Kettlebeling on a Monday

Farmer

Cathlete
Hi everyone. Hope you had a great weekend and are well rested. I did okay on the shop. I didn't over indulge but it was no where near clean ;). This weekend I was really stressed about about some things going on so I couldn't motivate myself/didn't have the energy to exercise.

I tried to do Providence this morning but my form was terrible and I still had no energy. If my dentist appointment goes well, I will try again this evening.

Waves to everyone-will check back later.

Rhonda

Hey Rhonda,
we were posting at the same time this morning!:)
Here is my post:

Good Morning

Today is day 1 of my 2 weeks of Spring Break!!! Yahoo!!!:):):D
I slept late and had a great workout - week 10 day 1 of etk ....moving right along with etk and happy with my progress.

**warm up
wall squats/ halos/ pumps
2 cycles

**c&p and pull ups
5 ladders/ 3 rungs/ no rest between ladders:eek::)
25#kb
1st pullup each ladder unassisted, the rest assisted

**snatch
20#kb
9.5 minutes straight, no rest
10 cycles : one cycle = 10l/10r

**tabata
jump rope

**comments
* I did the c&p and pull ups straight thru with no rests since the boys were awake and I needed to get thru the workout. took approx. 15 min.
*I really feel I could use the 30#kb for the c&p when doing 5 ladders/ 3 rungs, but don't know if I could do it when doing more rungs.....may try next week?
*blister 95% healed, wanted to do snatches and not mess up blister so I used a lighter weight. I'm figuring with the no rest I still got a good workout in for endurance. It was fun and not hard at all, next time I will use my 25# and try to go straight thru!!:eek:

Thank you gals for the birthday wishes the other day. My birthday was yesterday and my DH was so sweet, took me for a shopping spree at Ann Taylor Loft (got jeans and 2 tops) and the movies and dinner (all with the kids, a wonderful family day) and then I ordered the 1.5" manilla ropes from ebay:D and the diva workout from AOS. I may order resolution today, not sure.... Still on the fence about the Goddess workout, the lack of music isn't so bad for me, but still not 100% sold, and its between that and the resolution workout in AOS.

The ropes I got from ebay were $25.44 including shipping and the same rope on AOS was $49.99 not including shipping!!! I love a bargain!!:p:)

I hope everyone had a great weekend! and Happy Monday!

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Deanie, it sounds like you had a GREAT birthday!!

Yesterday I did a 6 mile run and today will be a rest day!

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Hi everyone!

Happy belated Birthday, Deanie!

Farmer - Hope you feel better.

Jane - Enjoy your rest day.

Waves hello to Marcy and Andilynn.

Squats are on tap for tonight, with maybe a little CrossFit-something on the side.

Have a good day. :)

Good Afternoon!

I had a pretty good workout today which was Week 9, Day 1. 5 ladders, 3 rungs. After watching an Art of Strength video (I forget which #), I really concentrated on my form to keep my shoulders down during C&Ps. I did pullups for the first 3 ladders and chinups for the last two (this was a personal best for me so far):

Ladder 1: Pulls - 1; 2; 3
Ladder 2: Pulls - 1; 1& 3/4-1; and 2 & 3/4-1
Ladder 3: Pulls - 1; 1& 3/4-1; and 1 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 4: Chins - 1; 2; and 2 and 3/4-1
Ladder 5: Chins - 1; 2; 3

Snatches - 10 reps R and L with 1 min. rests for 10 minutes. Did 4 cycles with 25# - most snatches ever so far. Right side is definitely stronger than left side - not strong enough to go to 30# but just easier than the L side.

Then I did the warmup from Kick Max, blasts 1-7 and stretch. Did first 2 blasts straight through;
3rd blast - jump rope with zig zag ski jumps - marched during active rests;
4th blast - punches - marched during active rest
5th blast - did all airborne jacks and tuck jumps and marched during active rest;
6th blast - Did all plie jacks but marched through active rest
7th blast - did all sequential kicks.

Deanie - Sounds like you had a great birthday! What movie did you see? I could probably use a 30# kb for clean and press too but I just can't buy it right now. Great job with no rests during the snatches! Definitely a great endurance workout. Great bargain hunting! I hope you enjoy your presents and Spring Break!

Farmer - I hope your dentist appointment goes well and you're able to do Providence tonight.

Gayle - Great job on the flips - no drops! I'm still not ready to try the flips yet. I don't want to wind up with a hole through my living room ceiling!

Jane - Great workout over the weekend! You certainly pack a lot into one workout.

Waves to Andilynn!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.