June 09 Rotation Check in Thursday 4th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today's workout will probably be Imax....Since I have scheduled myself a cardio day. I thought that one would be a good and tough one to fit that category...

The kids and I have plans for the library today and we need to go out and get a birthday present for a friend of Chris'. He is going to a party on Saturday..Tonight Chris has a baseball game..if the rain stays away! We had one heck of a storm last night...

Be back later..

Good Morning!!!

Why does it feel like a Friday?

Kathy Imax thats an oldie but goodie - have fun w/ those hi tuck jumps :)

Thanks for reminding me about the library I need to get over there myself today. Youngest DD is doing Battle of the Books when she goes to 6th grade Middle school this Aug. and already started reading :D

Hottie I'm sending you some big hugs and feel better quickly vibes - I'm so sorry you are feeling sick w/ tummy trouble. My stomach is always upset and not a day goes by that I don't feel something - I have IBS so I can understand the pain part.

Today I start Lean for Life - I got my CLX and it included TJ Fat Blaster how cool was that - I wasn't expecting that at all. Beth does your disc have it? It's the disc w/ Burn It Off & Recharge on it.

So I'll be trying it out either the TJ Fat Blaster or the BIO I also got the extra disc that has Lean Intervals. It seems all new to me.

I hope to BBL .... Huggles to all!

picture.php

Hey Girls..

I have a busy day today. Again. And THAT is bumming me out.

Yesterday ended up horrible. I struggled with what to cook for dinner (NOT in the mood to cook at ALL), and ended up cooking something HORRIBLE, that I think I will be turned off from boneless/skinless chicken breasts for a very long time... :confused: So I barely had anything to eat, and out the door for Zach's Band concert. It was really amazing the talent these kids have. I was amazed at THAT, but also at the band director. (Oh he likes to talk!)... He was going on with one story, and mentioned how he recently got back his love for running (He lost a TON of weight in the last few years). AND, he ran his first MARATHON. I was like :eek: , IMPRESSIVE!

Anyways, we came home, and all went to hell in a handbasket. Somehow the kids escalated, and DH escalated, and I ended up in bed without anything to eat, alone, .. At least I got to finish my book :confused: :)

Kathy:
Enjoy IMAX today!! It's a goodie!! I always loved the simple moves so I can put my all into the intervals.

Vilma: WOO HOO! for getting CLX and Fat Blaster! Fat Blaster is a good short interval workout, I love to do it when I don't have a lot of time. I usually rewind and do 3-4 more of the intervals!!

So yesterday was a blur and today is going to be dedicated to shopping for DH's birthday, grocery, Walmart and HAVE to fit in a cardio today. I'm hoping to get to the park and possibly do CC #5. ....

I'm in a bummed mood, DH and kids are irritating the bejeesus out of me too. OH, and last night at the concert, this "cute" little girl decided she was going to stand up during the concert, so I couldn't SEE!!!! I wanted to scream!!! I WANT to scream right now!...

I'm outtahere!!!!!

Good morning!

Yes, Hottie, sorry to hear you're feeling so miserable! Is there any help you can get for it? Larry has problems, too, IBS probably, and he has pain pills he takes sometimes -- wouldn't get through the day without them.

Vilma, my set did not include the fat blaster -- it was sort of confusing as to whether or not it was supposed to or whether it was a mistake so I never complained about it. All those people who made such a fuss over the little scratches, getting multiple copies and all, and I didn't even complain about that. Oh well!

I did imax 2, though as I was doing it I realized it hasn't been that long since I've done it (at least it felt that way). I probably should have done 1 or 3 for variety, but ya just gotta love 2, right?

Chris, sorry you had a miserable evening! Yesterday was your day for people standing in front of you! Hopefully today will be a better day -- I love cc 5! Did you guys see a custom cc mix someone posted with a bunch of sprints? It looks pretty good -- I may try it this weekend. I'm still looking for any advice anyone has on running a 5k at a better pace, and whether or not I dare wear my hrm and/or my ipod (w/ some cc playing). Crazy?

I'm very discombobulated this morning -- doing things out of order, putting things away before I've used them, etc. Wake up!!!!:eek:

-Beth

Hi ladies!! Not a good workout day for me. I think I need a couple days rest. Just wasn't into it. I decided to try something totally new - well, it's actually a really old workout that I've never tried. It was Step Fever with Donna Read. Started off bad when Caitlyn woke up just as I was starting. Had to get her breakfast. The workout actually seemed really fun with good music, but I was just phoning it in. I did about half and called it a day. Just had no pep or energy this morning. Also, my legs are killing me from Lalo!! Yikes, what did that man do to me?? I'll definitely try that one again - it must be effective since I can barely walk today. I may just go for a bike ride tomorrow - I found DH's bike in the garage (if you could see our garage you'd know what an accomplishment that is). Saturday nothing, and Sunday is the 5K.

