JUNE 10 CHECK IN for WEDNESDAY, the 30TH

Boingo1

Cathlete
:( I miss Kathy already!!!

Today on tap for me is Turbo Fire's FIRE 30 CLASS. And I also have lower body to do, but I don't really feel like 4DS. I think I might try to get something from Butts & Guts.!

Had a crappy night of sleep. Zach was up late (as usual), but he also was sleep walking during the night and having nightmares. IN my ROOM. AND, Watching Rescue Me before I fell asleep gave me VERY weird dreams! Go figure!!

I'll BBL after my workout!

Hey Chris -- I was MIA yesterday mostly because I was getting distracted. I ended up taking Joe from work pretty early in the day and then taking "care of him" while trying to clean the house. I have on idea what workout to do today...I was thinking either CCC or AS but I'm not sure. I did HIS yesterday in the afternoon and it felt good to get my sweat on. I was thinking about doing High/Low Intervals from Hardcore extreme but I may save that for Saturday and I'm definitely doing HiiT Friday AM. I know understand why everyone loves Cathe's rotations so much...taking out the guesswork makes life so easy!

Chris -- I miss Kathy too! I didn't even get to watch a minute of Rescue Me!

Hi ladies!! Glad you started us off Chris. I see from last night Kathy was getting up at 3:00 am to leave at 4. Yikes!!

Chris, I meant to remind you yesterday that Rescue Me was starting last night. I have it DVR'd but I haven't seen it yet. Was it good? It sounds like it might be a bit strange. And, is this the last season? Have fun with Fire 30 today!!

Beth, I had to laugh at your post last night!! The hole in the kitchen wall would so happen at our house! So, did he fix it before you sold the house? My DH loves to start projects where there is demolition involved, but not so much the completion part. Oh yeah, I have a feeling the grout will never get done now. The kitchen is all back together and grouting it seems to be the last thing on his mind. I'm either going to attempt it myself while they are away (might be a bad idea!) or see if I can get someone to do it (and tell DH I did it myself ;)). Sounds like a great day at the beach. I want to see Toy Story too! We may go Monday. The Turbo Fire EZ workouts are mostly steady state I think. I've only done the 55 EZ one so far and it might have had one or two turbos. I can't remember. But the turbos are just about a minute or so of higher intensity.

Hi Hottie!!

Today's workout was Turbo Fire Hiit 20 and Lower Body 20. I also started the Stretch 40 workout. I did about 20 minutes. I think it's yoga. ;) Could have been a great yoga workout, but I just don't like yoga!

Have a good day all!

Joanne

Hottie - cheers!!! :) I think I owe you a drink (or you me?). How's Joe doing today? I hope he appreciates all your tender loving care! ;) It is good to follow a rotation - no decisions and I find I push myself harder cause I might pick an easier workout if no one tells me which one to do!

Wow, I feel like I must have slept in or something, but ironically I think I was up earlier this morning! You go, girls! Yes, what are we going to do without Kathy starting us off this week! Thanks, Chris! ;) That is an awfully early awakening Kathy had!

Well, I managed to get the babysitter for today -- sure hope Larry feels well enough to go to work because I will have to cancel her otherwise (and probably pay her something given I told her I'd make it worth her while to arrange her work schedule to accommodate me! I sure hope she can make it here tomorrow, too). So I'm off to my hair appt. I hate taking all the time for that, but it sure needs it.

I did Supersets this morning (for the first time -- I liked it!!) followed by 200 kettlebell swings in 5 minutes. Just needed a little cardio boost there at the end, but for whatever reason, my forearms were killing me after that swinging -- I think maybe it was the weight work first, I don't know.

The hole in the wall..... well, when we moved, we didn't sell our house right away, so it sat empty for a while while we figured out if we should fix it up and sell it, fix it up and rent it, or just plain sell it. A friend of a friend is a contractor who flips houses, and he got wind of it and took a look at it and just fell in love with the idea of fixing it up. We had thought he was just going to expand it a little and move in himself. Turns out he did what all the other contractors do in SF -- basically demolished it except one wall (this way they can claim it's not a tear down, it's just "improvements") and rebuilt the thing. It was very sad for us, because it was an incredible house from the 1930s with lots of really cool architectural detail -- it really did just need updating and some expansion, and he could have easily done that. Well, fortunately we had held onto it long enough that we didn't shed too many tears (but some!). He bought at the height of the market, put a bunch of money into it, and then I don't know if he even made anything because of what happened to the market in the time he was working on it. Really bad move on his part. If he had done what we suggested (and we even had the beginnings of plans), he could have made a lot more money. And, in the end, he sold it, didn't move into it himself (apparently couldn't afford to, but perhaps that was his plan the whole time). I guess the best thing for us is that we were able to sell it in that awful condition and we did make a big pile based on when we bought and sold. How's that for a long answer?!

