k*e*t*t*l*e*b*e*l*l* check in***1.28

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Just getting us started. I am off to do Firepower, still not sure if I am going to do 2 or 3 alarm, and some pullups.

later~

Good Morning Deanie & all who follow.

Deanie please come back and report exactly what Firepower is like - I never even bothered to look at it so its one I don't have ;)

Enjoy your workout this morning - are you guys still having a snow day?

I'll be doing some TGU and snatches along w/ L&G this morning. I really enjoy TGUs and have missed them since I've been dedicating my time to swings lately.

So since I decided to cancel my STS preorder who now feels a bit left out of the party as I do?

I don't regret my cancellation as I went through lots of soul searching about STS and came to a decision that was best for me at the time but still can't help to get swept up in the excitement lol.

Have a great day!

picture.php

Hi again!

I finished Firepower and I ended up doing the 2 alarm. I used my 2-20#kb and my 25#kb again. I could have used my 30# for the suitcase dead lift, but didn't:p!! THe only exercise I have trouble with is the alt. double cleans. Last time i could barely do it, this time I made it thru 20ish seconds and then continued to do the exercise with no weight. I completed the 5 min. snatch test, but i used my 20#kb. I thought it was more endurance since it was 5 min., so i went lighter. I still can't get as low in the squats as Anthony does, but I am getting lower.
Then I did day one week -1 of the pullups:
1`
1neg
1neg
for some reason they are still hard and not getting easier:mad: I guess the fact I did them after Firepower didn't help;)

Vilma~ this is Firepower: all exercises are for one minute
warm up: I like this warmup the best.
round 1: TGU
round 2; alternate clean and press (2 kb used)/double row
round 3: super burpee/ figure 8 to a hold/ super plank
round 4: alt. double cleans
(2 kb used)/suitcase dead lift/ alt. chest press(2 kb used)/ russian twist
round 5: hi-pull & snatch/ seesaw press
(2 kb used)/ figure 8 w/lunge/ renegade row(2 kb used)/ squat w/triple crush

Yea!!! Another snow day for us:D:D:D Very happy!!!! We have food, we have books and we have logs for the fireplace!!! .....doing the happy dance:D

Vilma~ enjoy l&g. I think that is my favorite leg workout of Cathe's. I also canceled STS after a lot of soul searching too.
There are no regrets on my part! :) I know I made the right decision for me since I am reading the posts and I'm not one bit upset I canceled.

Andilynn~ did you like Firepower?

Marcy~ Did you end up doing Firepower also today?

waves to Gayle, Jane and everyone else!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm posting early today.

Yesterday I did my 400 swings. I didn't get my jump rope in because it was dark when I got home so I did the cardio drills from Drill Max in between my second set of 200 swings.

Today I plan on doing my 200 swings and running, although it is suppose to rain so not sure what I'll be doing if it does.

Deanie - I have problems with the alt double cleans in Firepower too! They kill me. Enjoy your snow day! I miss those. Make a snow angel for me!

I'm waiting for STS to get here. I really wasn't too excited for it but now I'm looking forward to them. I'm not really to give up my kettlebells although I am getting a little tired of the swings. I've seen great results from doing the challenge though. I think I'll work in STS one day a week for now. I haven't done a traditional weight work in a long time.

Enjoy your day, ladies!!

Phooey...no snow day for us. :mad: The snow started late and we've only gotten an inch or two so far, but we're predicted to get 12"-18" by 1 a.m. tonight.

I'm envious of your snow days, Deanie. :p

I did Newport last night with just the 8kg kettlebell. I got through *most* of round 4 (could NOT hold all of the planks), but did get through round 8...with much grunting and swearing. I did the TGU bonus, and my pull ups - 1 neg, 1 neg, 1 neg, 1 neg, 1 neg. My lats are feeling it this morning.

Not sure what I'm going to do today, but it'll probably start with ShovelMax. ;)

Waves hello Jane, Vilma, Andilynn, and Marcy! :)

Snow day here to we've got at least 7 inches and a little ice mixed in. Good day to stay in, guess there is a plus side to being laid off! Today will be a cardio day and I'm thinking about one of the Imaxes.

Deanie, I loved Firepower and boy are you right those alternating cleans were a killer I had to take a little break in the middle and drop my weight! And I was still struggling. I did the 4 alarm and got thru the whole thing but the second time thru I had to drop to my knees for the pushups and I dropped my weight to a lighter one for the snatch test, but I think this will be one of my favorites!

"Waves" to Pascal, Gayle, Vilma, Jane and all who follow!

Good Morning Ladies!

First, I did the pullup challenge. Didn't do as well as I had hoped:

1&3/4, 1&3/4, 1, 1&1/2, 1 negative. I actually never did negatives before the challenge and I really do feel them (especially the slower I come down).