Hottie, I didn't know that you weren't feeling well. Hope everything is OK.

Beth, where did you see that CC mix with the sprints? That sounds interesting. Are you going to do a 5K. My time went down about 3-4 minutes from last year and I really credit it to doing the itrains. I think doing sprints really helps your overall speed. Also, the hills build your endurance. Do you have a treadmill at home? I don't know about wearing your hrm, but I'd definitely use an ipod with whatever you want on it. I know some races ban them, but the ones I've done people use them. Music always helps. That's funny about the names of the cliques in Travis' grade. So, what's the difference between a super jock and a regular jock. ;) Colin has only told me about the "evil people" group in his grade. Lovely. He says they are mean to other kids, but leave him alone.

Vilma, my CLX didn't include the Fat Blaster either, but I do have it. It's a good workout.

Kathy, Imax is definitely some good cardio.

Chris, so sorry to hear about your crappy night last night. I feel that way about dinner sometimes - OK alot of times - no idea or desire to cook. Sometimes even though we love our families, we just need to get away from them for a bit! Go out and run with CC5 and you'll feel better!

BBL...

Joanne

Vilma: My kids do a summer reading quest too. They love it..Each week they stop in to check in with them at the library and they a coupon for area food establishments and fun places..Oh and for some reason I kept thinking yesterday was Friday!!

Chris: Sorry for the miserable day yesterday!! At least you got your book read. So, something good came of it..Hope today is better...

Beth: I love Imax 2 the best too. I made myself do #1 today..I am glad I did it too..Are you awake now? LOL

Hottie: I agree with everyone...Hope you are feeling better..

Ok, getting ready to go to the library...After lunch that is....I survived Imax!!!

Hey Joanne....We were posting at the same time!! I hate those kind of days. When I feel like that I do the same and ditch the workout..I usually don't get anything out of it anyway..Yeah on that 5K..I need to do one someday!!

I guess I am more awake now! I forgot to tell you guys -- I had a hard time falling asleep last night, imagining there were ticks all over me!

Joanne, I'm doing a 5k on July 11 -- it's my annual. The start is 1-1/2 miles up our road,d so how could I not? :) Travis will do the 5k, though he will be ahead of me! And there is a 1K Dylan is going to run and plans on winning. :D The cc mix I saw was on some thread titled something like HIIT vs. SSC, I think. It's:

V2: Warm Up (4:13)
V3: Challenge 1 (6:02)
V1: steady-rest (1:48)
V1: Challenge 1 (6:00)
V3: Challenge 3 (2:56)
V8: Cool Down (4:38)
V7: Stretch (12:00 )

Unfortunately I no longer remember who to credit for it. My problem with 5k pacing is that I'm always afraid I'm going to peter out, so I start out so slowly, and then never speed up enough til the end, when I have plenty left to give. I probably ought to practice the course, but just don't feel like going up the road a mile and half to do that. It just seems like I ought to be faster by now!

Sorry you had a crappy workout, Joanne. Maybe you do just need some rest days. I think I'm going to take it easy with just yoga stuff for the next couple of days (well, I'll run one weekend day, but two of the three next days will be really easy).

-Beth

Hi again!

Kathy, we have a summer reading program at the library that Caitlyn has been asking me to sign her up for. I need to do that. She loves reading now and I want to encourage it. I remember discovering and loving new books when I was a kid.

Beth, I think I remember you talking about that 5K last year. The one I am doing Sunday runs past my parents house and goes about 1/2 block down from mine. The last one I did I took it a bit slower in the first mile, sped up in the 2nd and slowed down a bit in the last.

Maybe I'll pull out one of my unused yoga workouts tomorrow. Or sleep in! We'll see.

Gotta go...

Joanne

Hope you ladies don't mind me jumping in here with a question re: June rotation. I am also following Cathe's rotations but am a week behind so I'm on the last week of May. Planning on doing June week 1 next week. Here's my ?
I do not have STS but was thinking of going my the workout card on those days that STS is scheduled. Do you think that is something that's doable? I plan to look a week ahead & make sure I know each move. The onlyone that may be questionable would be plyo legs which I haven't looked at yet.

Thanks for your help

Tami, no problem jumping in, though our check-in name is a bit of a misnomer! None of us are actually following Cathe's June rotation! :eek: But, a handful of us have done STS so we may be able to chime in. For me, I'd never be able to do what you're thinking about doing because I'm just no good at working out on my own. The one thing that will be pretty tough is getting the timing down of the rests (or non-rests if it's meso 1). You could always try it and see how it goes.

-Beth

So I did all my "to do" stuff. Been avoiding DH like the plague today. It was hard to birthday shop for him, when I'm not liking him so much today. Whatever. i spent a shitload on him, not sure what would have happened if I was LIKING him today! LOL!

