June 09 Rotation Check in Tuesday 2nd

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today's workout I have decided is probably going to be Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 3..I haven't done it in a while. So, I hope I still remember the steps..She always gets me with that tricky footwork..

Be back later

'Morning Kathy! And everyone to follow...!!

I kind of left off the "good" on purpose. I had a horrible night. The sinus headache from hell hit me at 2am. I got up, took more pills (ok, remind me NEVER to take those damn Advil Gels , even with milk! felt so sick!), THEY didn't work, so at 2:30a I was doing the Neti Pot, and then after sterilizing my son's steroid nose spray, squirted that up my nose! It seems that it hurts most when I lying down, which doesn't work well when you want to go to sleep. *sigh*

I'm starting to feel better , now that I'm up, showered, 2 cups of coffee, breakfast, but some pain is still there. I hate feeling this way.

I debated (at 3am) NOT doing a workout today, resting and napping, but now that I'm feeling a little better, I think I'll do a shortened Cardio Fusion & then do a run at the park later. That's "the plan".

Kathy
: it's kind of fun to mix things up and do some of our less used workouts, isn't it? I'm liking getting to add in runs in between circuit workouts

Beth: That message your doctor left does sound odd! LOL!... Good thing you're not reading any vampire books .... Did you have bloodwork drawn too? I have the same thing, I think I go every 6 months, though I try to avoid the office visit if I can, and just have my bloodwork.

Chris: Sorry to hear you had a horrible night..I hope your sinus thing clears up soon and you get some relief..Wow, I don't think I could do any version of Cardio Fusion feeling the way you are...Way to go!! And yes, I am going to enjoy mixing it up a bit...

'Morning! Good left off in respect of Chris. Wow, what an awful night! You need a nap, not cardio, woman!! What a bummer.

So funny about the blood work comment! I didn't have to have any, because my gp did the blood work a month or so ago when my prescription ran out. I think that's why the dr. was pleading with me -- the blood work was fine, no change in the script, so I think he thought I'd blow it off. After my whole melanoma incident, which I *almost* blew off, I just don't really do that anymore....

ok.... so.... my workout.... well, um, the bed had a really strong hold on me this morning. It is a rest day, so I was going to get up and do some yoga, but when the bed was feeling so good I remembered that it's recovery week, and I can do yoga tomorrow if I want! So, I just stayed in bed another hour! It felt so good, but did make me wonder how people who don't work out are ever motivated to get in the shower! :D I did go there, but it wasn't easy!

It's supposed to rain here later this week -- I'm so happy and I hope it does!

Well, Chris, I hope your day gets better. Kathy, I admire you and the Amy footwork -- I cannot do her stuff!! Everyone else: hello and have a great day!

-Beth

Thanks Beth! and Kathy!...

I ended up doing HIS from 4DS. Again, it cleared my head and made me feel better. So i guess that's what I should do at 2am when my head is pounding! :eek::eek:

I'm waiting for the sun to come out and then I'll head to the park and do a run. And then do some grocery shopping...

Beth: The extra snuggle time in bed sounds so good! That is the way to work a rest week!!! Hey, did you say what you're going to do next week for a rotation? My brain is mush now, so sorry if you already said! ...

Hey Mushy! :) I'm glad you feel better, but I cannot believe you're able to do cardio with a headache -- I guess I can sorta see how it might clear your head..... anyway, my rotation..... I'm doing some combination of one day total body, one day kettlebell, circuits, and cardio. I have it all laid out, but I have already thought of some ways to tweak it! Perhaps this is why I so liked STS -- not much wiggle room there! :eek:'

We're off.....

-Beth

Morning all. :)

Let me tell you about last night and this morning.

Swallow some codeine because I am determined to sleep early at 8p. Start doing my things in the bed and eventually I cover up my eyes (Joe was one the notebook with the lights on), turn, and start saying, "bethbethbethebethbethbethbeth" like a freaking mantra. Joe hears my mumbling and he says, "I already took a shower. You smell." Because he thought I was saying "bath." I grumble that I was saying Beth, and then into the pillow I say, "you giant nipple." Him: "what??" Me: "damnit, it doesn't work. forget it."

Shoot to 4 something AM. Weirdest way to wake up (for me at least). I wake up with my mind sleepy but my body awake. It's usually the other way around. I start saying my beth mantra again and eventually the 450a alarm goes off and I deal with a whimpering Evee. I've been slacking about feeding her before me so I was very determine to eat first. Ate myself, fed her, took her outside just for a couple minutes so she could pee, started setting up the gym space and waking up Joe. The whole thing took an hour so I'm going to set up more stuff the night before to cut out on that time. Started Imax2 before 6a, Joe took Evee for their run, and I actually did the whole thing. I cheated from blast 8 on though Joe referred to it as "modifying HARDCORE."

It took longer to get out the door too because I tried to style my hair and its getting longer so it takes longer. And we hit pretty crappy traffic but I'm pretty pleased to the start of the day. But now...I'm already hungry and its only 9a!

Kathy -- I'm sure you got all the steps with ASC3! I keep on thinking I should rent/buy more Bento now that my feet can handle high impact again. Keep on reminding me through her workouts!