So are the fires the hiits, or what? I don't feel like I have a good picture for that whole TF.

Sorry for your crappy night, Chris! That sucks!

You guys should definitely go see Toy STory.... I think it's the best of all of them.

Boys are crazy noisy and I have plenty to do before the sitter gets here... better fly! Have a good one!

Very important, you TF ladies!!! Someone on vf wants to split a set of TF -- she wants the fires and wants someone else to have the hiits. The three others (stretch, core, sculpt, I guess?) are to be decided. Should I do this deal? The hiits are easy choreography, right? But would I regret not having the rest?

229.gif
Oh no, Beth! You need to have the Fires too. I think the HiiTs would be "boring" all by themselves. So far my most FAVORITE music is from FIRE 55 EZ. And i heard that in the deluxe set the FIRE 60 is even better!

The "FIRES" are mostly steady state cardio, but at a higher level steady state. More intensity than Turbo Jams steady. MOST fun music! They do throw in a few intense intervals. 1 or 2 or some have 3. But most is steady state HIGHER intensity.

The only HiiTs are the ones that SAY they are HiiTs.

I did do the FIRE 30 again today. (3rd time for this). I thought maybe doing the others would make it a LITTLE easier. NOT! Though it was tough FUN. Again, the music is a blast! I'm doggin at the end though. TIRED after the 2nd interval thingie!!! ... I found a 30 minute lower body workout to do: S&H. But I skipped calves, since I did those on Monday. Lately my lower body hasn't gotten DOMS from workouts. So we'll see. I really worked hard and my legs were shaking a lot!. I added on the TF STRETCH 10. Still love this one! It's so relaxing to me.

Hottie: It sounds like you have a lot of maternal instincts in you. With Joe AND Evee! But that's just what I "see" from posts here. ! ... You've done some fun step workouts this week! I know, I have a hard time making workout decisions without a rotation to follow too. But I sometimes like getting to switch up the cardio. ...

Beth: Supersets is a good one! You use the ball on that one, right? I love that. Hope your forearm is ok. My low back was still a little sore today. And it sucked having to heave up 45 lb barbell on my shoulders. Ugh. ... Interesting story about your hole in the wall! LOL!. It could be it's own little book! ... Hope the sitter works out today! Enjoy your hair appt!!.... Meant to say , your day yesterday sounded VERY nice. Always feels good to suck in some ocean air!! And I soooo want to go see Toy Story! Wish my boys would make time for me! ;)

Joanne: Just go ahead and call someone to do the grouting! And so you can "relax" when you're by yourself. OR.. you may need the distraction. I can't imagine being ALONE in the house for that long. ... Is the HiiT 25 class just like the 15 Hiit class? I have to say, I love the setting in the "class" more and more every time I do it!. The Stretch 40 sounds kind of interesting. I LIKE Yoga, mostly. A
healer.gif
s long as it simple-ish poses. No crazy one-legged balancing stuff! ... Yes. This is the last season of Rescue Me :(. First Nip/Tuck and now Rescue Me. I'm so bummed! Of course the show last night was odd... isn't it always? Some things really bothered me in it. I'll tell you after I see it. Probably that's why I had nightmares about it! LOL!. Plus Tommy had this pale/sickly hue to him the entire show. That bugged me too. But I did like seeing the characters again. I missed the guys at the station. They crack me up!

The "plan" today is grocery shopping and library. And then Al has Tae Kwon Do class. The weather is picture perfect out. LOW LOW humidity, bright sunny skies, high in the upper 70s. Almost felt like Fall this morning, it was chilly!

