KeTtLbElL HuMpDaY

I am SO PUMPED!!!

I just did the full AOS Providence workout including the bonus 3-minute snatch at the end for a total of 59 minutes. During the 1 minute breaks I was using the TRX for squats and stretching. But what I'm excited over is I was swinging with my 12k and it was amazing! I still used my 4k for my right side only, but the 8k for all the upper body work.

The part that has me baffled is the info from my heart rate monitor. Its a Polar RS400, which is rated on the advanced side at Polar.com so I'm inclined to trust the science behind it. I've never used one before, so its an eye-opener, I only burned 212 calories for this workout. When I do Insanity, I'm burning about 325, even though it is for 30 minutes when you take out the stretches. Perhaps the reason why its hard to lose fat is I've over-estimated my calories burned from these workouts. I've been lifting weights since 18 and into different sports my entire life, so I know I'm conditioned heart-wise, and maybe I'm uber-efficent there. But geesh...212 calories... :confused:

We have 2 kettlebell threads today. I'm posting on both! :)

Hi All,

I'm here...just scattered today. I did not workout yesterday. I was tired and didn't feel good. I'm going running tonight though even though it's cold and windy. :confused::confused::confused:

Nita ~ Way to go on Providence!!! I can't help you out on the calorie burn though. I don't have a heart rate monitor.

Hi Melissa and Marcy!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.