kettlebell check in ~*~*~ Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Off to do 4DS kickbox cardio only in a minute....
Two hour delay opening of schools today, so I got to sleep in a little:) My nursery school will open an hour late, so I only work 1.5 hours today:):)

Waves to everyone!!!

Have a great day!

Deanie sleeping in is always a nice plus.

It's technically a rest day for me here but I'm going to try to incorporate some swings, snatches and TGUs today as long as the husband doesn't have plans for us to go out. Thursdays are usually hard for me to get anything done as its his only real day off.

Have a lovely Thursday everyone!

picture.php

Hi Everyone~

Yesterday I completed my 200 swings. I can't believe the month is almost over and that I'm still swingin'!! I also did a workout with 28 different exercises (a total of 406 reps) that I made up for a February challenge that I doing with some friends.

Today is the day that I visit my parents after work so I usually get home too late to do anything else.

Waves hi to everyone else!

HI again

Okay, I went down to the basement to workout, and was really unmotivated to do 4DS kickbox:eek: -- that is very unlike me, since that kickbox is my #1 favorite workout!!! So I ended up doing 100 swings with my 35#kb, broken into 20 swings at a time. Then I did TGUs- 4 on each side (one with my 30#kb and the rest with my 25#), and then I did my pullups today: 1 regular, 1 that was barely there- mostly a 3/4 pullup and then 3 negatives. I can't wait for the band to come!

I had planned to do ETK swings with my 35#kb, but it was hard! I may do it the first day, and then see. I may have to use my 30#er. Intervals of 20 swings with 35# was hard, I can only imagine when I am doing intervals of 50 swings with 35#:eek::eek::eek:

Vilma~ enjoy what ever you do today:)

Marcy~ I 'm glad you're doing Santa Monica tomorrow with me:)

Jane~ Have a nice visit with your parents:)

Waves to everyone else:)

Good morning!

I ended up with half a snow day yesterday...we closed up shop at 1:00PM. So I went home and shoveled and then did an hour of P90X YogaX.

Not sure what I'll do tonight...think I'll peruse Mtn Athlete and Gym Jones for some ideas.

Jane - What's the challenge that you're doing?

Deanie - I'm still in awe of the weight you're using for TGUs. :eek:

Vilma - Have a great day!

Hello to Marcy, Andilynn, Pascal an anyone else who joins in. :)

Another day in the winter wonderland! Rest day today so I'll hang around finish my taxes and work on my term paper.
Yesterday I ended up choosing Imax 3 for my cardio and like always when I go back to a workout I have not done in awhile I'm reaaly impressed that I have gotten so much stronger in my endurance since starting kettlebells, STS is supposed to come today but I think I'll put it of for awhile . I can't stand being without my kettlebells! I keep trying to convince my DH to try them but no dice yet!

Hi to all! Have a nice day!

Good Afternoon All!

I did CIA 2803 Tap Less Sweat More today. I did the warmup, combos 1, 2 and part of 3 and the cooldown. This one's really complex. I liked it. Did better than last time but it's still quite a challenge.

Wanted to do Mark Blanchard's Core but the DVD got stuck in the player and I couldn't get it out. DH had to take the whole thing apart, finally got it out and then tried it again with no luck. Now I have to try and get a replacement DVD. I don't know what happened. It worked fine on Tuesday.

Jane - Have you seen results with all your swings this month?

Gayle - Please post any new workout finds.

Andilynn - Good luck convincing DH to try STS. I never have any luck convincing DH to do any kind of workout although he occasionally picks up some dumbbells to do some curls. Nice to see your endurance improved from KBs. I don't know if I can say the same thing but I still enjoy KBs.

Deanie - Nice work on the 35# swings! I can't imagine doing intervals with them. Did you do your pullups before or after your workout today?

Vilma - Hope you get to workout today.

Waves to Pascal!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Gayle - This is the challenge that I've come up with. I'm calling it the 28 Days of February or the Partridge in the Pear tree kb Challenge! I found in on Crossfit but it was a one day workout for the 12 days of Christmas. I'm changing it for the whole month. Most of us, want to do other workouts so this one shouldn't take too long. I did the whole thing yesterday and it took about 30 minutes.

Each day you will have an exercise to do. The number of reps equals the date. Each day you will have to do a new exercise as well as the exercise of the previous day so on the last day of the month you will have to do all the exercises for the whole month. We will also be doing swings or jump rope. We will start out with 200 swings/jump rope but they will decrease as the challenge gets harder.

For example:
Day 1 – 1 burpee and 200 kb swings
Day 2 – 2 pushups, 1 burpee and 200 kb swings
Day 3 – 3 Turkish get ups, 2 push ups, 1 burpee and 200 kb swings
And so on…

Marcy - I have seen some really good results with the swings this month. I see the biggest difference in my abs, arms and shoulders. For fun, I did a 1 minute test of push ups, sit ups and jump rope and will do it again after the challenge to see if there is any difference.

Jane - Glad to see you got good results with the swings. Great looking challenge for next month. I can't wait to see what the last day looks like! Hope you make it through!

Marcy

oooooh Jane~ I like your workout for the month of February!!!:cool:

Marcy~ When you get your workbook from AOS you'll see what I'm talking about. You'll be doing swings as interval work also:eek: each week your swings increase, till week 4 when you'll be doing intervals of 50 swings with active rests in between:eek::eek:

Love the challenge you have planned, Jane! I can't wait to see what day 28 looks like. ;)

Good workouts Marcy and Andilynn!

I'm going skiing tomorrow and don't want to fry my legs tonight, so this evening, after completing the ShovelMax II warm-up, I will attempt:

Donkey Kong
Courtesy of CrossFit.com http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_OCFADonkeyKong.wmv

Sets of 21-15-9 for time
Burpees
Kettlebell Swing - heavy
Box Jump – 20”
* Run up and down one flight of stairs between each exercise

Then I want to do a bunch of sandbag get ups...I really like these...and my pull up challenge.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.