Oh, I finished my book Firefly Lane!! OMG, I cried for the last chapter. The entire chapter.
jawsmiley.gif
But it was a good book. Maybe not so uplifting though. I think I'm going to look for another of her books today. (Kristin Hannah).

th_running1.gif

Beth, important stuff first - OK, the TF names are a bit confusing! There are Turbo Fire's which are combos and then a turbo. Pretty intense. Turbo Fire 30 was three combos and three turbos. The Fire EZ's are more steady step. Like Turbo Jam on speed. I personally would choose either the Fire's or the EZ's over the Hiits. I like the Hiits and they are easy choreography, but the others really rock!! I haven't done the sculpt or tone one yet. I did do the lower and upper from the deluxe set and liked those. I think you would regret not having the others if you just got the Hiits. Did you get your hair done yet? That's a shame about the house. Sounds like it would have been really cool restored. I love old houses but hate the work involved and the "surprises"! Did you ever see the movie The Money Pit?

Oooh - Chris, drinks for me and you too!! Funny how we gave Beth pretty much the same answer on TF even though we were posting at the same time! I did Fire 30 three times last week and thought I would be tired of it. But I wasn't. It was even more fun the last time cause I really knew the moves. And, I love the class setting too. Wow, there is a Fire 60 in the deluxe? I have those, have to check it out! I may be too impatient to wait till it comes up in the rotation. There was a bit of one-legged stuff in the stretch workout. Might have been more, but I quit! I know, I think I will call someone to do the grout. As long as it's not crazy expensive. I am freaking a bit about being alone for the week. And, of course, the horrible thoughts that something will happen to them. Just normal paranoid mom stuff. I do have to work the whole week, so I'll just be home in the evenings. Then that Saturday me and my mom go up there to meet them and stay in the cottage for the week. This one has a washer and dryer!! Yeah! I vowed never again to go to a laundromat on a vacation in my lifetime again after last year. Rescue Me can be odd! I don't like when shows get too "out there". I hope this season isn't like that. I do love the guys, too, though. So funny. I have so much on my DVR now to catch up on. When I get my reading glasses, I'm going to look for the Firefly Lane book. I should read more.

Off to get lunch...

Joanne

Joanne!

I forgot to mention about the reading glasses too! Last year at my eye exam, I was told my vision was ok, that I "just" needed reading glasses. Well, as the year has gone on, I *REALLY* need reading glasses more and more! To the point of me having to bring them to work with me. It's awful what I can't see anymore when I read. I need another arms lenth to make things out on packages!. Ugh. I have about 4 pair in the house, strategically placed, so I have them all the time. I do bring them to work, but sometimes things are TOO big with them and I can't decide if I need them or not.

When I was at the library requesting "Firefly Lane", the librarian said they ONLY had a large print edition. I was so excited that it was large print!!! I just about jumped over the counter to get it!

I definitely feel like an old lady though.
I get that feeling!

Oh man, you guys have me weakening on TF, but I'm still going to wait a while. Thanks for the explanations, and it is nice to know your answers were (independently! :)) the same.

Yes, I did see the Money Pit and yes, some of it we could relate to! :) Chris, is right.... you should just call someone and get that grout done!

Yes, supersets uses the ball some. Funny, Dylan saw Cathe in those short shorts and he said "why are her legs so fat?" Oh man.... if he thinks that's fat, I feel sorry for his future women! :) And Chris, I gave Firefly Lane to my sister for her birthday and she read it right away and she said that it was (without giving too much away) the second similarly-themed book that someone had just given her. She seemed to be surrounded. But, she did say it was a good book and then passed it back to me to read (but I have a pile stacked up before it to finish). So funny about the large print! Most of the "adult" books the bookmobile gets are large print, and both Larry and I always like it, too.

I LOVE balance work and stuff on one leg. Funny how we like similar things but we like different things too.

Ok.... off to see what else I've missed..... hair maintenance done for another ten weeks and I actually got to work for a couple of hours or so -- that was good -- I need to get there more often!! ;)

Beth, After finishing Firefly Lane, I'm not so sure it would be a good book for you or your sister! ... BUT, I did go to the library and get another one by Kristen Hannah, called Distant Shores. We'll see how that one goes! LOL!

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get some more Turbo Jams in before you get TF. Get some practice in with your twists and speedbag w/ housing it! She does the capporarra (sp?) too. She does a new move, Throwing the Fire (is that what it's called, Joanne?). I love it!

About to go outside to sit by a fire! Nice we can FINALLY do it, since Greg is off tonight!

that's annoying. I thought I had posted before I left work and yes I see no long winded post from me. You will have to wait for my ramblings tomorrow...enjoy that fire, chris.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.