K-e-t-t-l-e-b-e-l-l= C-h-e-c-k= I-n===Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Where is everyone today? Its already after 10 am!!:eek:;)

Today was SIM for me and I added some swings with my new toy the 24kg. I did 1 set of 10 swings and 1 set of 15 swings. Interestingly the second set was better than the first. the first set only came a little below my chest, the second set I was able to get the bell most of the time to chest level. ....better hip snap maybe...?

....off to pick up DS12 (for 4 more days, then he's 13!!:eek:) from his sleep over.

today is a big cooking day, trying to make a lot of meals and freeze them so I can pull something out of the freezer and have bfast/lunch or dinner easily. then we are off to the pool this afternoon!:D

bbl to chat!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi", I've been totally swamped with summer classes and work so I've been curtailing alot of my online activites in favor of homework!`Not a whole lot of fun but I am getting all A's so it will be worth it in the end! I been sticking with STS and as I'm nearing the end of it I've noticed that although I have not lost any weight I've firmed up and I'm fitting into clothes I could not wear previously. I was really disappointed though when I stepped on the scale and there was no weight loss:( but I'm happy with the results I did get:) Well, of to finish writing yet another term paper. Have fun at the pool Deanie! Sounds like you're having a great summer!

Waves to all!

Hi Everyone!

I loved the workout last night. I did 3 rounds of the KB Complex/400m run and then finished it off with 7 minutes of abs.

Here is the workout I'm doing tonight.

3 Rounds
50 Squats
45 Sit ups
40 Weighted Step ups
35 Squat Jumps
30 Swings
25 Squat Thrust
After each round run a suicide course.

Deanie ~ Have fun at the pool! Great job with the swings!!

Andilynn ~ Congrats on your summer classes and finishing STS!! I try to stay away from the scale at all costs and concentrate on how my clothes fit.

Marcy ~ I love Mindy's workouts. I have the Medball workout but I haven't used it recently. I love some of her older workouts.

Missy ~ I sent you some heat via priority mail. It's going to be in the 90's again today. I hope it's warmer today.

Waves hello to Gayle, Laura, Rhonda.

Hope everything has a great day!

Good afternoon! Wow, only 2 posts? Slow day today, everyone must be busy :)

Today is a rest day - I was going to do SIM, but my body is telling me TAKE A BREAK, WOMAN!, so I am going to do some light stuff; taking the dogs for a walk, putzing around the house, maybe go pull a few weeds. Y'day's run was pretty groovy. I went to the park to run because it is the hilliest area around here and I wanted a bit of a challenge. I decided to kick it up a notch so every time I passed a series of stairs I ran it up as fast as I could 5 times, taking them 2 at a time, and did 20 box jumps at the base of each case. Some were small jumps and one was half way up my thigh; Lucy just sat and watched me with her ears perked in intense concentration like I was a show or something. :eek: I imagine that is how others were looking at me, too, lol. Lucy and I saw several deer and - this is cool - at one point there was a fawn not 20 feet from us just watching us run. We passed and Lucy started wagging her tail and whining and it just kept looking. About 30 feet from us were it's mom and another little one - they didn't seem startled by us at all, just bored and looking for something to munch. They seemed to be really used to people, but I had never seen any like this before, and I go to this park a lot. Deer never cease to amaze me with their grace and swiftness, they are amazing creatures.

Jane, you sent something because it is actually 70 now! Just a little bit more please. :) Have fun pushing that tush while squatting :p

Andilynn, I agree with Jane: don't worry about what the scale is telling you; all that matters is what your clothes say. I haven't been on a scale since October or 2005 and lemme tell you - it is the best thing that I could have done for my fitness endeavors!!! It feels good to not be a slave to that piece of metal. If your clothes say you're thinning out then what the scale says doesn't matter one iota. Muscle weighs more than fat, anyhoo. :)

Deanie, almost 13 you say... *sniff They grow up too darned fast. Please feel free to cry over your baby becoming a teenager - we can do it together! DD still has a while before her next birthday (which is her 13), but I already feel it coming on! I still remember when she was a baby... her big, bright blue eyes and easy smile... *sniff! ~ from y'day, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was trying to take over your workout or anything, and I'm sorry if I did. That is my strength and my weakness: I try to improve things in my life, I find ways to make everything better (what's the point of doing anything if you aren't going to grow or get better?) whether it's to help DH's business, budgeting, eating, saving, chores, workouts, you name it and it tends to seep out into other things because I think "of COURSE everyone else wants things to change for the better too, right?" DH gets frustrated because sometimes he just wants to let things be as they are. Sorry if I overstepped anything, and you can totally tell me if I am; I am not someone who is easily offended. :D

Rhonda, Marcy, Gayle, Laura: HOLA, MUCHACHAS!!! :)

I have an announcement to make! I am changing my name. After months of deliberation I have decided that I am no longer Missy, the name that I asked to be called when I was a grade schooler with pig tails. I am Melissa - that's the name my parents gave me, it is an adult name and it fits me more than Missy does anymore. Every time someone calls me "Missy" it feels a bit like nails on the chalkboard because... well, I don't know, it just does. My family calls me Melissa, my husband does and my closest friends do now and it feels right, if that makes any kind of sense.
Am I weird?

