Kettlebell Check In.....1.21...Wednesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Off to do Firepower! Still not sure if I am going to do one alarm or three, although I am running out of time:eek: couldn't get out of bed this morning!!

BBL to report- hope I can type then!!;)
Have a good day!

Hi again

I got thru Firepower!! I did the one alarm, which was perfect.

round 1: Turkish get up-
followed Anthony, used 25#kb
round 2: alternate clean and press, double row: kept up used 20#kb
round 3: super burpee- used 25#, figure 8 to a hold - dropped to 20#, super plank- kept up!!:D this round started to do me in though!!
round 4: alter. double clean- started...did 3 each side and then my body said- no way anymore were happening!!!:eek::mad: suitcase dead lift- used 25#, alternate chest press and russian twist used 20#
round 5: (thank goodness;)) hi-pull/snatch- used 25#, seesaw press - used 20#, figure 8/lunge- used 20#- I really liked this one!, renegade row -used my two 20#kb- did the whole thing except for the last 10 seconds:D, squat/triple crush- used 25# but can't get as far down as he does, so I was a little frustrated.
snatch test::: did 3.5 minutes with my 25#bell. I am happy with that since the workout really did me in!!LOL

I got my wall mount pull up bar yesterday, but DH doesn't have the right drill bit to put it up:( now I have to wait till the weekend for him to borrow from my friends DH! I was really looking forward to doing my pullups on a "real" bar tomorrow!

Marcy~ I hope you are feeling better today. Did you do Santa Monica or yoga?

Vilma~ Where are you? Miss you!

Gayle~ looking forward to seeing your fun;) workout of the day! How's the renovations going?

waves to all the other kettlebellers!!!!
Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good morning!

Deanie - Great job on Firepower! I'm impressed with your 25# TGU's. I really need to get this DVD. :p What exactly is the pull-up plan you're working on?

I also really struggled with the Sotts press on Newport the first time. The second time, I did some extra shoulder and hip flexibility stuff beforehand and it helped tremendously. I only got 3 or 4 on each side, but I was able to get low in the squat.

The reno is progressing. Drywall Dude finished the bedroom yesterday, so it's ready to prime and paint. We blasted a hole through to the new kitchen, but probably won't do anything in there for another month or so. We're trying to complete this without taking out any loans, so it's a bit-by-bit project.

I'm not 100% sure about tonight, but was thinking of something like this:

"Lucky Sevens" - ala NJ CrossFit

• Kettlebell swings 7r/7l
  • Burpees 7
  • Kettlebell snatches 7r/7l
  • Mountain climbers 7r/7l
  • Kettlebell cleans 7r/7l
  • 1 kettlebell racked thruster 7r/7l
  • Walkouts 7
Go through this circuit style, do 7 rounds as fast as possible, use one kettlebell for the entire workout.

Then, rounds 4 and 8 from Newport...as a character building exercise. ;)

Waves hello to Marcy, Pascal, Andilynn, Jane, Vilma (how are you?), and everyone who posts later!!

Good morning!

This morning was Providence, I was really happy to do most of the rounds with my 20# kettlebell , on the snatch at the end I had to drop down to my 15# to finish the whole 3 minutes.

Deanie, Wow! 25# for the snatch test that's greatI hope I'll get there eventually. I decided to go ahead and order firepower today, I can't wait til tax time!

"Waves" to Marcy, Gayle, Vilma , Jane , Pascal and to all who follow.

Good Afternoon!

Since I was too sore, I wound up doing yoga this morning. I just got Mark Blanchard's new series and had to try it out. I did The Flow - 90 mins. I did a forearm stand for the first time. My arm is much better from yesterday. I can definitely see some good definition in my arms since working with kettlebells.

I did the pullup challenge. My five sets were:

Set 1 - 2
Set 2 - 1
Set 3- 1
Set 4 - 1 3/4
Set 5 - 1

Deanie - Great job on Firepower! I'll do Santa Monica with you on Friday. I'm also impressed with your 25# TGU. The alternating double clean was where I fell apart in Firepower. Sorry to hear you couldn't get your pullup bar up.

Gayle - Thanks for posting all the great Cross Fit workouts. The pullup plan is from www.twentypullups.com. Good luck with your renovation!

Andilynn - Congratulations on getting Firepower. I know you won't be disappointed.

Marcy

Good Afternoon

DH just left for home depot!:) he is just going to get the drill bit, so he can put up the bar for me today or tomorrow!!! Gotta luv him!

Gayle~ Okay, another workout I copied and put in my files;) I liked your workout today! I think getting low in the squat is key for the Sotts press. I'm glad your reno is going well! I painted in my house (a few rooms more than once) and really enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy the wall paper striping though!! Do you want to do the pullup challenge with us?

Andilynne~ You will love Firepower!! WTG with Providence. For me, I set a goal (finishing the snatches or doing a set time with a heavier bell) and try to meet it. So its great you finished the whole time for the snatches in Providence!

Marcy~ I'm glad your arm is feeling better. Looking forward to doing Santa Monica with you on Fri. I am not going to do the rope work this week. I would like to try it next week though. I'm not sure I could get thru the whole workout the first time if I do the ropes! Good Job on the pullups... did you not do any negatives???? thats great!:)

Waves to everyone else!!

Deanie - Your DH is so nice! I hope he gets your bar up quickly. I think yoga would help with the squats. I just did Garland pose in my practice today and I squatted to the floor. My DH will probably be painting my workout room soon. I might go with a light purple (purple's my favorite color) or a light green. I will eventually get mirrors. The only thing is he has to strip the wallpaper border (Atlanta Braves). I may live here now but I'm still a Yankee fan (not that I would put up a Yankee border!) I think I'm going to do one more day of yoga and maybe a little cardio tomorrow. Are you still doing yoga once a week?

Marcy

Hey Marcy~ Wow, can't believe you squatted to the floor today! :)Wish I could...no, I haven't been doing yoga lately. There are so many fun kb routines I want to try, I've been doing them on my non strength days (cardio based kb). Tomorrow I plan on just 20 min of HIIT on the treadmill and the 4 min. tabata on the ropes. I will be up late watching LOST tonight:D. I'm hoping I can get up in the morning. Lately, there just doesn't seem to be enough time to get everything in that I want. During ETK there should be time for stretching/yoga though, since its a more structured program than what I'm doing now. I like the idea of purple or green for your workout room. Very calming colors. Aren't DH's great!;) Yours is like mine, helps me with stuff in the workout room, but doesn't wrokout there himself!!**ha ha**

Its 4:30pm and I am already feeling the effects of Firepower in my hamstrings:eek:

Are you reading up at AOS forums on ETK? I've been reading up and studying, getting ready for it!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.