June 09 Rotation Check in Monday 8th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Getting our thread started today...Not sure what I am doing for a workout. I thought about one off the hardcore xtreme DVD. Today is cardio with weights day...

Be back later..

Hey Kathy have a good time w/ your workout

I'm just so tired this morning thank goodness this is the last Monday of the school year. One girl didn't get picked up until 7 last night and I was trying to get the house ready for this morning but eh no more late sleepover stragglers on a school night. Granted she was great but thats usually our family time as we all settle down for the week.

It didn't help that I also had 7-8 17 yr old boys coming in and out and filling up every nook and cranny. Well my kids were happy.

Lean Circuit 1 on tap for me .

BBL

picture.php

Good morning! The forum seems to be having some problems this morning, from what I can tell. Happy Monday and yes, isn't it great to be the last Monday of school?! Whooo-hoooo!!! Of course, we'll be up next Monday for lego camp, but I think we can leave the house slightly later.

Vilma, I know what you mean about having the extra one into your family time -- just sort of throws things off a little. Hopefully things will settle down.

I did a netflix this morning -- I thought I had a cardio coming, but what showed up was Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 minutes weights, so I did that. Funny to be doing weights again! I added in her 10 minute ab routine, which was a good mix of things, though my heart (abs) wasn't quite into it. I'm still tweaking my rotation -- ug, I drive myself crazy with it, which is, I think, in small part why I loved STS so much! There was room to tweak the cardio, but I couldn't go crazy rearranging things!

Hey, I discovered a new website: drgourmet.com. You plug in you and your family's stats and food dislikes/requirements and it spits out two weeks of meal planning and recipes for you. In theory it sounds great. In practice, it tells me I should be having 1200 calories a day, which I'm sure is way lower than I do have, and, I wasn't crazy about the meal choices -- partly because what I looked at first was breakast, and I'm just not going to get that fancy on breakfast meals. Anyway, something to check out if you feel so inclined.

Have a nice day!!

-Beth

Hi again ladies..

Just finished up with workout #1 on the hardcore extreme DVD..It was great!!! Now time for lunch...

Beth: I am going to check out that website. I don't get fancy for breakfast either!!

Hey guys, I'm running late today. I woke up from a nightmare. I watched I am Legend last night and for whatever reason, it scared me crapless. So, I stayed in a little and did LIS+HIS double cardio. Joe was surprised I changed from Imax2 Monday but I told him that my body just wasn't there and I just love that warm up music to LIS! I wanted to do it yesterday but I had that stupid weird sinus headache that Chris has and it wouldn't go away until way too late in the evening. Joe was wondering if I could do CLX after dinner -- Beth/Vilma -- is it ok to do cardio the same day as a CLX circuit day if I have more then 8+ hrs in between? I mean, my body has rested so i was thinking it would be ok... the double cardio was way harder for me than expected. I think my sinuses have been acting up because I have been slacking on my cardio because man does the pressure relieve after the very gross mess it makes. But we'll see...

Kathy -- wtg on hardcore extreme #1! Do you think it's worth getting? I don't have a single compilation DVD and I always wonder if its worth the money.

Vilma -- last monday of the school year! woot! Does it get crazier or easier now that summer is here?

Beth -- drgourmet looks interesting. I use dailyplate for basic calorie counting. Is the 1200 calories net? And is it for the purpose of losing weight or maintaining? (cuz I'm sure you're hooooot.) 1200 seems pretty low for you active moms though and of course its a bad idea to actually only consume <1200 calories because of the metabolic switch that's made in the body but I'm convinced that 1200 is truly an arbitrary number. I don't have science yet to back this up, but i'm just convinced of it. If I liked working on mice, I'd put in some effort into it but I avoid the vivarium at all costs. I just netlflixed some Kelley Coffee Meyer stuff...she's interesting. I would really have to work on her though to get her routines down. She makes Cathe look slow on her cues! (or maybe its just familiarity at this point? Did I tell you that I'm trying to make an equation for vidiots to use? It's has a fitness instructor familiarity index to help you decide new workouts but I've been having a hard time setting up the parameters to make it easy/accessible but mostly true. Yes, I'm a geek but I only work on it when I'm not despairing about my degree...)

