Run. Fast.
Buy-in

03 WOD
  • Jog 800m
  • Rest until your breathing returns to normal
  • Run 400m like you’re being chased by a man-eating tiger
  • Rest until your breathing returns to normal
  • Jog 400m

This is MAX EFFORT 400m run. Go fast. Time it.

Cash out

• Accumulate 2:00 of static plank hold

Record 400m time and plank holds.

** comments
*ran on the treadmill:
800M - 4.0 jog - 7:88
400M - run like a tiger is after you! - 9.0 till .21, then 8.0 till .25 - 1:46
400M - 4.6 jog - 3:20
* held straight arm plank 2 full minutes

Gayle::: enjoy your rest week

Jane:::hope your rest day was relaxing!

Marcy::: great workouts this weekend! so what are you doing today?

Rhonda::: hope you are feeling better. my allergies are bad this time of year also!

waves to Andilynn!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Good Morning,

I enjoyed my rest day yesterday but I'm ready to get back into it today.

This is the workout I'm doing. It's from a CF affiliate but I can't remember which one.

Number's Up
2 Rounds

50 Ball Slams
40 Weighted Sit ups
30 Swings
20 Renegade Rows
10 KB Double- Armed Thrusters

Deanie ~ Great workout. I copied it for future use. It looks like a great track workout.

Rhonda ~ My allergies are bad too. I never had any problems with allergies until I moved to South Georgia. There is always something blooming. This time of the year is the worst. I do find working out makes me feel better if only for a little while.

Waves hello to Gayle, Marcy and Andilynn

Hi everyone, I'm just sitting here kicking back and watchong the rain, sounds like it's going to be a rainy week! Hope the sun comes out Saturday! My flowers are really looking nice though so the rain is a good thing! I did STS disc 10 this morning, I wish those darn pushups would get easier!!!!!!

Deanie-Great workout! I afraid if I was running from a tiger he might catch me though, I'm not so fast:)

Jane- What is a ball slam? That's one I've never heard of.....

Waves to all!

Jane- What is a ball slam? That's one I've never heard of.....

Waves to all!

Andilynn~

Here's a link to the med ball slams. Note: the first 2 people in this clip are doing the exercise with bad form. The girl in the blue shirt is doing it right.

Basically you slam a med ball into the ground and then squat to pick it up. It looks like nothing but it's good cardio and I feel it in my inner thighs the next day. Don't use a med ball that bounces. My friend did and it bounced back and hit her in the adam's apple. Yikes!! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZR8BnI5KyA

That looks like a good one, my med ball is not very bouncy so I think it would be good for this although I need to purchase a heavier one. You're right about form too, the girl in the blue shirt is doing it in a way that I say looks correct but some of the other people hmmmmm I'm not so sure about them! :)

Good Afternoon!

Today I did Newport (well, part of it).

Used first round as a warmup. Cossack Stretches - only used 20#. Did squat thrusts but no shoulder presses. Did all bicycles.

Squat and press with 1 arm swing - 25#. Only did 1 set each side. Did all double leg raises.

Double arm swing and hot potato - 25# but used 20# on last 2 rounds for hot potato. Did all twisting crunches.

Plank Matrix and Single Leg Raise.

Hand-to-hand cleans and dragon lunges - did all. Russian twist and bicycles - 20# - didn't do last 20 seconds.

Tried to do extra round of snatch/TGU and windmill but I felt like I was about to drop the kettlebell and only did 1 to each side.

Ended with HSC stretch.

Deanie - Good job on the 2 min. plank! I think I've only gone for a minute. I'll have to try that. What's a Tucker figure four single leg squat?

Jane - Great workout! It's funny. My allergies are actually better down here in the South than in NY. I take allergy shots but I also took them in NY.

Andilynn - I'm glad your flowers are looking nice. Ours got destroyed by the hail storm last week.

I'm happy to report we have a new addition to the family: Max. He's a 2 year old male, red sable Pomeranian and is as cute as can be:

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...74b07b&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=0.2&zw

Waves to Rhonda!

Marcy

Hi everyone! I took another rest day today.

Deanie - Cool workout! I saw that yesterday and was tempted to try it...next week, maybe. :)

Jane - I like that workout. I'll tuck that one away for a nice day when I can do the ball slams outside. :)

Andilynn - How are you liking STS?

Marcy - Congrats on your new addition!! I couldn't open your link, but I bet Max is a cutie. Good job with Newport!

Hi Rhonda!

I didn't workout today. If I finish baking DH's b'day cake in time, I will go hang with Cathe.

Deanie- Nice workout this morning. Stay away from the tigers. If you run into a Lioness, she is probably friendly :).

Marcy- Congrats on the new addition.

Jane- Great workout as usual.

Andilynn- Keep up with STS. The pushups will get easier. Think about how far you have come from when you first started exercising.

Gayle- Enjoy your plantings.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.