Then I did Firepower (only 1 alarm):

TGUs - 20# (will try 25# next time)
Alternating Clean & Press - 20# - all
Double Static Row - 20# - all
Super Burpee w/high pull & squat - 20# - went through full minute but didn't keep up with Anthony
Figure 8 to hold - 25# - all
Super Plank - all
Alternating Double Clean - toughest exercise for me - did 30 seconds and had to rest, then did 15 seconds more which finished me off.
Suitcase Deadlift - 25# - easy! could've used 30# (might use a dbbl next time since I'm on a limited budget right now)
Alternating Double Chest Press - 20# - pretty easy (will try 25# next time - will have to use a dbbl in other hand)
Russian Twist with Pullover - Started with 20# for first set of Russian twists; grabbed a 25# for pullover and then continued with 25# for rest of exercise.
Hi Pull w/snatch - 20# - all
Alternating Double Seesaw - 20# - was easier than last time
Figure 8 to Tactical Lunge - didn't go all the way through; had to take off my gloves because I couldn't get a handle on the KB. Used 25#.
Alternating Renegade Rows - easier than last time - I'm still not sure of the proper form on this one. Are you supposed to be in plank or do you stick your butt in the air? Anthony looks like he's somewhere in the middle.
Squat, Crush Curl, Press, Overhead Extension - Used 25# - good news - I got really low in my squat; bad news - I got so low, I couldn't do a full extension on my curl. No time for snatch test this morning.

Then I did IMAX 3 blasts only - Wanted to do 10 but only wound up doing first 5.
Blast 1 - Did all straddle taps and power 7s but only did jumps on step 1x.
Blast 2 - Plyo jacks, etc. - did all
Blast 3 - Starburst, etc. - only did 1/2 of blast
Blast 4 - I really hate this one! My legs didn't seem to be working and I only did a few.
Blast 5 - Plie jacks - did all!
Then did IMAX 3 stretch.

Vilma - I also cancelled my preorder. I don't think I'm sorry yet. Need to see more reviews. Of the one review I did see, Meso 1 sounded very much like
P90X to me which I already have. The person said there were many kinds of pushups from all different angles, the counter in the background. I do plan on getting Ab Circuits and maybe Meso 3 later on down the road but I have plenty to keep me busy for now. You have to do Firepower! It's great! Legs & Glutes is also probably my favorite Cathe leg workout.

Deanie - Congrats on getting another snow day! Enjoy! Those alternating double cleans are killer! I suggest you always do pullups BEFORE workouts. They're hard enough without being spent after your workout and then trying them.

Jane - Congrats on doing your 400 swings! :D I hope you're happy with STS. I look forward to hearing your review.

Gayle - I'm sure you'll get a great workout with Shovelmax!

Andilynn - Good work doing the 4-alarm!

Have a great day everyone!

Marcy

I didn't cancel my STS order and I'm excited to get it but I think I'll put it off for awhile since I'm just really into the kettlebells. I'm hoping that after I preview some of the dvds that I'll find a way to mix the two together? I'm hoping to hear some reviews soon and mine is supposed to come tomorrow if the UPS man can get to us out here in the middle of nowhere!

Hi again

To those of you getting STS...enjoy:)

I just purchased a band to help me do pull ups.:confused: they aren't getting easier, and I do feel them when I do the negatives, but now I will have help, and eventually (or never) they may get easier. I actually don't even like pullups (prob. because I can't do them) but now for ETK, I don't have to worry about not being able to do 2 or 3 at a time.

Andilynn~ Glad you enjoyed Firepower! That's why I canceled STS, I wasn't ready to give up kb's and I wasn't sure how/or if I would ever work the 2 of them in together. and if i'd even go back to that type of training.... what did you end up doing for cardio?

Marcy~ Great job with the pull ups! I like the negatives, and since you feel them, I think they should count as a real one!! I agree, I should do them first and then the workout, but I am just not motivated to do them first. I can't believe you did any of Imax 3 after pullups and Firepower---You go girl:D Did you get the ETK workbook from AOS yet?

Gayle~ Maybe you will have a snow day tomorrow???? I did the shovel max thing earlier- not fun. The snow was covered with a layer of ice!!!! I did work up a nice sweat though!;) In Newport, rounds 4 and 6 are killer for me! I kinda like round 8- the bombdiver pushups/cobra are almost like a break after the pushups! What did you end up doing today?

Jane~ You are the WOMAN! 400 swings and drill max???:eek: I am exhausted just hearing that!!LOL:):)

Have a great day!

Marcy~ there is a video on the AOS website (MOS?) that show proper form for the renegade rows. I will try to find it and post the link....

Thanks, Deanie. I just found it. For anyone interested, I saw a thread re renegade rows that really helped. It said to keep shoulders over KB and keep downward pressure on the bells. Push down on one bell as you pull up on another, like you're pulling back on a bow to fire an arrow. Spread feet wide apart and keep core rock hard. Maintain neutral spine.

Deanie - I'll be getting ETK by Friday. Wanted to hold off on using the CC as long as possible. Yes, I think negatives should count too. What are you doing on Friday? I was thinking of doing the rounds I missed in Santa Monica (5-8). Maybe I'll tack on the divebomber round from Newport. Then I'll do some cardio. Round 4 of Newport was one of the tougher ones for me too. The Sots Press in 6 was another toughie!

Marcy

Marcy~ since we are starting ETK on Monday, I want to get another day of Santa MOnica in:). So I am going to do that on Friday. I am going to try it with the ropes:eek:...maybe!!

Deanie - Okay, I'm in with you for Santa Monica on Friday. You're brave to try it with the ropes! Good luck!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.