Kettlebell Check In....Monday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and mom's had a nice mothers day!

Today was Providence:

*same weights as last time (5.4), except used the 30#kb for round 6 with 4 windmill/squats on each side.
*snatch challenge: 3 minutes: 30#kb
*no rests between rounds

practiced deadlifts with 65# barbell. did 4.

forgot to do pullups, may throw them in later today....?

Have a great monday everyone!
I will try to BBL!

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day weekend! :)

I managed to eek out 3 miles during CCv1 on Friday and didn't pass out in a puddle of sweat. I'm happy with that. :)

My weekend schedule ended up kinda weird and I didn't get any workouts in. I don't know what I'll do tonight, maybe some of Providence.

Deanie - Are you working standard deadlifts? Good job with Firepower this weekend.

Andilynn - Great job on your finals AND getting all those workouts in! What classes are you taking this summer?

Missy - Good job on Providence! I've had a number of weeks where life gets in the way of workouts...you just do what you can do and don't sweat it. :)

Jane - Nice workout! Manmakers = evil. ;)

Waves hello to Marcy and wonders how Rhonda's cool vacation is going. :)

Hi Everyone!

I'm have a busy day but wanted to check in anyway. My rest day is today so I'm going to chill when I get home tonight. Yesterday I went swimming for over an hour and boy am I sore today!

Have a great day! :)

Good day ladies! It is a BEAUTIFUL day here today! It is sunny and 66 - still a bit too chilly for me, but it is pretty. :) I can't believe that it is already the end of the school year! Where the heck did this year go???

Lioness, you can swim that long??? Swimming is the only activity that I hate - nay, loathe! I am amazed at anyone who can do laps. I actually like swimming in lakes and the ocean, but can't do it for "formal" exercise... I couldn't figure out why that was until I read an article naming what exercises stimulate certain parts of the brain (it was interesting) and swimming supposedly stimulates the creativity in people, and I am anything but so that explained it for me. ;)

Gayle, thanks for the encouragement. :) I figure as long as I can get 3-4 good workouts in a week I will be okay (at least mentally) and if I don't, I will work harder later to make up for the movie junk food, lol.

Deanie, seems like you may be busy; I hope that you have a great day! :)

Well, this morning I ran on the treadmill: I got 3.2 miles in 30 minutes on a 3% incline, and I feel GOOD! I love running; it felt so good to stretch out my legs again! It has been two weeks since I have put my New Balances on, and boy did I miss them. No matter what I do or get sick of I always return to running, my first love (workout wise that is). After my run I did two cycles of: 1 min reverse crunches w/ med ball, 1 min bicycles, 1 min plank, 1 min rest. I feel great today! And I did do Newport yesterday as is before my husband and kids took me out to Mother's Day b-fast... MacDonald's! It is actually a really funny story, but I don't have time to tell it now; I am just very grateful that I have a family that loves and appreciates me so much!!!

Missy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.