June 09 Check in Wednesday 17th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today's workout for me is going to be Amy Bento's cardio pump hi/lo..I haven't done that in a while. So, I thought it would be good to give it a whirl..It is rainy here today..Not much going on for us. Lauren has a friend coming over to play with her...I wanted to do our weekly library trip today. But, we will see what time the kids finish their worksheets. They like to drag it out by complaining and not doing them! LOL

Ok, be back later..

Chris: I hope Zach is getting better!!

Joanne: I was reading yesterday's post and I also am with you on the weight gain. I am up about 5 or so pounds and some of my things are a little tighter than I remember..I have trying so hard lately..I do really well for a few days and then something comes up and all my hard work is out the window!! I keep trying to stay on track though..

Hey Kathy and all to follow!

Today seems like it will be a better day. The sun is shining, Zach is a bit better, no fever this morning, no throwing up. Definitely starting out better than yesterday... It gave me hope to hear the doctor say that DAy #3 of this would be the worst (which was yesterday). His sugars are still screwed up... high high high, but I'm checking them diligently and keeping them from going TOO high high high...

I feel so bad for him. Today is their Field Day at school. And it is finally a nice sunny day. I don't even think he remembers, and I'm not going to remind him. I guess he's done with baseball too. They're making up games this week that he'll miss, and next week , if all goes ok, we'll be in PA. *sigh* . It reminds me of 4 years ago when he was first diagnosed with diabetes. The last day of school and all went wrong so very quickly. I think I'm getting some of those feelings of dread back and I need to shake it...

So I did LALOFIT this morning!!!! Yes, it was my turn to do Lalo! I think I enjoyed it a wee bit more this time, since I knew a LITTLE what was coming and knew he wasn't going to be cuing me, so i counted on , my own. I have to admit, I called him a *itch a few times :eek: LOL! Some of those moves! :eek:

It sounds like we're all peas in a pod when it comes to working out and gaining a few pounds with snug clothes. I think about it, and working out has no longer become a "weight loss" tool, like it was initially. It's because I LIKE it, I LOVE it, I NEED it. Maybe that is what has changed. My eating is like yours, it's good for a bit, but the minute stress happens, I cave. And sadly enough, weekends = stress to me. I REALLY need to change that to lose these 5-ish lbs. I will keep trying!...

Off to check my little patient.....

Hi ladies!

Chris, poor Zach! Too bad he has to miss the end of the year stuff. That's the fun stuff! But, the important thing is it sounds like he licked this thing and is going to be back to himself soon. I know that feeling of dread - everytime we take Caitlyn to the doctor I get it. Luckily we usually get good news, but it all comes back. So, was Lalo good for you? Ha - bad joke, really bad joke!! ;) I do remember being annoyed at the lack of counting. I never knew when it would end! I was really sore afterwards, though, so I'll do it again. Working out isn't a weight loss tool for me, either. I've gotten into the mindset (even though I know it's not true) that I workout, so I can eat what I want. Obviously, that's not true for me. I do it cause I like it and I feel like I'm doing something for "me" when the rest of the day is about everyone else!

Kathy, you must be getting our rain from yesterday. It was just miserable. Today is supposed to be a bit better.

Today's workout was The Viper. Wow! What a sweatfest! I was drenched. It was fun, went pretty fast.

BBL...

Joanne

Hi! Our internet was hosed again this morning, so I'm at the office now -- kids are at a 3-1/2 "PE session" they are having at school on Wed/Fri through the summer. Whoooo-hoooo! There is a "no excuses" adult workout for half of that time -- I may try it someday.

Chris, so glad to hear Zach is better and hopefully past the worst of it. Getting the diabetes diagnosis must have been so scary! Yikes! Hopefully all of this is not going to screw up your vacation plans!!!

Joanne, with all our internet flakiness, I think I never was able to "whooo-hooo!" you on Caitlyn's good news -- that is terrific and must be a huge relief! Nice that she really enjoyed that picnic, too -- I can't remember, but did you say whether or not you'll stay in touch with any of those kids?

