kettlebell check in ~ * ~ * Wednesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today was week 9 day 3 of ETK....workout complete, good and uneventful! :)
I am pretty proud of myself, this is the longest I've stuck with a program. I am usually good for sticking to a rotation for about 4 weeks, then I like to change it up. With P90X I only stayed with it for 8 weeks. I think the constant challenge and subtle changes are keeping ETK interesting, though I am already starting to think about what I am going to do after its over! My birthday is coming up and i want to order a few new workouts: I definitely want Resolution and the Diva workout, and I am still on the fence about the Kettlebell Goddess workout. Also, I am thinking about getting the manilla rope jumprope (but I wouldn't order from AOS, to expensive, I would get it from ebay)

Gayle::: I like your big 5 workout! Did you end up doing the keith weber dvd?

Rhonda::: Great job on meeting your workout goal last month:)

Marcy::: How'd the 5 ladders/ 4 rungs go today?

Jane:::: what did you end up doing yesterday?

waves to Andilynn!!

have a great day everyone!

Good morning!

Deanie - Great job in sticking with ETK. Based on the what you're doing with snatches and TGUs, I'd say you made some terrific progress.

Marcy - Those Cossack stretches are really tough for me. I've resigned myself to doing them without weight until I can feel stable doing them. I can't get low at all.

Waves hello to Jane, Andilynn, and Rhonda. :)

Last night I did:

Warm up
Flow drill with 8kg

From the Keith Weber DVD
Upper Body round
Swing round
Slingshots round

Then I did a few sets of overhead squats for practice.

I love the flow drill as a warm up. It's the perfect length of time. But I really need to up the weight and try it as a harder workout...maybe do multiple rounds of it.

Today is a rest day. :)

Have a good day everyone! :)

Good Afternoon!

Today was 5 ladders, 4 rungs. Tough, but doable. I started out doing pulls but then finished with doing chinups. C&Ps were no problem. I wish I could afford a 30# bell right now but it's not a good time especially since I put in my preorder for STS Cardio (invoice #2140). I wonder how many orders she got for STS Strength.

Ladder 1: 1; 2; 2&3/4-1; and 2@3/4-1 and 1/2 (all pullups)
Ladder 2: 1; 1&3/4-1; 1 and 2@3/4-1; 2 chins and 1 chin @3/4-1 and 1@3/4
Ladder 3: 3/4-1 (pull); the rest are chins: 2&3/4-1; 2 and 3/4-1 and 3/4
Ladder 4: (all chins): 1; 1&3/4-1; 1, 3/4-1 and 3/4; and 1, 3/4-1, 3/4 & 1/2
Ladder 5: (all chins): 1; 2; 1 and 2@3/4-1; I forgot to note down my last 4 but I know I did them. (Honest!)

Swings: 50 reps/rest for less than 20 seconds - 8 minutes
I wound up doing 4 cycles of 50 reps/20 seconds - ended at 7 minutes.

I can't believe I still have 4 weeks to go! I will finish but I'll be glad to be done.

Deanie - I'm proud of you for sticking with the program. It's not easy. This could have gotten real boring if things didn't change a little each week. I'm glad we got to put in a little of our own variety to make things interesting. I also think you made great progress with your strength and your pullups. I'm trying to negotiate a trade for Kettlebell Goddess. I'll let you know if things work out.

Gayle - Great workout!

Waves to Andilynn, Rhonda and Jane!

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did Drill Max. I don't remember when I actually did the whole workout. I usually only do the cardio premixes. It was fun to do all the way through. I did substitute swings for cardio drill #5.

Tonight I am suppose to go running but it's raining (again) so I'll have to see how the weather shapes up for the rest of the day. Right now it's clear on the radar but you never know.

Deanie ~ Congratulations on staying with the program. I can workout consistently but I always need to change things up.

Gayle ~ I love the slingshot round on Keith Weber's dvd.

Waves hello to Marcy, Andilynn, and Rhonda

Greetings!

This morning I did rounds 1-5, 4,5, and 7-9 of Providence. I will try to get some more work done before class tonight. I am definitely ordering Keith Webber. I will sell some of my Cathe's to make up for it.

Deanie- Great job on working out today and sticking to the rotation. When is your birthday?

Jane- You always have great suggestions for subsitutions. Hope you don't get rained on tonight.

Marcy- I can't tell you how long it took me to learn how to do a reverse mambo and a reverse v-step. I am just getting the sweep down. What are you going to do once you finish ETK?

Gayle- Thanks for the info and have a good rest day.

My coworker and I are going to start the 100 pushup challenge on Monday. We should be finished right before school starts.

Hi Andilynn. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Farmer - Good work on Providence and congratulations on getting Keith Webber! I hear he's really tough. Once I finish ETK, I plan on doing a barre rotation with cardio (dance, kickboxing, step) and yoga. My cardio has been sorely lacking with the ETK rotation. Good luck with the pushup challenge!

Marcy

Farmer - Good work on Providence and congratulations on getting Keith Webber! I hear he's really tough. Once I finish ETK, I plan on doing a barre rotation with cardio (dance, kickboxing, step) and yoga. My cardio has been sorely lacking with the ETK rotation. Good luck with the pushup challenge!

Marcy

Thanks. We may do burpees instead. The point is to get moving and stay moving.

Hi everybody! Well, I'm back to normal, busyyyyy! Between work, school and working not to mention cleaning the house I don't have spare minute! Tuesday nite I did Newport and I could tell I was back to work,after packing truck winshields all day I really had to back off the weight a little, I forgot what it was like after being off for 3 months! Tonite I did the cardio premix from LIS , fun of course but I was ready to stretch at the end! Now I'm headed off to get a little shuteye!

Hope everybody has a great Thursday!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.