Chris -- you know, I know exactly why you want to do cardio when your head is stuffed up. Joe was worried about me doing IM2 because I still had some mucus in me and I was like, it is the best NATURAL thing I can do to break it out and finally expunge it out of my body. I was running to the bathroom to clear it all out during the first couple recovery periods and by the second half I felt sooo much clearer. It's a little gross though (for anyone watching me). I'm glad you feel better! It sucks having sinus pressure and congestion!

Beth -- are you saying I channeled you too much? Because that's what I'm hearing! ;) I've been thrilling to this weather lately. The highs are like 70 or 72. It's probably helping everyone's electricity bill and water bill (I know its helped our new lawn). Though I was thinking it probably would be nice if we actually had some rain too.

Today is my other anniversary day. Which is funny because we're going by the tire place to get the new tires (the tires I had wanted to buy they didn't have in stock so they sold us "more expensive" ones at the same cost but I didn't care for how it handles on wet surfaces and I didn't like some of its test results. I told Joe, I don't care if its more expensive. If the other tire is cheaper and performs better, I'll still take that). So it seems for this year, we get tires for each anniversary. Thus, I'm declaring the 4th year the tire anniversary as opposed to that paper, cotton, linen anniversary.

So hungry!

Morning everyone!!

Hottie, LOL! :) You're too funny. My husband would have me committed if I was saying "giant nipple" in my sleep! I think he'd be a bit concerned about "bethbethbeth" too. Glad to hear that Imax2 cleared you out! ;)

Chris, glad you are feeling better too. Maybe you can still get a nap in there. Do you think you might have a sinus infection?

Beth, enjoy your rest day! I know, the bed can be so much more inviting!

Kathy, guess what I did this morning? Amy's ASC 3! :) Did you wind up doing it? I just can't get that stomp double stomp thing in combo 4. I got the rest of it. I actually did it all the way through this time, except for the core and power-ups.

Off to do some work here...

Joanne

How freakin amazing is it that working out made me feel soooo much better! I was flying on my run, I just felt so good. I think the feeling of NO HEAD PAIN was the like being high, i swear. And the weather is perfect, 70, sunny, nice breeze while I ran... AHHHHH!!

Beth: Mushy no more! HA! :eek: I do remember you saying what you were going to do after STS, now that you say it again.... Sounds like a good plan, and you get your kettlebells back in too! I didn't have huge head pain this morning when i went to do HIS, just on the edge... in the background, kind of. NOT like at 2am. Oh my!

Hottie: OHMYGAWD, you made me LOL with your chanting story!!! Joe didn't get "giant nipple" huh? I guess it's just a good name if you're a 8-10 year old boy! LOL! ... Yep! Working up a sweat clears your head big time! Always why I prefer and am thankful I prefer to work out at home. So if I hack anything or if anything is hanging out of my nose, just me, myself and I know about it! ... The Tire Anniversary, huh? You could change it and generalize it even more and call it the "Rubber Year" ..and have more fun with it! ;)

Joanne: Too funny about chanting "bethbethbeth" and "giant nipple"!! OMG, you guys crack me up! I should go relax now. I have an hour before the kiddos come home. I'm going to poop out early tonight, I have a feeling....Cool that you can do a tough AB step workout! Hi-5's!!! I think I just have sinus "issues", not really an infection. I hate my sinuses....

Okay, gonna go read for a bit. I'm reading this WICKED good book called, "The Are of Racing In the Rain". It's told in a dog's point of view. It's funny and cute, but serious too. I just love it!!!. I think this is the fastest I've read a book lately, I might even finish it before it's due...

Joanne: Yes, I did it too...I can get most of it. There are a couple of spots I got confused. I still can't get the dorothy move down. Maybe if I did it more I could. I didn't bother today. I just did some knees to each side with her...ASC2 is the hard one to me..Still working on mastering that one!!

Beth: I like your rotation idea. I was looking into getting a kettlebell. I was looking at Cathe's and was thinking of going with that one. I was going to get an 8 pounder. Or should I go with 6? How are they different from weights?

Chris: Glad you goet that run in. It is sunny, hot and beautiful here. I was planning to go to the grocery store. But, we have a whole crew here in front of our house upgrading our version cables..So, it is hard to get out right now. I can always go tomorrow...I am catching up on some reading in the meantime too..I am reading romance novels..I like the Harlequin and Carly Philips new one is waiting for me at the library. I am going to pick that one up in a couple of days..

Hottie:Happy Anniversary!! Hope you get a good deal on tires. My hubby was telling me a couple of weeks ago that we need to get new tires on his car. He said we can wait until summer is over. The expenses never go away!!!UGH!!! I know Amy's stuff is tricky. Sometimes I can do it no problem like today and other times, I turn it off and put something else on. I did that last time I put on ASC2 and couldn't get the warmup stuff...

Ok, I got through all ASC 3 and was able to follow along most of the time. I was happy about that...Tomorrow I put weights on my schedule and I will do Muscle Max..

Hottie, you are too funny! I love the tire (or rubber) anniversary!