I came home and did a 53 Minute run at the park WITH hills and the duck pond stairs (lots of them). It felt good. i used my music. I was in the mood for it and not CC so much.

Beth:
You can never do IMAX2 TOO much! The other day the Pina Colada Song came on the radio and I had this urge to "V-STeP"! :eek: Personally, i would put together a good mix of my running songs to run a 5K with. Music motivates me , it's crazy how much!

Joanne: Sorry you had a crappy workout today. i hate that, never getting into it. It feels wrong. Lalo is very deceiving , isn't it??? Hurray for finding your bike!! I should have rode today. I really felt like I wanted to AFTER my run.

Vilma:
Oh I wish my kids would get into reading this summer. The library does have a program for the summer. My oldest is my hardest. He has it in his head that he HATES to read, and won't. My other 2 like to read (esp my 9 yr old), but it takes away from PLAYING OUTSIDE with their friends. they don't sit still for a minute unless forced!

Tami: As Beth said, we aren't actually DOING the JUNE 09 Rotation. We started out doing the rotations together, and then branched off into different things, but stayed as our group. Sometimes we do them though! LOL!. ... I have also done STS, and I'm not so sure following a workout card would really cut it. You'd have to be SUPER motivated to time the work/rest periods and the number of reps. But I gues you could, if you wrote everything out?! What does everyone else think?

Okay.. off to plan/make supper (*shudder*)

Chris you are sooooo funny! Birthday shopping for hubby. What on earth did you find to buy him, if you don't mind saying? I never know what to buy Larry!! And father's day is approaching, not that we really celebrate these things much. He ran over one of his chainsaws yesterday and already replaced it this morning, and my first thought when I found out was that I won't have to feel guilty about buying Insanity! Did you guys see the hottie from the youtube video that was posted on vf?

On summer reading... in case anyone is interested, Barnes & Noble has a kid reading program where if they read 8 books, they can pick out a book for free (out of some preselected list, I think, so it may not be that great a deal, but perhaps it'll inspire?).

Chris, before I discovered cc, I used to run to U2, los lonely boys, etc. A couple of years ago when I was doing the 5k in question and I started petering out, I thought of a los lonely boys song and it got me going faster again -- maybe I should just do that.

Just got back from lunch where the only vegetable I had was..... french fries!!! :eek: I never eat french fries, but we were at a little french cafe and boy does that guy know how to make french fries!!

Ok, I must go write some checks.....

-Beth

Hey Beth..!

I'm hanging here in my pissy mood. NOT cooking, NOT looking for a good eggplant recipe, like I'm supposed to be! LOL!

My DH made a "list" at my insistance. He has no faith in me. He actually printed out PICTURES of the things he wanted. So I'm looking through the pictures. 2 Video Games (Terminator something or other and Resident Evil 5.) , 2 Red Sox McFarlane Sports Figures , and LASTLY .... A WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER! I'm like, "What???? An air conditioner???!" He says, "Oh I want one for our bedroom, it gets hot in there even with the central air on". I'm NOT buying an air conditioner for a bday present! Geesh !!

So I got him the Video games, and a $150 Gift Certificate from Best Buy. to cover the cost of the Air Conditioner, if that's what he really wants.

I couldn't find one of the games at BB, so I went to Game Stop and paid BIG freaking bucks for it. Again, I don't know why!

I have a ton of music that super motivates me to run. Let me know if you want my "running list", if you want more ideas... I used to have U2 on mine too, not sure where it went to. (Beautiful Day).

Hmmmmm... interesting choice of Vegetables! LOL!!!!!

Chris, I've been there - the not liking the DH so much! ;) Oh, they can be maddening sometimes, can't they?? Wow, you are generous! That's quite a list he had! My DH is horrible, horrible, horrible at birthdays. If I get a "oh yea, it's your birthday, isn't it?" I'm lucky. After 20 some odd years, I don't take it personally, holidays and special occasions just aren't his thing. So, after years of observing his birthday and buying gifts, I stopped observing his. I know, petty. But, he really doesn't seem to care. I do make a cake and make sure family sings to him and I offered to take him out to breakfast this year, but he said he didn't want to go. Fine. Yes, I want to see your running list!

Beth, oh yea, I'm buying Insanity too. I did see the video. Yikes!! Mmm, french fries - potatoes are good for you, right? Sorta, kinda. ;) If it makes you feel better, we just had a baby shower here at work. I had my Lean Cuisine for lunch, then of course had to have the sweets at the shower AND the cake. I feel like crap! Blah!

Chris (again! ;)), only Jameson and Caitlyn like to read and will do it just to do it. Ian has occasionally read something on his own, but not Colin. Hope you have a better evening tonight and tell your family we said they better appreciate you and BE NICE!!

Time to take my sugar-laden butt home. My family better BE NICE to me tonight!!

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.