Oh btw, I managed to tire out Evee yesterday. First, I think she was a bti dehydrated because I asked Joe to fill up her water bowl and I'm pretty sure he didn't. We took her to the off leash dog park yesterday and it was a much better experience. A lot of older bigger dogs who aren't aggressive at all and sort of taught her how to play nicer. She ran around like crazy...she was even plopping on the ground their but it was like, "TOO MUCH FUN...CANNOT STOP...RUNNING...PLAYING..." It was awesome. When we got home, she didn't want to get out of the car and when we got into the hosue, she just plopped on the floor without even getting any water. I brought some for her and let her sleep but even after eating dinner she was just wiped. So for 30 minutes we just teased her for figuring out a way to kill all that energy. We're going to try and take her there every other day since its so light in the evening now but we'll see. I ordered that harness too so we'll see how that works.

Hmm...it science land, 20:00 means 20 hours not 20 minutes. WTG. Some hottiescientist I am...

Hi ladies. I didn't get a chance to check in this weekend. I did no workouts Friday or Saturday - I was just burned out. Sunday I did the 5k. I think I did it under 30 minutes, the clock said 29:30. That's 29 minutes, not hours, Hottie! ;) It was fun since it was all through my neighborhood. Beth I was thinking about your question about pacing during the race. I decided to start out faster and did the first two mile in about 18 minutes. I was running out of steam in the last mile, though. But I did run the whole thing.

Hottie, your posts crack me up! :) Good job on wearing out Evee! I wish we had a dog park nearby. Tully is very anti-social when it comes to other dogs. I want to give her more exposure, but there really isn't any opportunities. Our friends across the street might be getting a one-year old German Shepard. I'm hoping they learn to get along!

Beth, I'm driving myself crazy trying to think about what to do too! I like KCM's workouts. Oh, Hottie, yes, her cuing isn't the best (especially on the cardio workouts), but once you get it down, it's really fun. That site sounds interesting. I'm really in a meal-planning rut. Just running out of ideas that everyone will eat. I think 1200 is too low. I'd be starving. But if it's net calories (after you subtract calories burned) that might be OK.

Kathy, good job on HD extreme! Someday I need to try one of those.

OK, is this normal after STS? I did a new DVD today - Tonya Larson's Pump something or other. It was really good - an endurance workout. But, I was dying doing all the reps. It's like I have no endurance for high rep. And, I was out of breath like it was really tough cardio. It's really discouraging!! Maybe I'm just getting old?? I'm going to stick with these type of workouts for a few weeks to see if I improve. Although I'm thinking of trying Lean next week. See, I'm still confused about what to do!!

Today was our last day of school. Yea!! I think!! ;) Caitlyn's graduation was really cute. Let's see if I can post pictures. I got teary-eyed, but held it together really well. But today when I picked her up I started crying when I was saying goodby to her teacher. It was such a horrible/wonderful year! With her surgery and all that.

Have to run...kids driving me crazy here!!

Joanne

Attachments

• DSC01535.jpg
    DSC01535.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01547.jpg
    DSC01547.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 6
Hey Everyone...

Happy Monday!! It's a busy one for me today, with little sleep... I'm going to type until my other 2 boys come home and then run up to shower....

I ended up doing an easier circuit workout today, since on the rotation was an easier (beginner/intermediate) Cathe workout I don't have (BOdy Fusion). So I did Kathy Smith's Project:YOU, Total Body Circuit. I used heavier weights. It was kind of fun, a tiny bit challenging in places. ... I am tossed on what has caused the scale to move down for me, the circuits and more cardio or the tweaking in my eating. I am eating less during the week, but my weekends still crap out... it's so tough when I don't get sleep!.. So maybe it's just a combination of both...

Kathy: Maybe I'll try a Hardcore Extreme this week!! You go!!

Vilma: Sorry for your busy weekend and tired Monday ... That sounds like a lot of kid stuff all weekend there for you. It must have been nice to have them gone to school today, though. Are you starting CLX over again?

