June 09 Check in Wednesday 24th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!!!

Hope everyone is doing well today..

I will be pyramiding it today and I may hop on the elliptical..Lauren is having a friend over and we will be going swimming..Other than that, I need to catch up on my laundry and other housecleaning jobs...

Be back later..

Hi Kathy and everyone else!!

Hottie, what a cool combination - greyhound and pitbull! But, wow, yes, strong and fast for sure.

Beth, that's funny that the camp would call looking for your boys! Well, I'd never graduate from MIT with that swimming requirement. ;) Can't swim worth a lick!

We are really enjoying the pool, though. I took the kids after work last night. Caitlyn is really progressing. She discovered goggles and is going underwater now. She even asked me if she could take swim lessons, so I'm going to look into that. She took some last year, but didn't get too far.

This morning I did Rob Glick's Strength Training. Not the most original name! It was good, though. Lots of leg work.

Hot here again - mid 90s. I was going to run during lunch again, but I think I'll do a longer run tomorrow instead.

BBL....(Chris, hope you are having a blast in chocolateville!)

Joanne

Yes..... do you suppose Chris has already eaten chocolate today???? :D

Good morning! I am "with cold" (is that anything like "with child"?) and I had thought I might run this morning, but I knew it would just send me into a coughing fit. So, I did yoga -- feeling nicely stretched. I'm staying home from work today as not to spread the love (germs). The guy I work most closely with is headed to MN tomorrow for the world underwater hockey tournament, and I'd hate to mess that up for him!!

So, the kids are going back to art camp today -- I guess with my tail between my legs. Hopefully they'll have more fun today.

Joanne, my kids loved swim lessons yesterday -- I'm so happy -- it's a first for them. I think they will make nice progress. It's fun to see the kids having so much fun in the pool, isn't it? Got into the low 90s for us yesterday, too, but the fog is here this morning, so I'm hoping it stays a bit cooler.

-Beth

Morning -- Joe wanted to sleep in so my aspirations of getting my w/o done before we left were slightly muddled. It's ok though -- I did BC1 last night with Joe. I think I do that one the worst with form. I'm not very good at those lunge flys -- any advice? I think I'm "flying" wrong. Today I just have an elliptical run and BC2 on tap. Tomorrow, Joe and I are taking a personal day together which would be nice if we weren't spending the whole day doing house stuff (permits again). But I'm going to psych myself up for at least 90 minutes of cardio tomorrow so that should be fun. I think the scale is taunting me too. I just don't believe it right now. But my weight has been fluctuating so much lately that maybe it just finally stabilized and all those high numbers were just screwing me up. Oh well. I'll take it.

Kathy - does this mean your foot feels fine? Woot! have fun on the elliptical!

Joanne -- yeah, Evee is awesome. That's so cool that Caitlyn wants to learn how to swim. I wish I was like that when I was younger. Enjoy your day!

Beth -- I am very lucky that it hasn't climbed over 78 here. It's been wonderfully pleasant. I hope your cold goes away! Vit C and Antioxidants to the rescue right? I hope the kids like the art class.

MY GOSH -- I'm so sleepy...

Hi ladies...

I finished up with Pyramid Upper Body today..I was pooped out when I was done and decided against the elliptical today. But, I got an awesome workout!! We are getting ready to head to the pool...it is really toasty outside!

Hottie: Thanks the foot is feeling alot better. Every once in a while I get a slight twinge of pain. But, nothing to keep me down. I am trying a workout off the cardio hits dvd tomorrow!! Good luck with your workout. Sounds tough!!

Beth: Art camp!! How fun..Lauren would be in heaven!! Hope your cold is short lived. Colds are the worst!

Joanne: My kids have been loving the pool too. We went over last night when we got home from drawing. We only had about 45 minutes. But, they didn't care they want to go..Enjoy your run!!

Hottie, I'm with you...I'm soooo sleepy!! I remember those lunges with flyes being kind of awkward. If I remember right, some people on VF were saying to do the lunges with your pinkies facing up? Try to change the position and angle of your hands and see if it feels different/better.

Beth, how did the kids like art camp today? I'm kind of worried about mine at soccer camp this week - it's blazing hot. Then yesterday I guess Colin forgot his bag, so he had no drink. Him and Jameson shared the 1/2 bottle of Gatorade he had left from the day before. They had a water station set up for the kids, though, so that was good. And, they took breaks every 20 minutes.

Kathy, good job on PUB! Did you find it easier/harder after STS? It's probably best to give your foot a bit more rest.

We'll probably go to the pool again tonight. This time I'll bring a book. It's nice that they are old enough to go in without me - since I'm such a swimmer. NOT!! ;)

Vilma, I'm on the third Twilight book. The 2nd was OK, but did move a bit slow. This one is great so far, but I'm only a few chapters in. I just don't get enough uninterrupted time to read.

Time to get ready to go home and get a nap on the train!

Have a good evening all!

Joanne

JOanne: I thought PUB was just as hard!! It is a tough workout. Enjoy the pool..I usually take a book and watch the kids swim. I don't like to get in all the time..

Art camp was a bust again -- honestly, I think a lot of it is just not their thing -- they really like to draw, play with clay, that kind of thing, but there's just not that much of that. The woman in charge told me it looked like they were having fun -- when I asked Travis about that conflict of reporting, he said, "I was just trying to be polite." Hmmmmmm!!!

Our arena is nearly full of asphalt. It has to sit for about a month (we can skate on it within a few days or a week), and then they come back to put on the "street ice" stuff that makes it really smooth. We're trying to decide on paint colors: gray, green, red, blue (imagine tennis courts those colors -- this is basically a tennis court).
We are all very psyched!

I just got Jillian's No More Trouble Zones from netflix -- think I'll do that tomorrow.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.