Missy/Melissa

Tomorrow's workout

I was just wondering what you guys thought I ought to do tomorrow. I am not working out today, and I won't get the chance to workout on Saturday so between these two workouts which do you think will give the most bang for their buck?:

5 rounds of 40 seconds work/ 20 seconds rest

Go heavy, and do controlled reps throughout.

• Kettlebell see saw press
  • Alternate kettlebell clean
  • Walkouts
  • One arm ring row
  • Walking lunge
  • Aunt Cindy
OR

Do this for 25 minutes:

Get as many rounds as you can with one kettlebell

• Kettlebell swings 5/5
  • Squat thrusts 10
  • Kettlebell snatch 5/5
  • V-sits 10
  • Kettlebell thrusters 5/5
  • Shuttle run
OR

Cindy

Wudaya think?

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today I did the 3rd practice on Deb Dobbins' Spirit of Vinyasa Flow. It helped my sore back. I was pretty good with my standing leg balances. There were only two arm balances which my body was saying "no way!" Tonight is salsa class.

Melissa - Great run yesterday and how cool you saw a deer! I've never seen one. I've heard the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing but it just doesn't make sense to me. A pound is a pound but muscle is denser so it takes up less space which is why even though you might have two 130 pound women, the one with more muscle will look smaller.

Andilynn - I agree with Jane too - go by the clothes. I am a scale fanatic and sometimes it frustrates me but I'm happy to be a few pounds more with less bodyfat. Firming up is good! Congratulations on your As and finishing STS!:p

Deanie - So glad you're enjoying your new toy!

Jane - I also have Mindy's All About Legs and All About Abs which I really like. Her ab work is actually tougher for me than Cathe's especially her bodyweight and stability ball abs. She really loves plank work! I have one of her older strength workouts (I think CIA 2201?) but I haven't tried it yet. Hope you have a great workout tonight!

Rhonda - Thanks for your CS offer. For now yoga works for me but I might take you up on it in the future.

Waves to Gayle and Laura!

Marcy

Melissa ~ I don't think you are weird to change your name. My sister's given name is Elizabeth but when we were growing up we called her Betsy. When she got to collage, she decided she wanted to be called Elizabeth. It took me about 5 years to remember to call her Elizabeth. Now I call her Lizzybee! :eek:

BTW.....I'm sending you some more warm air from Georgia!!

Marcy ~ Is Mindy's CIA2201 Strength Express? If so, I love that workout!!! I also like Extreme Intervals and her Body Bar workout. I can't remember what the whole name is. She is so funny. My sister had her fly to Florida to do a workout at one of their conventions. Her ab workouts are crazy hard. If you have Strength Express, she does some cool plank work with a med ball. It's a fun, fun workout!!

Rhonda ~ I vote for this one:

Do this for 25 minutes:

Get as many rounds as you can with one kettlebell

• Kettlebell swings 5/5
  • Squat thrusts 10
  • Kettlebell snatch 5/5
  • V-sits 10
  • Kettlebell thrusters 5/5
  • Shuttle run
Here's my reasoning. The workout I picked will give you more bang for you buck because it's both cardio and strength infused. You can go heavy on on the kettlebell moves and go all out with the cardio.

The first one will give you the strength element but no true cardio.

Cindy (5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats) for 20 minutes is good but you won't get the bell work.

Anyway...just my .02 cents

Deanie ~ I forgot to mention earlier when my sisters and I turned 13 my parent's took each of us to dinner alone on our birthdays because we were teenagers. They ordered wine for me. I remembered the restaurant put up a fuss because I was underage but they served me anyway.

Jane - Yes, I think it is Strength Express. Thanks for letting me know you give it a thumbs up. I'll have to pull it out soon and try it.

Marcy

Hi again!

Melissa::: I like the new;) name! Actually, my "forum" name is Deanie, but my real name is Nadine. The only one who calls me Deanie is my DH. This is the only forum I'm on, and I wasn't sure about a "name" so I used my nickname! Great run yesterday! Enjoy your "easy" day today. I agree with you, the boys are growing up so fast! my younger son is already going to start 4th grade in the fall!! can't believe it! My choice for your workout tomorrow is the middle workout you posted. Although I love the Cindy workout. I am going to probably try it soon, maybe we can schedule a "Cindy" workout day:p

Jane::: Have fun with the workout you are doing today! That is a nice birthday idea for your 13th. I think we are just going to go out as a family on Monday to celebrate and let my DS pick where. He likes Cheeseburger, cheeseburger so I'm willing to bet that's where we'll be on Monday!

Marcy:::Glad your back is feeling better! Enjoy dance class tonight! (you may already be there! LOL)

Andilynn::: Great to "see" you here!!! I agree with the others. Go by how your clothes feel. I never go on the scale!!! It is EVIL!!:p Glad you are getting results with STS!

Waves to Gayle and Rhonda!!!:):)

Have a great evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.