kEtTlEbElL cHeCk In....tHuRsDaY

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today was a variety day with etk. I worked on TGUs and swings. It says in the workbook that if you are getting smoked by swings (which I was yesterday) to practice on the variety day with a heavier bell and that should help.....we'll see....

workout:::
warmup:: wall squats/halos/pumps:::3 cycles
TGUs::: used 35#bell:::10 on each side
swings:::used a 45#bell:: 5 sets of 10 and one set of 20 with 20 seconds rest in between

I am really looking forward to stretch/yoga tomorrow!!:)

Marcy***I hope your final round of swings in the program min. went well today:)

update::: I am finalizing our menu with the caterer today (a different one than the one I had to follow up on) and we got my son, his 3 friends, and us (me,dh,ds9) all tickets for the Mets game, in a great section - almost over the dugout)!!! Things actually fell in place for us!!:)

BBL for personals:)

Hi Everyone,

I was supposed to go running yesterday but it was too cold and I only have one pair of long workout pants and they were dirty. So I did rounds 1-4 of AOS Newport, AOS Firepower (once through), 10 Mr. Spectacular's w/2-18# kbs. I followed that up with 15 swings with my 44#bell!!

Today I have another "forced" rest day. My cousin is coming in from Minnesota today. I haven't seen him in years so no workout for me today. I think it's a good thing because I'm a little sore today!

Deanie ~ So glad everything worked out for your party!

Waves hello to all follow.

Good morning!

Jane & Deanie - You're busting out some heavy swings, ladies! :eek:

Deadlifts tonight...10x3 at 155 or 160...we'll see how it feels.

Waves hello to the rest of the gang. :)

BBL

Last nite I did Santa Monica with the ropes on, I absolutely love this workout and it has to be my favorite (for now!) Tonight will be some cardio (to be decided) and maybe some Abs from STS, I'm really liking the ab circuits dvd. I have such a bad case of ADD , I really hope to get back on the ETK wagon and I really need to start my 1rm so I'll have them done when I'm ready to do STS!

Have a great day everybody!:)

Good Morning:

Today was my last day of swings for the Program Minimum. I started with 4 cycles of the warmup (wall squats, halos, pumps). I felt my right tricep hurting me on the halos (25#) so I did some 20# Russian twists for one cycle, only used 20# for one cycle and then went back up to 25# on the halos for the last cycle. Didn't want to mess myself up right before ROP. I did 5 cycles of swings and jogs (1 more cycle than last time). The 50 swings weren't that bad but my forearms were really hurting at the end. I also did the bonus leg workout from MTV Pilates Mix.

Deanie - I didn't know you had a 45# bell! Great job! Congratulations on getting everything in order for your DS's party. I knew everything would work out for you. I'm sure you will all have a great time.

Jane - I feel like a wimp between you and Deanie only using my 25#. I really need to catch up! I would be sore too after your workout today. Enjoy your rest day. I'm looking forward to ROP but can't wait till it's over to just do my normal workouts again. Newport and Firepower on the same day sounds great. I think I'll be much better at Newport once ROP is over. My endurance has definitely improved.

Andilynn - I'm impressed you do Santa Monica with the ropes. Sounds like you had a great workout. I also have exercise ADD so it's surprising I've stuck with ETK this long but I'm determined to finish (although 3 more months of this sounds like an eternity!) I'm glad to hear you like the Ab Circuits DVD. I cancelled my preorder for it but I plan on getting it. Do you like it better than Core Max? I liked that she included yoga and pilates abs (which I feel works best for me).

Gayle - Good luck with the deadlifts tonight!

Waves hello to all who follow!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.