kEtTlEbElL cHeCk iN....tUeSdAy

deanie

Cathlete
Good MOrning

Today was Newport. Nothing new to report with Newport: same weights as last time, no rests between rounds like last time, and the snatch test I did for 5 min with the 20#kb. It was weird though, the snatches were not very good, I banged my forearms a couple of times, which I haven't done in a while:confused:. Round 4 continues to plague me!:mad:

Gayle::: Holy Workout!! Power snatches!!?? You go girl! did you go to an instructor to learn those? I like the move, but I would be afraid to try it on my own. Very empowering move though... Do you have rings to do the ring dips, or did you just do tricep dips off the bench? Thanks for the treadmill equivalent of 100M, I may do that workout this week....

Missy::: Glad you enjoyed your first WOD:) Hope you had fun with your nephew. What's on tap for today?

Marcy
::: Are you enjoying switching up your workouts? I kinda miss the "schedule" of ETK; knowing what I'm doing when and how.....

Jane
::: I hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Rhonda
::: Wow, you are the queen of swings!;) Don't you just love them? a cardio and toning workout all in one!

Andilynn::: Good job on guessing your weights for meso 2! When I had ordered STS, I had started doing my 1RMs. Lots of work! guessing sounds good to me:p

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Good Morning!

I ended up doing a short workout yesterday. On Mondays, I help a couple of friends workout and I ended up doing it with them yesterday. Fun! :)

Today I'm getting.....

Down-N-Dirty
3 Rounds - 1 minute each exercise
Jumping Pull ups
Box Jumps
Renegade Manmakers - **evil**
Sit ups with weight
Jump Rope
Heavy Swings

Deanie ~ Sorry about the snatches. :( I think some days are just struggle days. You'll be back in fine form tomorrow. Keep up the good work!!

Waves hello to everyone else!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!

Here is today's workout:

SIM week 3, day 2 (day 1 was Sunday)
30 seconds of work, 30 seconds of rest (but I went beyond the time of work if I had to "even out" sides)
Round 1
Long Cycle Jerk: 20#, 6 reps each side (I made it a double)
1/2 Snatch: 25#, 6 reps each side
Double Squat: 40#, 16 reps
BB Getup Situp: 20#, 9 reps
DB KB Dead Clean:20#'s, 11 reps
Fig. 8 to a Hold: 25#, 22
Push ups: 37 STRAIGHT, and ON MY TOES! :)
Plank, 1 minute
1 minute rest

Round 2
Jerk: 20#, 13 each, (I made it a double)
Snatch: 25#, 8 each side
Hand 2 Hand Sumo: 35#, 37 reps
Side Bends: 20# in each hand, 12 alternating
Alternating Cleans: 15#, 30 each (I am still working on this one)
Fig. 8 to a Hold: 25#, 20 reps
Military Pushups: 30, all on my toes again
1 minute rest

Round 3
Push Press: 15#, 22
1/2 Snatch: 25#, 6 each
Squat: 40#, 15 reps
Windmill: 20#, 8 each
DB KB Clean: 20#, 15 each
Staggered Pushups:12 on each side
High Plank, 1 minute

I was feeling really good after this so I added:

Assisted pullups, 30 second on, 30 off for 4 rounds(minutes), didn't count

Static Lunges, on l/r:
15 reps of 30
12 reps of 35
14 reps of 40
18 reps of 30

Wall sit:
2 minutes (my tushy felt that one!)

Pushups to finish the workout; I pushed until I couldn't any more, and when I wanted to quit I made myself finish 40, it took close to 1 1/2 minutes - I feel SO GOOD! Every single pushup was on my toes, I feel unbelievable! :eek::D:D:D:D The total time for the entire workout came in at just under 40 minutes.

Deanie, I have those days too, and I hate them! You know the workout, the form, you know you can do it well but DARNIT, it just isn't doing what you know it can. Perhaps a rest day is due?

Rhonda, 350 swings in one day? Rock on.

Hello Jane, Marcy, Andilynn, and Gayle (did I forget someone, sorry if I did!)!

Missy

Good Morning All!

I woke up late this morning so I just wound up doing Core Rhythms Latin Synergy. It had about 8 styles of dance: samba, cha cha, swing (highest impact), merengue, salsa, paso doble, rumba (I forgot the last one). My ribs were starting to hurt again doing this. Core Rhythms goes at a pretty fast pace and between moving your hips and rib cage, you wind up using muscles, you ordinarily don't use and you can feel your core working. Great workout and I managed to break a sweat.

Missy - Great workout! Wall sits are brutal! Did plenty in P90X. I love combo workouts. RTTC is the only DVD I kept of Jari's. Tomorrow I will probably be doing Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning (also lots of combo/compound moves).