Kathy, that procrastination factor is so tough, isn't it?! Travis is a big time procrastinator unless he really likes the idea of the project. It's really amazing to me that he gets any work done at school. They must do a good job at making things interesting for the most part.

Well, I ended up doing BM2 cardio and weights premix this morning. I just didn't want to make my hamstring do too much. I'm going to really try to take it easy for the next week or so and see if that makes a difference. Did take a bath in epsom salts last night, and I'm not sure it did anything for my muscles but it sure relaxed me! Wow, I slept great! I think this is the first time I've used heavier (and really, not all that heavy) weights since finishing up meso 3, and wow it felt tough! I'm really afraid to go back and start over again (even though I don't have that planned any time soon) -- in a way I feel like my endurance is shot. Whatever.... I seem to have a much lower key approach to exercise lately.

....which reminds me..... it's so funny what you say about exercise no longer being a weight loss tool anymore, because this morning as I was doing some of that weight work I was thinking to myself "maybe dieting is easier!" and then in the next moment I thought about how much I like to eat. Gosh, it is soooo hard! I guess it's the aging process that makes it so tough, because it never used to be this hard. I was trying to think if there was any way we could help each other even more than we already do, because we all seem to do the same thing -- good, then bad! And I don't know about you guys, but in some ways I do better when I think about it less.

oh well, I really need to run now -- not much time and I've got to make good use of it.

-Beth

hi guys, I'm belated because I got stuck in lakers parade traffic. It ends at the coliseum which is right across where I work so it was a nightmare. What should have been 25 minutes was more like 1.5 hrs. I had wanted to do Imax2 in the morning and CLX BC#2 in the evening but now I think i'm going to do CLX BX#2 in the afternoon at the school gym (I successfully formatted it to my phone) and do Imax2 in the evening. I know I have Burn Intervals tomorrow but I just need that cardio perfection after this low energy slump. I had hoped to do it yesterday but considered it optional since it was in theory a "rest" day and I did a lot of housework (because man in piles up for from just ONE night out in the week). I tried to go to bed and I did wake up early but was waiting for the alarm to hit not realizing Joe had pushed it later over an hour. Needless to say I did not have time to do everything I wanted to do. But trying to be upbeat. I want to make sure I have energy at the end of the day too. I was thinking about getting a super early dinner at work so everything is nice and digested for home. But we'll see I guess.

Re: exercise as a weight loss tool -- I'm lucky in that it still works though I think its partly because of my falling off the horse. I'm still looking at another 10-15 pounds of fat to come off of me. I'm trying to make calorie counting more regular and that keeps me in check but lately, its making sure I have that exercise in. The doctor basically said I seriously needed to cut out stress and it's the only thing I can actively do to destress me. (I'm so much bitchier if I don't get to work out...I know I do a lot of functional workouts -- cleaning and gardening but its something different when you make that time of the day for yourself.) But sometimes, I wonder if the weight gains are more from our physiological response to stress than our eating habits...sure it doesn't help, but it just seems everything just piles on even more. Ehh, I'm just rambing now...

Kathy -- I think its just so impressive they stay on the ball at home! It just says how good you are at discipling them to do work. Have fun with the Bento Hi Lo.

Chris -- I'm so happy that Zach is doing better. I know this sounds silly, but after previewing Lalo, I'm CONVINCED I've seen him somewhere in LA I just can't remember where. It was probably at some big place like the Grove but I really think I've seen him before.

Joanne -- I'm in with Beth -- it's so awesome about Caitlyn! I'm sorry about the weight gain, it must be frustrating given how good you are about working out. But you had a ton of stress this year with your father and Caitlyn which is why I brought up the physiological stress response. But its true -- the reason why I want muscle is so I can eat more. I know cardio is good for the sweat but my motivation for weights is SOLELY so I can eat more.

