June 09 Check in Weekend 20th-21rst

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

I am not sure if I will be working out today. I planned to do Power Max. But, I must have stepped wrong on my foot or something yesterday because my left foot is hurting! It is achy right below my ankle. Between the ankle bone and the bottom of my foot. Not sure what is going on with it. I was hoping that it would be fine when I woke up this morning! Oh well...Hopefully, resting it today will help..

Last night, Chris' team won their baseball game. So, the team is still alive! They play again at 4:30 today...If the rain stays away!

Ok, hope everyone has a great day!!

Hey Kathy!... OFIS to you all (you figure it out! :eek:)

I can not even believe it is again cloudy, with rain coming this pm. This crap had BETTER clear up for our vacation next week. I'm also hoping Zach has enough energy to truck it around Hershey Park. *sigh*. Either way , we'll go, as long as he's not contagious... (after today, he's not "supposed" to be anymore).

what am I going to do today..... I wish I could go back and do HSTA, but my shoulders and triceps have DOMS from yesterday's 30 minutes. I guess it's going to be all cardio, and I want to get some abs in. I'll probably decide once I'm there ....

I am happy that I was able to eat good yesterday, in spite of my "trials" of stress (Swine Flu diagnosis and sitter issues and fatigue).

Funny thing, I dreamed about my father last night. But it wasn't a great dream. He was very ill and in the hospital with a lot of pain. We were in another state, so the hospital was very different. I stole some Morphine so I could give it to my dad. (which I didn't do after all, I told the nurse). It was so sad, all of it. I think I dreamt of him because yesterday a song came on the radio that always reminds me of when he died and I bawled. ... ("In the Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics:

...I wasnt there that morning
When my father passed away
I didnt get to tell him
All the things I had to say

I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
Im sure I heard his echo
In my babys new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years

*sigh*

Kathy: Sorry about your foot!! Hope it feels better... soak it in Epsom Salt, "they" say that's what helps sore muscles.. Good luck to Chris today! Sounds like exciting play offs!!!

Anyways, anyhow... these clouds are bringing me down, I better go work on sweating...

Good morning! OFIS, I guess! Chris, you are too funny!

Kathy! You should definitely not work out today! Just take it easy -- hopefully it'll be better tomorrow, as you say -- what a bummer! I hate when I do stuff like that.

Chris, a bummer about your workout yesterday, too -- I saw your fb post about the phone calls during it.

Sad about the dream, Chris -- I teared up just now reading the lyrics -- I remember that song. I'm so sad my dad never knew I had kids -- never even met Larry. And he only had granddaughters when he died, and I know he would have just had a blast with my crazy boys. Sigh.......

Well, with my broken butt I am holding off on any terminator workout. This morning I did Cindy Crawford's next challenge, which I got from netflix because people on vf said it's like squeeze stronger. I thought it had potential, but by the time I finished I'd wondered if I'd just wasted an hour. It wasn't that bad -- it wasn't awful to get through -- went pretty quickly -- and the lower body work was all just done with body weight, so it was good for my broken butt. But, it wasn't much of a workout and a lot of the upper body stuff was just plain strange. Oh well! It was different! I liked the format a lot -- it started with cardio, then lower body, which included a bunch of plyo moves, then abs, then chest, then more abs, then finish upper body, then a third set of abs. Unfortunately her ab work was pretty much all crunch variations, but the whole flow of the workout was kind of fun.

Ok, who really cares that much. :p Sorry! We are still kid-free for a couple of hours -- I think I should go spend some time with hubby!

Have a great day -- Chris, I hope all is well with Zach and work! Kathy, rest up that foot/ankle. Vilma, how's your daughter's elbow today? Waves to Joanne and Hottie! Happy Saturday.....

-Beth

Ooops, realized I never went back and read more posts from yesterday -- too much going on.

The boot camp yesterday was outside (well, even the dance part was) -- it did get a little warm, but it was ok. This is a program they will do all summer -- Wed/Fri from 9-12:30 for kids, but just til 10:30 for adults. The zumba part was a surprise and she did say she would come back a few times over the summer. This was supposed to be a lifesaver for me -- since I didn't sign the kids up for many camps I figured I could at least get to work a couple of times a week (briefly!).... but..... I really liked the workout! It was fun being there with my friends. I'll have to see about it. I did connect with an old coworker on fb, and she has an 18 year old daughter who could babysit my kids, so I may go that route.