Deanie - You are becoming the Queen of Endurance! Great job on Newport! Round 4 isn't the hardest for me. I think it's Round 7 (the one with the sots press).

Rhonda - Great job on the swings! Good luck on your exams!

Jane - Are the renegade manmakers the same ones as on Empire State? Down-N-Dirty looks like something I might attempt and kept it for future use. How many inches do you use for the box jumps?

Waves to Andilynn and Gayle!

Marcy

Have to give Thanks

To all of you. I would have slacked off a long time ago if it wasn't for your encouragement. I would like to also thank you for sharing your challenging workouts. It makes me want to work harder.

Example- Last night we were trying to figure out which smoke detector was beeping. We had 4-5 that could have been the one. So while I was standing waiting for it to beep ( they never beep when you want them to) I picked up the KB and started swinging.

Today I did Keith Weber Extreme Cardio segments 1-4. I hope to finish when I get home. I would have never thought that I could do this workout but I made it through. I had to use a lighter KB and it was hard but still doable.

I am at the point where people are asking me if I am losing weight :). I haven't weighed but my jeans are looser.

Deanie- Good job on Newport. I stink at snatches so I just do high pulls. I plan on going to the trainer this summer to get more help. You will get your form back.

Jane- Have fun getting Down and Dirty.

Missy- Your workout was a killer. I am glad you joined us.

Marcy- Thanks! I am so ready for these classes to be over. They really are interesting
( Marriage and Family therapy and Advanced Counseling Skills) but I am tired. I am only taking 1 class this summer. Core Rhythm sounds like fun. Off to google this.

Waves to Gayle and Andilynn.

Hi everyone!

Deanie - I'm still amazed at Newport with no breaks! Good job! Most of my Oly lifting is self taught, through books and the Mike Burgener video clips. There is a CSCS at the gym I workout at that has been nice enough to give me some ad-hoc critique and pointers on my power cleans and OHS that helped a lot, but he's usually pretty busy with his college athletes. Once I can commit some time and a little cash, I'm going to look for a lifting coach in the area who can help me. I know of one, but he's 90 minutes away. :( I do have a set of rings at home. I really need to use them more...there's a lot you can do with them.

Jane - Great looking workout!

Missy - That's a lot of work in just 40 minutes! Wall sits are evil.

Marcy - Nice workout! Looking at the list of dances remonded me of the movie "Simply Ballroom". Ever seen it? It's campy, but fun. :)

Rhonda - Great use of down time! I was thinking of doing Providence tonight, but now you've gotten me thinking of breaking out my Keith Weber...decisions, decisions...

Waves hello to Andilynn!

Farmer - IMO, inches lost are better than pounds! WTG! I have the Core Rhythms Club Mix which I heard was better than the original set they put out. There is a new Sculpting Collection but I don't have that one. I've done 2 of the Club Mix now and they move at a nice, brisk pace.

Gayle - Yes, I have seen Simply Ballroom. It was good.

Gayle/Farmer - Can either of you give me a short rundown of what's on Extreme Cardio?

Marcy

Jane - Are the renegade manmakers the same ones as on Empire State? Down-N-Dirty looks like something I might attempt and kept it for future use. How many inches do you use for the box jumps?

Marcy

Marcy,

I don't have Empire State but this is the Renegade Manmakers that I do.

http://www.mtnathlete.com/subpage_details.php?subpage_ID=206&page_ID=14

I do box jumps on a 12 inch box but I have done a couple on a 18 inch box as well. I need someone to hold my hands when use the 18 inch box. Physically I can do it but mentally.....:confused:

Jane - Thanks for the clip. These are very similar to Empire State but I don't think Empire State does a shoulder press at the end.

Marcy

Gayle/Farmer - Can either of you give me a short rundown of what's on Extreme Cardio?

Marcy - Dragon Door has a pretty decent summary here: http://www.dragondoor.com/dv052.html

Keith uses 10 rep sets for most of the rounds, except the TGU round. The Core bonus uses a variety of crunches, pull overs, plank stuff...it's a nice all around core segment. The one thing I'll say about this workout is that he does move fairly quickly. I don't even try to keep up on some rounds.

Farmer - IMO, inches lost are better than pounds! WTG! I have the Core Rhythms Club Mix which I heard was better than the original set they put out. There is a new Sculpting Collection but I don't have that one. I've done 2 of the Club Mix now and they move at a nice, brisk pace.

Gayle - Yes, I have seen Simply Ballroom. It was good.

Marcy

Thanks. When compared to AOS DVD's, Keith Weber's quality isn't as good. It is sometimes hard to hear and the camera jiggles. If you focus more on the KB's than the tv, you will be fine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.