1st pull up of each ladder unassisted, the rest assisted
last ladder of pullups did wide pull ups

**snatch
30# kb
10 each side:
1st round I did 10r/10l/10r/10l, then rested one minute
next 4 rounds I did 10r/10l rested till the top of the minute

**tabata
today I mixed it up and did a tabata with my jump rope!:)

**comments
*good workout
*popped open a new blister on my left hand:mad:. Now I will have to go back to wearing a glove on that hand until its healed! :mad: I popped it during snatches - I may be holding on too tight with my left hand...???

BBL with Personals!:)

back again!

Farmer::: welcome back

Andilynn:::what's on the agenda today?

Jane:::Are you enjoying running your races? Wow a 10k and GS legs! Are you sore today?:)

waves to everyone else. I hope you all had a great weekend!

Happy Monday!

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is a rest day for me.

Deanie ~ tabata with jump ropes sounds like fun. Yep, I'm having fun with races. I'm a little nervous for Saturday as it is a 10K. I heard the course is very hilly. I was going to back out and do the 5K instead but I think I'm going to go for it. I met this 72 year old man on Saturday. He did a 5K on Saturday morning, a 5K on Saturday afternoon and a 5K on Sunday morning. This guy kicks my butt in every race. He is amazing!!!

Sore? Heck yes!! I haven't done a fully dedicated leg workout in months. Luckily I only did the 30 minute premix. I'm sore in a good way, though!!

Waves hello to Gayle, Andilynn, Farmer and Marcy,

Have a fantastic Monday!

HI everyone!

Deanie - Another nice workout! I'm also having trouble with callouses from the barbell. I ended up getting some sports tape and taping them up. It works okay for barbell stuff, but I'm not sure the tape will hold up to KB stuff.

Jane - I'm sore from reading about your weekend! :D Good job on the race. I like the workout your sister made up.

Farmer - Don't feel bad, my weekend workout plans didn't come together either.

Waves hello to Andilynn, Marcy and Vilma.

I'm intrigued by STS Cardio, especially the boxing piece, but really can't justify spending the cash on it now.

Tonight I'm planning to do the CrossFit.com workout from Saturday:

• 21 deadlifts
  • 800M run
  • 15 deadlifts
  • 800M run
  • 9 deadlifts
  • 800M run
The rx'd mens weight is 225lbs, which is generally scaled to 155lbs for women, so I'm going to give that weight a try. I brought my jumprope with me in case there's no treadmill free at the gym. That should be an equally painful substitution. ;)

How can it be Monday already! The days are just flying by for some reason! I pulled out Lo Max last nite, it's been awhile since I did this and I'm going to have to throw it back in the mix a little more, I forgot how much fun it is! Tonite will be kettlebells and I'm going to try incoporating the ropes into one of the other workouts again, it really made the time fly.

Deanie-great workouts, sorry about your blister(Ouch!) hope it heals up quickly. I have a confession......I always wear my gloves to avoid blisters(what a wimp huh?!) it doesn't seem to affect my swing so I'll probably keep using them.

Gayle-today's workout sounds tough, have fun!

Jane-Enjoy your rest day!

Waves to all!:)

I started Week 7 today. 5 ladders, 3 rungs of Clean & Press (25#) and

Pullups:

Ladder 1: 1; 2; and 1, 3/4-1 and 3/4
Ladder 2: 1; 1&3/4; and 1, 3/4-1 and 1/2
Ladder 3: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1, 3/4-1 and 3/4
Ladder 4: 1, 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 2@3/4
Ladder 5: 3/4-1; 3/4-1 and 3/4; and 3/4 and 2@1/2

Then I had 6 minutes of snatches. I did 2 cycles of 10 on right and left. On the second set, my L arm gave out on the 7th rep so I went to do the right side and went back and did 3 more on the left again.

Then I did the Powerups section from Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 3 although I modified a bit and the stretch.

I will be glad to do all of Providence tomorrow although do find it a bid odd that he does a full strength workout after all the upper body work today. I will probably skip the snatches tomorrow but I'll see how I feel.

I see week 8 really takes it up a notch when we do 4 and 5 rungs on the ladder. I won't have problems with the C&Ps but I know I'm not going to be doing 4 and 5 pullups. Maybe I'll do negatives.

I really do want the new STS Cardio workouts but don't know if I can justify the cost right now either. I do like that they're shorter cardio workouts which is what I need. I have to think about this one although the price does seem reasonable for the amount of workouts we get.

Deanie - Great workout! Sorry about your blister. I pretty much always wear gloves otherwise I'd have really bad blisters.

Andilynn - Looks like you're really enjoying your ropes! I wish I had the room for them.

Waves hello to Farmer, Vilma and Gayle!

Marcy

Good afternoon!

....just got back from Target- I bought gloves!!:) They are fitness gloves and pretty light weight, so I am hoping they will help!!

About STS cardio.... I really only want the MMA dvd and the one that looks like it may be like bootcamp. I preordered in case the preorder is a better value than just getting the 2 workouts I want. If not, I am going to cancel my preorder and just get the dvds I want. ...hope that all makes sense!!LOL

Jane:::enjoy your rest day - its always nice to be sore, in a good way;):confused:

Gayle::: your workout today looks perfect for spicing up your deadlift program!

Andilynn::: I agree, low max is fun! I also always forget about it, but when I do it I always enjoy it and think I should do it more often. Have fun with ropes and kettlebells today.

Marcy::: great workout, sorry about the snatches. You will do fine next week, I am sure! you may even surprise yourself and do 4 pullups!!:eek:

Have a great evening gals!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.