Beth: Fun to try different workouts! I'm going to give another thumbs up for the increase circuit and cardio after finishing STS. Even my scrub pants were looser this weekend!! THAT has not happened to me in forever!... That site sounds interesting. I'm always looking for new recipes and ideas. I'll check it out when I have time. Yeah, 1200 calories is WAY too low!?!?!

Hottie: Oooooh I'm sorry about that headache. I TOTALLY got ya, it drags your ass DOWN. And as much as you don't feel it, just get in a cardio and get the juices flowing (Sorry!). it was THE main thing that helped me last week, i swear. I feel for ya though, i really do.

OH! The bus is here! I have to go, but first I just want to say..

Joanne
, your daughter is PRECIOUS!!! How sweet she looks, and tiny! YOu could just eat her up!!

I'll BB in a bit...

Hey .. I'm back!

I have a few minutes to sit and drink my tea after supper... ahhhh!

Hottie: that dog park sounds like a great place for Evee!! It must be fun to see different doggies running around. Funny how it pooped her out so much... Your computer workout program thingie sounds cool! You are a geek!! LOL!

Joanne: WTG on the 5K!!!!! That is awesome!! And UNDER 30 minutes!!! It sounds like a lot of fun. they have a running thing here at the park on Mondays. It's for anyone/everyone. I guess it's a bit of a race. Once I saw them doing it, and parents brought their kids with them to run with them. I really should try it. It's just that mondays are killer for me with little sleep. Not to confuse you even more, Fitness Freak posted a cool Get Ready for Summer 2009 Rotation. Check it out, it's got more cardio in it, but works everything. It looks tough!

Beth: Did you see FF's Summer Rotation? I'm really thinking of doing it next. ... And then maybe Cathe's June rotation with the STS in it. OH , i should go check out that site your posted now...

Back after a crazy day -- talent show at school, so that took up a large chunk of the day.

I was in a meal planning rut myself, which is why I thought drgourmet might help. I'm not sure it's the right answer. I don't think those calories include any exercise, but I'm not sure, because I did answer some questions about workouts, but there were no questions about your goals -- pretty lacking in that respect. So, I don't know if they just look at your height and weight and assume you need to lose, or what.

Hottie, not sure about doing clx after a circuit workout -- I don't know that I would do weights twice in one day -- but, I'm probably too late for you anyway!!

Joanne, that is great about the 5k! I'm hoping to be under 30 minutes. It seems I usually come in right around 30. And yes, those pictures of Caitlyn are adorable!! What a cutie! I was thinking that the nurses in the hospital must have just loved her, and then Chris confirmed my suspicion. :) Thanks for posting. I made it through the talent show without tearing up -- I must be getting jaded.

Chris, I may have seen FF's rotation -- I saw one where she was concentrating on upper body, but then I saw someone wanted her to do a rotation with running in it -- I'll check it out. I think I'm fine with doing circuits and mixing it up for a while for a change. Oh, Hottie, yes, KCM is hard to follow for cardio -- for weights (which is all I did this morning), it was fine. Definitely mostly upper body this morning. A few squats and lunges here and there is all I remember. I love netflix!

So, is anyone going to Cathe's NY workout? :)

I'm trying a new recipe tonight -- Tex-Mex Chicken Salad. Pretty easy, and what I sampled so far tastes good, even though it sounds a bit strange perhaps.

-Beth

P.S. just fyi, myfitnesspal tells me I should be eating 2100 calories a day, not even counting exercise!!

-Beth

Joanne your Caitlyn is a cutie pie!

Today has been exhausting for me.

Hottie I usually add a 20 -30m cardio only before I do CLX weights just to get my muscles nice and warm.

I am going to bed soon I know its only 845 but the day/weekend I had I need to recuperate lol

Tomorrow is my Sophie's 5th grade graduation and girlfriend did not want a dress so instead she's dressing in a new outfit of cropped skinny jeans, a grey peace shirt layered over a lace cami and her converse sneaks - good lordy she looks like a middle schooler in those clothes ::sniff-sniff::

picture.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.