kEtTlEbElL cHeCk In.....tUeSdAy

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Just getting us started......

Gayle::: How was "deadlift Monday"?

Andilynn:::How did ETK go for you? Glad you are joining us. I do wall squats with my back to the wall, but they should be facing the wall.

Jane::: I hope you got a good nights sleep!

Marcy::: Good workout yesterday! I agree - the hardest jump for me was going from 20 to 30 swings, the rest so far have not been too bad.

waves to Vilma and Farmer!

BBL to post my workout!
Have a good one!

workout completed

**warm up:::
wall squats/halos/pumps

**TGU:::
8.5 min.
35#kb
8 left/ 8 right
tried for the 9th, but it wasn't happening!
mad.gif
frown.gif

up one on each side from last week.

**practiced snatch with 30#kb:::
2 sets: 5 left/5 right

**ropes tabata::: from AOS women's page
4 min- 20 seconds work/10 seconds rest::
alternating wave
figure 8 doubles
in and out
big doubles
outside circles
upper cuts
squat with alternating waves
big outside circles/inside circles/jumping jacks

**comments:::
*good workout.
*disappointed about the TGU's - I wanted to go the whole 10 min!
oh well....something to work towards for Friday.:rolleyes:

Good Morning!

I'm a ETK dropout as it was written anyhow :confused::(

Oy I have found I like doing the days but not when its written out in the book. I like doing them after cardio days or when I have some free time and I seem to be stuck in week 1 although I have ventured out towards the end of week 2 so I guess I'm not doing it as written. :eek: I like doing my TGUs when I want to and find that sometimes I want to continue doing them even after the timer goes off. I need to recommit perhaps lol. I feel so guilty

I started so strongly too ahh well I may do Newport today to feel better :rolleyes:

Deanie you are doing so well and staying with the ETK program as written WTG.

picture.php

Uggh cramps

Good morning everybody.

Deanie- How do you muster up the strength to do ropes? Are you on another continent and 8 hours ahead of us :)?

ShyWolf- Nothing is written in stone. When you feel like completely dropping in, you will. Some exercise especially KB is better than no exercise.

I started doing Providence but I had major cramps. I should be back full swing in 2 days. I sometimes hate being a girl!

The trainer also told me that doing KB's in front of a mirror actually messes up your form more. She said that you focus on looking in the mirror and not doing what feels right.

Waves to Andilynn, Vilma, Gayle, Jane, and Marci.

Have a good day.

Hi Everyone,

I got some good rest last night so I'm feeling good. On Mondays, I help a couple of friends workout and I got back late last night and only had time to do the Challenge which is, becoming quite a Challenge!!!

Tonight I will be doing the February Challenge and the following workout from Jersey Shore Crossfit:

6 rounds
20 seconds of work/10 seconds of rest

1. Jumping Pull ups
2. Kettlebell Push Press
3. Kettlebell Snatches
4. Burpees or Mountain Climbers (I'm doing burpees - it's only 20 seconds ;))
5. Swings
6. Slam Ball

Deanie ~ Great workout! No need to be disappointed with the TGU. You are doing great!

Vilma ~ Don't feel bad out being an ETK dropout. I find it hard to do rotations or programs as written. You are still working out and that is most important.

Farmer - Hope you feel better!!

Waves good morning to Gayle, Andilynn and Marcy.

Hi again

Vilma~ Don't be sad about being a "drop out". ETK is not for everyone, please still check in with us though!!!!!:) I agree with wanting to do the TGUs longer- thats why I set the timer for 10 min.

Farmer~ GREAT tip about the mirror. I usually find working out in front of the mirror helps, but I think the trainer is right about kbs and mirror. When I do the snatch, I am better watching Anthony or away from the mirror than when I watch myself! Feel better!!

Jane~ Love Jersey Shore Crossfit workouts! Have fun!

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning everyone! Last nite I started ETK, but I did 30 minutes of Imax 2, so I really felt plenty warm,skipped the ETK warmup and then did the swings and actives rests, after that I went back and did some stretching with Cathe. I have to admit I have a little ADD! I know after I hit the ROP I won't be able to play around with things! I also practiced my TGU's I've almost got the problem side going smoothly so soon I hope to raise my weight!

Hi to all and have a great day!

Hi everyone!

Vilma - Don't feel bad. I have a hard time following any kind of program as well. The only reason the deadlift thing is working for me is that it's only two days a week.

Farmer - I agree about the mirrors. They're frowned upon in the stuff I've read about power and oly lifting too. Actually, in my deadlifts, cranking the head up to look in the mirror really throws off form.

Marcy - I heard an interview on NPR over the weekend with Bikram Choudhury, the inventor/founder of Bikram yoga. He sounds like a pretty interesting character.

Waves hello to Deanie, Jane, and Andilynn.

Last night's workout went pretty well. I got my new GymBoss last night :D:D, so I think I'll peruse New Jersey CrossFit and do something from there. I think I'll add in some yoga as well.

Have a good day everyone.

Good Afternoon!

I had my best pullup day so far:

I'm on Week 2 Day 1:

3, 2, 3, 2, and 2&1/2. I think this was the first time I did 3 in a row!:D

Then I did 4DS HIS. I really like this workout. Lots of fun and a great workout in only 33 mins.

I also did 6 TGUs on each side with 25#. My form was starting to lack on #5 so I took a little break and then did 1 more on each side.

Deanie - You really are a machine! I wouldn't feel bad about no going the 10 mins. 35# is really tough.

Vilma - I'm not doing ETK totally as written but am for the most part following it. I took your suggestion of doing cardio first and like that much better for the days I do TGUs. In the beginning, it's a little boring but if you keep varying your active rests, it keeps it interesting. I am one that definitely has exercise ADD and I always have to keep changing things up. I would just do it however you're comfortable with it as long as you're getting it all in.

Jane - You're another machine! The February challenge plus a tabata? WTG!

Andilynn - Sounds like you had a good first day with ETK!

Farmer - Thanks for another good tip! I hope you feel better.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.