K-E-T-T-L-E-B-E-L-L ----1-22

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

I slept in today (DOMs from yesterdays Firepower, and I was up late last night watching LOST!!) So I will workout when I get home at noon today. I plan on doing HIIT on the treadmill/tabata with ropes and my pullups day 2!

The pull up bar will have to go up tonight. DH got everything he needed from home depot, but then life got in the way of putting the bar up last night.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning!

Woohoo on the new pull up bar, Deanie! I'm going to check out that 20 pull up challenge...I may join you guys. What if you can't reliably do one pull up to start with? Do you use any kind of assistance or do negatives?

My butt is totally dragging from staying up for Lost, too. Great show!

I did Lucky Sevens last night @ 12kg. It took longer than I anticipated, almost 45 minutes, so I didn't do anything else afterward. It was a good workout. The thrusters kinda wore me down.

Waves hello to everyone who follows!

Good Morning!

Today was also a rest day for me. I just didn't want to get out of bed.

Deanie - Hope your pullup tower goes up today.

Gayle - If you can't do a pullup, you start with Week -2 which starts with all negatives. The next week, Week -1, you do negatives and then add in one pullup. You can print out the chart from the website. It's a 6-week program (8 weeks though if you start from Week -2 where I'm at). I've never used any assistance, just toughed it out until I worked my way up. I know that a lot of people have used Iron Woody Bands to help them out. I'm sure if you did a search, you'd find plenty of threads. If not, there are plenty over at videofitness.com.

Waves to all who follow!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Thanks, Marcy. I downloaded the worksheet, and will give this a go. Good luck on your painting project, I also like your color choices. :)

Good Afternoon

I actually came home today, and did my workout!!!:eek:

I did HIIT on the treadmill (level 11) a 4 min. tabata with the ropes, and my pull ups!
For the pull ups I did:
1 regular
1 regular (I'm counting it as one, but it was more like 3/4:p)
1 negative
1 neg. (should have been regular, but I goofed!)
1 neg.

For the neg. ones I let myself down really slow, I hope I am building up muscle!!

Gayle~ Great workout! what are thrusters? I'm glad you are joining us for the challenge. I am on week -2. I barely eeked out one regular on the initial test! I am thanking ABC for last night - Sawyer with out a shirt for one full hour:D:D My DH was joking, I must be in heaven!!;)

Marcy~ enjoy your rest day. Are you going to use a barbell for Santa Monica when they do? I'm thinking of using one loaded up to 20#, so I have that option....

Waves to everyone else!!

Marcy~ I don't remember exactly.... I think its just one time and they do a squat under it and then raise it over their heads...I remember when I previewed it, I thought it looked really cool:cool: there is a kettlebell option they show...

OH! Gayle, we were posting at the same time!:) Thanks for the info. I really want to try that workout (Lucky 7?) next week and I wasn't sure what that move is! What color are you painting your bedroom? Mine is a really nice soothing green. My in-laws used this color, and when I saw it, I loved it! My MIL and I have very similar taste:)

Last edited:
THis is too funny, I went to the paint store at lunch time and grabbed all the color samples of their sage-y gray-greens for the bedroom. We must all be on the same color wave length. :D

What's weird is up until I was an adult, I don't think I owned anything green. But my son's favorite color was green and I guess I fell in love with it. Sage greens are my favorite. I would love to repaint my bedroom but my DH has already painted the family room, kitchen, guest room, spare room and bathroom. He still has my exercise room, dining room and living room to go so the bedroom's last on the list.

I'm asking for suggestions - our family room and kitchen is painted a mustard gold. Our dining room is next to the kitchen and the living room is attached to the dining room. What color would you go with? I wanted some kind of green but DH wanted red but we don't want to get the Christmas effect. Any thoughts?

Deanie - I guess it's a good thing your MIL have the same taste. Is Santa Monica also around 40 minutes?

Marcy

Gayle ~ too funny! My kitchen is green also. I did the Ralph Lauren denim technique in there with the green, with white trim. My younger sons bedroom is Happy Camper green:) from Ralph Lauren, with white under the chair rail. I like their colors best, they seem to be so "warm".

Marcy~ I would go with a deep red, with blue tones, and white trim and it would be gorgeous!! To me red and green is christmas, not red and gold. At one point when we moved in, I wanted to use a tan and red color scheme. I don't know what happened, but I ended up with green, blue and tan instead! Anyway I found a great deep red color called Townhouse Red by Ralph Lauren (really like his colors and he's at home depot). I really like deep dark colors and I think they work well in large or small rooms! Let us know what you decide. I actually have no idea how long Santa Monica is....40 min. sounds great though!

I'm checking in late today I worked out early this morning and ran out the door to spend the day with a old friend. But before I ran out the door I did some cardio: the high intensity split from 4DS and the Manmakers 2x , and I did all the swings with my 25# kettlebell, Yay! I can't wait til Firepower gets here! I have a couple of friends coming over later this week to try ketttlebells , I'm working on being a enabler, I can't stop telling people about these workouts!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.