k-k-k-kettlebell checkin --- thursday

deanie

Cathlete
good morning

woke up late today, i kept hitting the snooze! anyway, short workout today:
tgu - 11 minutes, 35#kb, 10 each side
swings - used my 45#kb
wanted to do the ropes, but ran out of time

my jeans are tight on me!!! that has never happened to me- ever!!:mad::mad: unless i was pregnant or post pregnant!! and i am neither right now! i don't know if its the etk program which is low on cardio or my eating (which is 99% clean!) so i am going to try and add some cardio into the program and i am cutting back my calories from 2000ish to 1700ish:eek: ugh! i do not like this feeling!!!

Jane::: I hope your 6 mile run went well. You should be totally ready for your race this weekend!

Gayle::: wow, Newport with 8k and 12k!! Impressive! I like it!!:p:) I hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

Marcy::: You are THE WOMAN!! Wow what a workout yesterday!! Can you move today???:eek: I hope you are taking it easy today and doing some yoga!!

Andilynn::: I hope you did well on your psych. exam. What are you studying? I have a psych degree from college. I think it helped alot with being a mom!!**ha ha**;)

waves to Farmer and Vilma

Have a great day everyone!!

On to week 2 of my experimental rotation so I'm back on the kettlebells this week! I'm just not sure which workout to pick today, probably Santa Monica si I can play with my ropes!

Deanie-I'm taking psych as on of my prequisites for the nursing program, only a few more to go and then I'll probably make the leap of taking a part-time job and going to school full-time, there's not much of a future where I am now(automotive industry) and I've been laid off since December but should return to work shortly, at least til I'm ready start schoolfull-time! I wouldn't worry about the pants tightness , maybe it's muscle? I myself tend to need alot of cardio to keep my weight down, but I gain weight like most people breathe! I wish there was a formula for fitness that worked for everybody!

Waves to Marcy,Jane ,Vilma, Farmer, Gayle and anybody else who stops by!:)

Good Morning!

Today I did Tracy Anderson's Dance Aerobics. I learned the 8 combos and did the warmup (which was actually after learning the combos so I used it as more of a cooldown). It was really fun. Just like being in a dance class. The warmup had lots of isolations in it - hips, shoulders, ribcage. I previewed a little of the actual workout and it moves MUCH faster than the breakdown section even though she said she did it at full speed in the breakdown.

Deanie - Actually, I'm not hurting too much today. I agree that we probably need more cardio in this program. In the Minimum part of the program, I was able to add in more cardio but with ROP, I find it harder to fit it in.

Andilynn - Hope you have a great workout with Santa Monica!

Waves to everyone!

Marcy

Hi everyone!

Deanie - Really great work on the TGU's and swings. That's a lot of weight you're movin' around!

Andilynn - Have fun with your ropes!

Marcy - Glad you're feeling better.

Waves hello to Jane, Farmer and Vilma.

I'm deadlifting tonight. 10x3 @ 160 with 15 seconds between sets. I really don't think 15 seconds will feel like any kind of rest. :eek: This should be interesting.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Good Afternoon!

Today I'm doing a workout that my sister is creating. :eek: From what she tells me there is not much cardio, just abs and upper body. I was really tired yesterday but I got the run done. I feel good for Saturday's 5K.

Deanie ~ I would try adding in some cardio. My body always does better with more cardio. Way to go on the TGUs!!

Andilynn ~ Have fun with the ropes. I only did them once in a Boot Camp Class but they were fun!

Gayle ~ Have fun with your deadlifts!

Waves hello to Marcy and Farmer!

Gayle - Good luck with the deadlifts tonight! 15 seconds is definitely not a long rest!

Jane - I'm curious to see the workout your sister came up with.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.