dairy free for - I forget how long, but it's been a while - and I haven't had one teeny tiny cramp and I noticed my appetite isn't as crazy around TTOM, isn't that interesting? I still get tired and mean, but no cramps.

Deanie, right now I am just doing SIM two days a week: Monday and Thursday and Tuesday and Friday I am doing either Providence or Newport. When school starts again I will go back to 4 days a week; I just wanted to change it up for summer, and I keep seeing WOD's that I want to do. ;] For your workout, Cindy is looking really good to me for some reason. I youtubed it and look what I found!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3gwbKtuUVo :eek: Go Julia!!!

Today I did Newport - goodness I love this workout! Instead of the matrix/planks (which I HATE!) I did a series of spiders and pushups. I didn't count how many TGUs or snatches I did at the end, but I used a 20#kb for the TGUs which still killed me by the end, and I used both 20 and 25# for the snatches. It felt pretty good! :) I turned off Anthony and snatched to "Thunderstruck", one of the ultimate kick butt songs for kbing I think. I also took the kids to the park and we went semi-hiking. That was fun. It is kinda chilly here today - 70ish. This is the weirdest summer! I am not joking - by this time it is usually suffocating with the humidy and upper 80-90 degrees and no breeze, but this summer has felt more like spring... but you will NOT hear me complaining!

Tomorrow I am planning to go for a jog with my doggie, Lucy. She is ill behaved around other dogs - all she wants to do is play - but at least she has some stamina. My other dog, the Golden Retriever, is pooped by the time we hit the 1 mile marker. She is so fat and lazy, but golly I love her! :D:D:D

Have a great day ladies! :) :) :)

Missy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.