Karie's 3 month committment

kariev

Cathlete
Alright, i'm starting my own checkin so i can actually committ to a rotation (3 month STS) and see what happens. I have NEVER been able to committ to a rotation. Basically i do one thing one week then think something else is better and switch the following week etc. I'm tired of the lack of focus and committment in my training so i've deicided to do the 3 month rotation. Last week i started with week 1 of meso 1 so today startes week 2. If anyone has exercise ADD and wishes to join me on this challenge please do. I will be checking in daily and performing 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio. I'm definately afraid of bulking up on this program but i'm just going to suck it up.

Thanks:) So i haven't taken my 1RM's yet but i hope to this weekend. Today i did M1W2 chest, shoulders and biceps. I really upped my weight since the last time i did this workout and at the last 2 reps of most of the exercises i reached total muscle failure. This was the hardest i have pushed myself. I can hardly type right now. Diet has been good thus far today.

Hi Karie, I'm popping in too - to give you encouragement. I found this quote today, and thought it applicable to all of us who struggle with sticking to a plan.

"Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success." Napoleon Hill.

Congrats on getting M1W2 chest/shoulders/bi's done! You just might miss the push ups when you get to M2! LOL. Don't worry you will not bulk up. I have lost 2 inches off of each thigh and two inches off of my hips since I started STS and I am only midway through.

Two tips for today: One, take baby steps - don't radically change everything in your life all in one day and hope for a quick outcome. Little steps at a time will get you to your goal.

Second tip - stop reading all the different new diet approaches and plans. It will only distract you. Stick with BFFM or Eat clean or buy a cook book like Muscle Chow if you need ideas, but stop reading all the contradictory new diet plans - you'll just spin yourself in circles. :)

Good luck!:D

today was a cardio only day. I did 45 minutes on my elliptical keeping my HR at 160 the whole time. I did the first 15 minutes forward, then 15 minutes backward, and finally the last 15 minutes forward again. I then did STS yoga abs workout. It was a great workout.
Tomorrow is M1W2 legs

alright, today i suffered through M1W2 legs. it was INTENSE!!! I really pushed myself hard and i know i'm going to have a hard time sitting on the toilet tomorrow. LOL! In the beginning i wasn't really in the mood but as the workout continued i got into it. If i keep telling myself its only 1hr of working out per day it makes me push harder b/c i can do anything for one hour. I'm exhausted from that workout. Tomorrow will be cardio. I just got the sample workout of the new insanity workout from BB but i'm not sure i'm going to torture myself with that one. It look super intense!

today was a good cardio day. Did cardio coach volume 5 (one of my favorites) my level 4 exertion was an incline of 12% while sprinting at 8mph (my new personal best) I also did abs from the 4DS. Great workout overall. Feel great!

Karie,

I just wanted to pop and say hi and wish you much success. You're doing great! Keep up the good work!!!

today was a good cardio day. Did cardio coach volume 5 (one of my favorites) my level 4 exertion was an incline of 12% while sprinting at 8mph (my new personal best) I also did abs from the 4DS. Great workout overall. Feel great!

Holy Crap! WAY TO GO! Aren't endorphins great - it's what keeps me coming back for more! (BTW, I like CCv5 too.)

Saw this quote by Margaret Thatcher - "Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing;
it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it."

You've done it.:)

Karie, just wanted to give you some encouragement. I have the same ADD and am going to try to stick with a rotation for 4 weeks so I'll try to check in here to keep myself motivated.

I know you can do it. Take it one day at a time and hang in there. It sounds like you are doing very well! From what I've heard, I don't think you will bulk up from STS. Don't worry, push yourself and you'll see results!

I like your idea of a personal check in. When I hung out on the beach body boards a few years back, a lot of people had those. It's fun to see people's success and watch people motivate one another!

Have a great WO today!

angie

angie: your always welcome to come here and check in to stay motivated.

Janise: what a great quote and its sooooo true!

Thanks to the rest of you ladies for the support. Today wrapped up the week for me (tomorrow is my deserved rest day!) I did M1W2 back and triceps. I trained to failure in my 15 reps for sure! I'm sure i will be sore tomorrow which always makes me feel like i've pushed myself to the limit. Hope you all have a nice weekend:)

Damn! Made it 2 weeks and today i altered my program. LOL! Over the years i have learned that my body does best with more cardio. However, it is hard to get in more than 3 days per week when your doing hour long weight lifting sessions for 3 days out of the week. After a full STS workout, i don't have the energy to do ANY cardio. So i have decided to cut each STS workout in half making with about 30 minutes in length that way i have time to do a 45 minute cardio session and i'm done in an hour and 15 min. Also, i've learned that even though most people recommend doing cardio after weights, i do better doing my cardio first. I find that it really energizes me and warms me up. If i keep it after weights, i'm just too tired to do it. So today i did 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and then the first 15 exercises of M1W3 chest, shoulders, and biceps which came out to about 30 mintues in length. I'm not going to be so hard on myself for not following a rotation through 100% b/c its not necessary. At least i'm getting in workouts consistantly 5-6 days per week. Tomorrow is a pure cardio day, most likely a cardio coach and some abs.

Ok, so i'm pissed that i skipped out on this rotation again so i'm back. I falter that much; just the half workout from M1W3 of chest shoulders and biceps that i did on monday. Yesterday was ccardio so i did a 45 min run on the treadmill as follows:
forward run: 6mph @4% incline for 5 minutes
left lateral run: 4mph @4% incline for 5 min
backwards run: 4mph @ 4 % incline for 5 min
right lateral run: same as left
forward run again; repeat one more time through

This really worked my legs!!!! I then followed it with the abs portion of B&G
Today I did M1W3 legs. I did the whole workout pushing it to my max and then followed it with 30 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill (4mph at 12%) This was very hard to do but i need to get in the extra cardio to keep myself lean. Tomorrow will be a cardio and abs day but i'm not sure what workout to do yet.

TGIF!!!! I didn't post yesterday but i can assure you i got in an intense workout. Yesterday I did CC2(revised) on my elliptical. It was super intense. I always feel that its harder on the elliptical than the treadmill. Mabe its because of the arm pedals. Anyway, after that I did the core workout from the kickbox workout on 4DS.

Today was M1W3 back and triceps. My arms were like jelly after this. I followed this with a 30 minute run on the treadmill. 6mph forward running at 4% incline for 5 minutes then 4mph backward running at 4% incline for 5 minutes and repeat for 30 minutes.

Diet has been good. I'm not sure i'm going to do more cardio tomorrow. I will see how i feel but i think my body may need the weekend to recover.

Well, i decided to get a workout in today since most of my day will be spent on my rear studying for my board exams. I did KPC and it totally kicked my a**. I haven't done this workout in a long time. So thats it for the week. I'm happy with each and everyone of my workouts. Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day b/c i need it

Karie,
I'm not doing STS yet, but I'd like to join you on your journey over the next 3 months. I'm hoping to purchase STS or receive it as a gift (that would be the best) by the end of the year so I can start it next year.

I've been exercising with Cathe for a little over a year. Typically I do alternating days of cardio and weight workouts, although in the summer it gets a little more challenging to stay on track.

I've got to get the vacuum out and clean up my workout space before I exercise this morning. You go girl. I'll be back to check in later.
Michelle

Michelle,
Thanks for stopping in. You can join me at anytime:) Mabe when you get your STS segment I'll start from the beginning with you and we can support each other.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.