k-e-t-t-l-e-b-e-l-l weekend report

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

today was etk week 6 day 6:
C&P and pullups - 4 ladders of 3 rungs with my 25#kb, resting 30 seconds between each ladder, with the first pullup of each ladder unassisted. The rest of the pullups were assisted.
Then swings: 25 swings/5 sec. rest for 6 min. I made it thru no problem. I used my 35#kb. I thought Wednesdays swings were harder....
so I tacked on a ropes tabata:eek: love the ropes!!:p

waves to everyone!! I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

hi again~

does anyone have the Kettlebell Goddess workout? If yes, is it good? just looking for what to put on my wish list when I finish ETK. :)

Whoohooo the weekend is here! Although I've been on a extended vacation since xmas(layoff) but business is picking up and I should be back at work soon! But I havn't been on a fork truck for so long I'll probably drop glass all over the place! Last nite was the first nite of my rotation experiment and it really proved to me that kettlebells have really increased my strength! I'm going to need heavier dumbells, the highest I have is a 25#. I'm really hoping shaking things up will bring some nice results!

Deanie-someone was asking about the Kettlebell Goddess workout on the open discussion forum a couple of days ago although I never saw a answer, I'm going to keep watching since the more good kettlebell workouts I have the better!

Waves to all! :)

Hi Deanie and Andilynn,

I got up and did the 5K this morning. I did my best time so far this year but still off the mark. I feel like I'm getting my running lungs and legs back so I hope to do even better next week. I want to try and do a leg workout this afternoon but I've got a busy afternoon so I'm not sure I'm going to fit it in.

Deanie ~ I have the Goddess Workout.

Here is the Menu
Joint Mobility Drills
Upper Body Drills
Lower Body Drills
Cardio/Conditioning Drills
Abdominal Drills

Bonus
C&P Overhead Squat
C&P Squat
TGU
Bottom Up Cleans
Farmer/Waiter Walks
1 Leg Military Press
1 Leg Lat Pull
Crush Curl
Pyramid Deadlifts
Tricep Dips

I've heard lots of bad reviews on this workout. I think because most people are used to fun music and an interesting set. This workout is straight to the point kettlebell workout. It's Andrea Du Cane and 2 other girls. There is no music. It's just kettlebell drills pure and simple. Although I don't do it that often now, I think it's a good workout.

Hi everyone. My ADD kicked in today so I made up a combo workout. I started with a segment of Classical Stretch, did rounds 1-7 of Providence and then I did the 4-7 premix of Low Max.

I think that I am going to continue working out like this. I plan to do 30 minutes of KB and follow with 30 of traditional cardio. On the alternate days I plan to do a circuit workout, or 60 minutes of cardio. Reading the article Marcy posted makes me want to try this approach and see what happens. I am a compulsive spender so I want to use the dvd's that I have (but if Newport goes on sale I am all over it;))

Jane- Way to go on making your best 5K time. Keep up the good work!

Deanie- When you did the swings did you do all 2 armed swings?

Andilynn-Hope you get your job back soon.

Marcy- I have asthma also. Last year I read an article about Pycnogenol for asthma and I started taking it. My asthma isn't severe but it is aggravated by birth control pills and cold weather. I stopped taking the pill and started taking 100mg of the Pycnogenol while continuing to take my daily inhaler. I haven't used the daily inhaler since last June and I only use the rescue inhaler occasionally. I don't know what you take but Symbicort was awful for me.

Waves to everyone. Hope you have a good weekend.

Deanie - Good workout yesterday!

Jane - Nice job on your 5k!

Andiliynn - Good to hear that you'll be back at work soon. Yay heavier dumbbells! :)

Farmer - I think your 30KB/30cardio idea looks pretty sound. I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

I went skiing yesterday and it was awesome! The weather was great and the bumps were near perfect. This was the first day that I didn't ski with a brace since my knee surgery and I finally felt like I had my old groove back. :D:D

I think the KB/Mtn Athlete/deadlift work has really helped.

I'm planning a rest day today because I'm really hoping to go heavier on deads tomorrow. Rascal may have a buddy over for a hike this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone!

No workout for me today, a scheduled rest day. Moving on to week 7 of ETK tomorrow:)

Jane::: Thanks for the review and thoughts on The Kettlebell Goddess. I put it on my wish list! Great job on running your best time ever!!

Andilynn::: I hope you are back to work soon! Yeah! to needing heavier dumbells!!

Farmer::: I like your creative workout!:)

Gayle::: Good luck on your deadlifts tonight! sounds like you had a fun time skiing. I didn't know you had knee surgery-- glad you were able to ski well again!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
....I am soooo not ready for monday!!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.