kEtTlEbElL cHeCk In.....mOnDaY

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

.....just getting us started. My boys are off of school today and will be coming with me to my school!:eek:

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

BBL!

Hi again!

Here's my workout for today::::

**warm up
from Providence

**C&P and pulls
25#kb
5 ladders/ 3 rungs/ 30 seconds rest between ladders
1st pullup of 1st three ladders unassisted, all others assisted

**snatch
30#kb
10 minutes
5 full cycles: 10r/10l
1 min rest for one cycle, all other cycles - rest between 30-45 seconds

**tabata
used jump rope

Marcy:::: welcome to week 8 :)

Jane:::: Good job on your race. I hope all is okay with your family!

Waves to Gayle, Farmer and Andilynn!
Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning!

Yesterday was a gardening day for me. I pulled up my tulips and planted snapdragons.

I did rounds 1-5 and 7-11 of Providence. My form is not good for Windmills so I don't do them. I am going to do more this afternoon.

Deanie- Great workout this morning. Have fun with your boys at work. I hope they don't wear you out or get bored.

Jane- Sorry you didn't run as much as you wanted to. Hope everything works out with your situation.

Waves to everyone else. Have a marvelous Monday.

Rhonda

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was Week 8, Day 1 - 5 ladders of Clean & Press (25#) and pullups. I reversed the order a little bit and did the pullups first and the clean and press afterwards. I was hoping to do better with the pullups but didn't do as well as last week (probably because I had a horrible night's sleep last night):

Pullups:

Ladder 1: 1; 2; and 1 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 2: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 3: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 3/4-1 and 1/2
Ladder 4: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 2@3/4
Ladder 5: 1; 1&3/4; and 1 and 3/4 and 1/2

(My rests were a bit longer than Deanie's).

Then I did snatches for 7 minutes (supposed to be 8): I did 2 sets of 10 L&R with 25#. 25# is still tough for me with the snatches.

Over the weekend, I managed to fit it 3 cycles of 50 reps/10 secs. rest with 25# and 3 and 3/4 chinups. I miss doing chins.

Deanie - Great workout over the weekend! 5 ladders/5 rungs is tough. (Not looking forward to it!) Good job on the pullups!

Gayle - Good job on your run! Hope your family is okay.

Andilynn - How are your legs doing after yesterday's Disc 3? Keep trying with the pullups. They're really hard. It took me almost 3 months to do 1 when I was doing P90X. Persistence is the key. Thanks for the review of Ab Circuits. It still sounds like I would like this one. I liked Core Max but I'm glad you say you like it better and I need variety.

Farmer - Good work on Providence! Sorry you won't be joining me in the dancing. IMAX 3 is tougher choreographically than IMAX 2 but since the step portions are shorter and she repeats them 6x, I would say it's easier than Rhythmic Step. Some of the moves from Low Max are in IMAX 3, like the reverse mambo.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Hi everyone!

I spent most of the weekend working in the yard, so didn't get any workouts in.

I'm planning to hit the gym tonight, but have no clue what to do...maybe squats...I haven't done weighted squats in a while.

Farmer - We're doing the full gambit of flowers, veggies and fruit this year. We usually do a vegetable garden, but this year DH and I also ordered fruit trees (apple, plum, and pear), raspberries, and strawberry plants. These are all supposed to ship at the end of April, so it'll be a busy Spring! :eek:

Deanie - Wow! You've done some really tough workouts. Kudos on that 30# snatch. :)

Marcy - Kudos to you too! 7 minutes of snatches at that weight is tough! Good job on the pullups. :)

Jane - Sorry you had to cut your race short. Hope everything is OK.

Andilynn - That's great news that you get to go back to work!! It sounds like you're having fun with STS.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. I may take a rest day today as the weekend as pretty busy. My family's ok. As you may know my dad has dementia and my 2 sisters and I have been taking turns in being there for mom when she needs us. Saturday was one of those days that just didn't turn out the way it should have.

Deanie ~ great workout as usual...30# snatch...WAY TO GO!!!

Farmer ~ Good job on Providence. Someday I will get to work in my yard. Right now it's a little soggy. We got 4 inches of rain on Saturday.

Marcy - Great job with the snatches. I don't do them very often but when I do, I usually use 18# so 25# is awesome!!

Gayle ~ Have fun with your fruit trees. I have an orange tree in the backyard and I was so excited the first time I saw an orange hanging off the tree. We planted raspberries when I was growing up. We got so many berries we were constantly giving pints away.

Waves to hello to everyone else.

Whew , today is a rest day and am I glad! I did the STS #3 disc last nite(legs) and I'm feeling it today! It didn't hit me really good til this afternoon, this was a real burner! In a good way of course! I think I'll gimp into the kitchen and take a little ibupropen, LOL!

Waves to all:)

I did a bit more of Providence this afternoon. I did 200 swings and rounds 2-5. I also did a segment of stretching.

Jane- You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. I have not experienced what you are going through but it must be tough. Hang in there as best you can. You deserve a rest day.

Marcy- Thanks for the heads up on IMAX 3. Rhythmic Step came with my step. I tried to do it and threw it in the garbage after the third try. Good workout today.

Gayle- I am so jealous. It sounds like you have a lot of space to garden. I have a fig tree and I hope to get some blueberry plants. I have lots of herbs and some swiss chard.

Andilynn- Take a hot bath and relax. Maybe you could soak in some Epsom Salts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.