Kathy, I think you need to go heavier with the kettlebell. They say women should usually start with an 8kg -- I forget what poundage that is. I have an 8 and a 12kg. I think even an 8 pounder would be too light for you. Kettlebells are so different from weights, but it's hard to describe. On the basic swing, even though you're holding it in your hands, it's really your lower body and core that are doing the work. If your arms are doing the work, you've got it wrong and you're likely to hurt yourself. So, think about what your legs can do -- and go heavier! :) Vilma, don't you agree?

Chris, that book you're reading sounds fun! I was invited to join a parent book club this summer and I explained that I'm an incredibly slow reader, but maybe if we picked that book I'd do better. ;) Kathy, have you ever read any books by Karen Sandler? I have not, but that is my niece's mother-in-law, and some of the characters in her more recent books are named after my niece and her friends.

Back to work.... I've got all kinds of people wanting things, and unfortunately I need help to help them (which I'm not getting.....).

-Beth

I'm sitting down finally after realizing that I may not be able to do an experiment I planned! Everyone took all the remaining flasks and there's only so much more I want to do today (so it doesn't include sterilizing new ones and finding space for them). It changes the next week or two though so I have to replan. Super suck. And I'm pretty sure I screwed up a week's worth of work for the last three hours. Sigh.

Joanne -- Joe knows I'm certifiable btw. He just also knows that if he were ever to commit me that the revenge I would dish for him when I got out would be evil. LOL. We always say there are different brands of crazy, and we're both the premium kind so we cost a little exta. :) I still believe I can find a situation for giant nipple. I'm determined so...

Chris -- sounds like that run just rocked the casbah for you. Man, my mind just went immediately to the dirtiest place with that rubber year. What does that say about me? I envy you for reading books Chris. I don't think I've read fiction since HS. I used to read prolifically...and I still keep up with the news better than most...but actually reading fiction...jeez, I can't remember the last fiction book I read.

Kathy -- Thanks! We're just swapping the tires for another brand today since we have a 30 day guarantee. I was pretty annoyed for the tires to go out right after memorial day because there were some decent sales that weekend. We're getting ultra performance summer tires which works pretty well all year in SoCal unless you are going up the mountains during ski season (but that's what chains are for). There's a michelin sale at Costco but all the tires that would fit my car were just out of my budget. On my previous car, I bought my tires through Costco and got a stellar price for them and its Costco and I love Costco. So, maybe your husband may want to look at their prices. The tires we got are $120-130/tire MSRP but I got the guy to bring them down to $80/tire but between tax, labor, and the "lifetime" alignment Joe made me get, it still came to right under $600. Ouch. Still feeling it.

Beth -- I hope I'm not creepifying you with my mantra! Joe called me after lunch and he was like, "you didn't TELL them you did that? You're going to scare beth!" I told him that you guys knew me to be crazy but I always like to check...I hope you get the help you need to help everyone else. I certainly know that feeling...

Kathy, I think you need to go heavier with the kettlebell. They say women should usually start with an 8kg -- I forget what poundage that is. I have an 8 and a 12kg. I think even an 8 pounder would be too light for you. Kettlebells are so different from weights, but it's hard to describe. On the basic swing, even though you're holding it in your hands, it's really your lower body and core that are doing the work. If your arms are doing the work, you've got it wrong and you're likely to hurt yourself. So, think about what your legs can do -- and go heavier! :) Vilma, don't you agree?

-Beth

Yes I totally agree ;) I have my 1st kbell which is 15 pounds after a few days found it to be too lite. I also have 3 other kbells 8kg, 12kg & the big mama my 16kg. I like to ladder my swings using the last three kbells , the 15 pounder is usually used as a doorstopper :eek: or when I practiced my Turkish GetUps which I love :) when I last did my TGUs I was going into using my 8kg for those.

So I would certainly recommend an 8 kg AND 12kg :) to start anything lower is not worth it in my opinion.

Hottie, not creeping me out at all -- I think it's hilarious that on the days you are able to get up, I sleep in (hasn't it worked that way twice now?)!

Vilma, thanks for the confirmation on the kbells -- hopefully Kathy will see this before she buys. :)

I feel very useless work-wise. Ug!

And Travis is having a giant days-long (almost a week now) conflict with one of his good friends and it's so sad to watch. I can't really tell what the problem is -- the closest I can figure is that he has told the teacher on some other kid who happens to be friends with his friend. He does tend to be the self-appointed classroom police, and that cannot make him very popular! I think Larry and I were both somewhat oblivious to other kids and social situations growing up, and in some ways I think that is a blessing!!

The cost of tires! We were listening to Car Talk Sunday as we were driving to the maker fair and they were telling somebody they needed new brakes and new tires, and they were saying you'll get out of the shop for under $1000 -- yeah, right! On what planet?! The crazy thing is, I seem to need new tires almost on a yearly basis -- how crazy is that? We've lived here just over three years and I've already replaced my tires twice since we moved here. But as a friend who visited said, "your road is somewhat like driving on a race track) -- curves/hills. I guess it just wears 'em out!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.