Joanne, so funny that you mentioned that Jillian workout -- I have it in my netflix queue, but it's got "short wait" listed on it, so I haven't bumped it near the top yet. I want to try it. I also thought I might go back and revisit a couple of the slim series workouts. I don't know why, but I (obviously) seem to want variety these days.

-Beth

P.S. (ok, I'm going on and on and on).... the birthday idea sounds great, Joanne -- I'll bet it would be fun for all, even if exhausting for you. The party my kids are at right now looked really fun -- the parents had organized a lot activities for the kids (treasure hunt, etc.). Lucky for us, they have a younger son so Dylan was invited to keep him company and not bothering the big boys. I actually offered to have that boy come here, but of course he didn't want to miss out on all the festivities.

-Beth

Hi ladies. I actually have a moment to check in on a weekend! Well, actually I have lots I should be doing....but procrastinating.

((Beth and Chris)) - I'm so sorry you lost your dads too soon. I need to spend more time with my dad while he's here and bring the kids over more often. You've made me realize that.

Chris - OFIS - Ha!! We've had crappy weather too, what's the deal??

Beth, yea, I had that Cindy workout. Actually sold it on ebay a couple years ago. Some people really seemed to love it, but I didn't get all the raves about it.

This morning I did the hi/lo from Mindy's Action Packed. Wow, what a fun workout! She cracks me up.

Last night we took the kids to Greek Fest. I could tell storms were coming, but DH really wanted to go. It was all under a big tent, so I figured we'd at least be dry. Well, we got some food (the food is awesome!) sat down to eat and it started raining. Then getting really windy. Colin was freaking out cause he is terrified of storms. They're weren't many people there. They told everyone to get up quick and get inside the church building. I was like, oh no, is a tornado coming?? It turns out the rain had somehow gotten into the big fryer and caused it to boil over and hot oil was pouring out of it all over the ground. They were worried it was going to cause a fire. Yikes!! I could just see us on the news. They cleaned it up and the weather settled down. Then the kids had a blast riding their bikes around the parking lot and being goofy and dancing. Turned out to be fun, in a weird way.

Gotta go..doorbell..

Joanne

Hey everyone..

Quick one before I leave for work...

I got in a Turbo jam: Kickin Core, which is a FUN 30 minute cardio, followed by abs on and with a ball. I was pissed, about 15 minutes into it, Jes, my sitter calls, (again!) and asks if she can come over sooner (in 20 minutes) instead of at 1p. I politely told her , I was in the middle of my workout, which I didn't get to do yesterday, so , NO, she couldn't come. :p

Oh Beth, I feel the exact same way about my dad and my boys. He would have loved them too. And they would have loved him. I guess maybe because it's father's day and all it's kicking in more this weekend... (AND that damn song!!!) I was thinking about you and your broken butt and terminator, thinking "Not"! Glad you went with something else. So Cindy Crawford, huh? The model?...

Joanne: That Greek Festival sounds crazy! SOOO glad you guys weren't front page news! Wow on that grease!!! I don't think rain EVER spoils kids' fun, i swear. My boys were out all day , even though it was cloudy and icky out. Now it's drizzling, and they still want to go out!

okay, better get my stuff together to go to that 4-Letter word!!

Yes, the greek festival story was crazy! (and, just to note, I first read it as "geek festival" -- that's what your brain does when you live in silicon valley). Glad it all turned out ok!

Yes, Cindy Crawford as in the model. She did some workouts with "Radu" (as if we all know who he is!). The funny thing is that Larry used to have the hots for her in a bad way -- it was always Cindy-this, Cindy-that -- as a joke -- she was sort of "the standard" -- so I thought he would be amused when he caught the tail end of my workout this morning, but he didn't say much. I guess he's over Cindy. :)

Yep, father's day weekend can sometimes be tough. Joanne, and all, definitely spend some good time with your dads if you can!! (and your moms!)

-Beth

Hi All!

Lean Intervals & abs today.

I miss my dad so I am a bit melancholy today :(

I need to snap out of it though before I get really down.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your Sunday!

Hugs to all!

picture.php

Hi Vilma, and all! Happy Sunday! How is everyone?

I've got a sore throat this morning -- I guess I'm not going to avoid the summer cold my kids have had. I did a stretch this morning and I think I'll walk or elliptical later. I can feel my broken butt again, so apparently it didn't like Cindy.

Hope you all have a nice day!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.