Beth -- Did you like that BM2 premix? I hope your hamstrings heal fast. My quads were really bugging me yesterday. Get a Thai Yoga Massage! I love those -- I've been thinking about those for DAYS lately.

Man, how am I still sleepy?!?!

Ugh, well that was pathetic. I went to the gym, changed, went on the elliptical...to crap out on weight lifting. My mouth was dry and my throat was scratchy and I didn't want to do it. Back here trying to drink a lot of water...hope you all did better than I did today.

Hey girls...

Things seem to be settling down here. But my poor Zachy is still on "isolation" and I feel so bad for him. he DID get in the shower though, and I washed his blankets, so i do feel better about that... I think he does too!

Joanne: It sucks how it all comes back to ya, huh? PLUS, I get so melonchaly on the last week of school. Makes me sad to be missing the teachers and having to move on. Plus my boys being split into 3 different schools next year. *sigh*. I even started crying today, when I went by Zach's school and they were all out doing Field Day. Sappy me!!.... I actually felt like slapping Lalo today a few times! Rough, huh? I think it was when he said we had to do the squat, push-up, squat thingies again! :eek: Hey..!! Wasnt' the Viper "The Bomb"???? I want to do it again! Maybe I'll do the Gauntlet or something on Friday. ... hehehe! And YES! ... I like to work out to do it for ME too. Plus, hmmm, I think I'm a little addicted to the endorphins too, I really am!

Beth:
I keep meaning to mention something about your hamstring!! You should definitely lay off of it for a bit. Warm soaks, and stretches. Maybe find some good stretches online for hamstrings? But when I hurt my calf, the more I pushed it, the more it would keep hurting me. The at least 2 times a day stretches and laying off of Step (because that really aggravated it) for at least 3 weeks "cured" me!! Doing the BM2 premix was a good idea!! Definitely lifting weights after STS was a STRUGGLE for me, the endurance stuff was/is so much harder! But i think it's good we mix up our muscles so it's hard again...... I really have to think about what's going in my mouth, actually I've been thinking about it for so long now (as in counting points or calories, etc), i can't help but NOT think about it anymore.

Hottie: I saw the craziness on TV for the Lakers! They should have given you guys all the day off to 'celebrate', ya know? (even if you don't follow them, it would have been nice not to have to fight the traffic!!) Cardio definitley helps with the "slumps". Hope you get a good one in tonight!! .... LOL @ seeing Lalo around!! I bet you have! He's definitely an eye catcher!! ... You are so DEAD on when it comes to stress and weightloss/gain!! I'm so positive that has something to do with the difficultly in my losing weight, and gaining instead. I mean, I know it's my eating too, but I do think the stress is working against me/us too!

Today I bought a package of White Tea because I saw on a news segment how people who drank 3-4 cups of White Tea a day lost 4-5 lbs in a year, without even changing their eating habits! I'm such a sucker! But I love tea anyways... It can't hoit!

Chris, it's probably too late for you, but I just have to post and have a laugh with you about the white tea -- I'm ready to go out and try it myself!!! :D

Glad to hear Zach got all cleaned up (including the bed) -- that helps anyone's mood! Travis seems to be coming down with sore throat and nose issues -- nothing serious, just a bummer. There's supposed to be a major sleepover 10th birthday party Friday night (the birthday boy -- a friend -- is sick, too, so it may be postponed). Both my kids will be going, and Larry and I will have dinner with a friend visiting from Israel. If the kids don't go to the sleepover, they come with us.

So, I take it the Lakers won? I need to talk to my mom about it -- she's a huge fan, but we are so embroiled in family drama at the moment that there's been very little "light" talk.

Ug! I'm not in a very good space right now (family drama). Just wanted to connect with you all. Hope you are all having a nice, enjoyable evening! Hottie, hope you're in a better space!

Oh Chris, I'll lay off my hamstring as best I can -- you are right. I'm thinking of doing a light cardio tomorrow, and perhaps a yoga day Friday. I have been trying to stretch quite a bit, and roll on the foam roller when I think about it (that's so boring to me!!)

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.