June 09 Check In Tuesday 16th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today will be a cardio day!! I haven't decided yet what I will do...I will head to the workout area soon and decide...

Well, Chris had his 2nd baseball game in the tournament last night and his team lost...So, they have one loss now. They play their next game on Friday...

Anyway, time to get the kids started on their school work..I will be back later!!

Hi Kathy, and all!! Too bad about the lost game yesterday! :(

Well, I was all set for gauntlet today, and then last night my hamstring/glute really really hurt. So I put a cold pack on it and figured I'd do that BM2 cardio & weights premix, since it is mostly upper body (Chris, that's what always bugged me about BM2 when I first got it -- it seemed unbalanced to me -- not to mention so bloody long!). Anyway, when my alarm went off at 4:50 this morning (I have to go to work for a meeting soon), I just couldn't get up -- so, maybe I'll try for something later, maybe not. I'm not nearly so hung up on staying on schedule now that I'm done with STS.

Joanne, I forgot to tell you that this weekend when our gardening friends came, they brought along brother and SIL who were here visiting from Chicago -- they live in the Buffalo Grove area, fwiw. They flew out for a long weekend and spent Sunday helping us in the garden with the trellising and irrigation work -- that guy worked really hard! What a "vacation" -- midwesterners -- they are good people! (saying that as a former one married to a former one :)).

Ok, I'd better keep this short -- bbl probably..... (though I have to say, I got so much done around the house yesterday when our internet was down!).

-Beth

Hi ladies...

Beth: Thanks..the other team was more on the ball last night....Rest,sometimes our body needs a break!! Take care of that hamstring..

Ok, finished with Step Jam...I decided to go back in time with Cathe..I got an awesome workout done and I was a sweaty mess..

Hey Kathy and Beth...

Not sure if I'll get anything in for a workout today, Zach is really ill. I've been doing "WorryMax" and "Talk2The Doctor MAX" all morning.

Kathy
: Step Jam sounds fun! Maybe I will squeeze in a 30 min cardio , to help my mind..

Beth: oh, ouch! on the hamstrings...was it from your run? I know, I wish BM2 had more lower body too. The Viper was a perfect mix of all body parts (except abs).

Chris! So sorry to hear about Zach -- that's got to be very worrisome on top of the diabetes issues, I would think. On things for him to do -- does he like word searches or crossword puzzles at all? Or, what about puzzles? I dunno... just thinking. When is your school year done?

I've been sore in my behind area since I did CLX! It's just an on-going thing, some days are worse than others, and yes, I suspect the running aggravates it more than other things -- that's one reason I'm not keen on running more than once a week.

Hang in there -- we're all thinking really good thoughts for you and Zach -- for what that's worth!

-Beth

Chris, so sorry about Zach. I really hope he is feeling better soon. He's probably feeling so crappy right now that nothing is really appealing to him to do. I only quickly read yesterday's thread, but I think you said you had put a TV in his room? I'm not sure what else he could do if not reading. Maybe some really silly books, comic books, nothing substantial. Just fun stuff? Poor guy. I'm praying for a quick recovery and that the rest of your family stays healthy.

Beth, Buffalo Grove is a ways from us, but we have friends who used to live there, so we've been there a few times. Where did you live in the midwest? Do you think you injured your hamstring doing CLX? It's probably best to rest today.

Kathy, sorry that Chris lost his game! Good luck on Friday! Step Jam is an oldie!

I haven't been able to check in for awhile. Just craziness all around. I did workout Saturday. Wanted something quick and did CLX's Fat Burn Challenge. Sunday was a rest day (from workouts), yesterday was High Step Challenge and today has been a bust. I was going to do the Circuit City rotation, which is why I did HSC yesterday. I think I'm going to loosely follow the rotation and do circuits every other day. I got up to do my workout today (KCM Kickboxing) and Colin was downstairs sleeping. I didn't want to wake him so I did some LaundryMax instead and made the kids lunches for camp today. I was planning on doing an itread during lunch, but all he** has broken loose here and I'm not going to be able to get it done. :( Work is just crazy - I won't bore anyone with details, but I'm super stressed!! UGH!! I need to buy some lotto tickets.

I have some good news (for once, right? ;)) Caitlyn had her cardiologist appt. yesterday. They did an echo and the doctor said her heart looks, get this..."beautiful". :) :) He said we don't have to come back for a year. What a great feeling. Before that Ian had his 6th grade physical. So, it was a day of doctor appointments.

We did go to the heart picnic Sunday. Caitlyn really enjoyed it. She get saying "this is the most awesomest time I've ever had." They had pony rides and face painting - all the usual kid stuff.

Back to work stuff...can I just shut my door and scream pleeeze????

Joanne

Thanks you guys,... you all helped incredibly today. I didn't want to call my mom or sister to worry them, talked to one friend, but was still feeling "alone" in all of this, so thank you!!

Zach seems to be doing better this afternoon (*knock on wood*), his temp is below 100 and his blood sugar below 200. AND, he kept down some noodles and asked for Deviled Eggs for supper :eek:

The doctor thought that today, the 3rd day, would be the worst, and the turning point.... Here's hoping she's right!

I was a total lameass. I did NOT work out. I baked HEALTHY muffins, and then sat on the couch and watched DVRd Bachelorette and ate "crap". .. I'm pissed, because I'm just going to UNdo all the good stuff that Circuit City did for me. I need to straighten OUT...:confused:...

And the funny thing is, eating like that makes me sooo tired and sluggish, where I KNOW if I did a workout, I would have felt better. .. why why why??? LOL!!!

I will BBL... I 'm going to go lay down a bit, before I torture myself with making supper...:eek:

Chris, so glad to hear Zach is doing better. I was worried about him - I can't imagine how you felt!! I'm sure he's on the rebound now. I know - I'm constantly eating crap and feeling like crap and then thinking why the hell do I do that to myself??? I feel so much better when I eat better, but stress gets to me and I eat junk.

Confession - I've gained 14 pounds over the last year. :( :( I knew I had gained, but didn't know how much. I was feeling particularly fat and lumpy yesterday so I resolved to start tracking my food on mydailyplate again. I need to be accountable to someone/something. Well, I signed in and it had my weight from last June. Yep, 14 pounds lighter. Yikes! So, yesterday I did great with eating and logging it in. Today, I did great until 10 minutes ago when I ate 5 Dove dark chocolates. I've got about 300 calories left for the day. Oh, it has me at about 1,700 calories a day to lose 1.5 pounds a week. I remember we were talking about that last week. I'm going to try to run when I get home if the rain lets up and my family cooperates! It's raining right now, though so we will see. I'm going to try to eat a light dinner. Tomorrow I'm planning to do the Viper - thanks for reminding me about it!!

Thanks, Joanne.. :) You guys are mommies and understand, (Evee definitely qualifies you as a mommy, Hottie!).

Oh I so know your pain on the scale issue. I'd say I'm about 5 lbs heavier than last year, and I just hate that my freakin shorts don't fit anymore. Hate it. It was nice when I used to grow out of my shorts the OTHER way when I was losing weight... That's one thing I need to do this week, if I can find the time and if Zach is better, buy new shorts for next week's trip! :eek:

Ooops! Hit a button and my post posted! At least I didn't lose it! LOL!!!!!

I find myself giving in to stress way easier than I used to to. Or maybe the stress is worse?? who knows...

I have to do better at tracking , I'm doing Sparkpeople. I think 1700 cals sounds right too!

Okay, better get my kiddos going...

Hey! I've been away most of the day, obviously!! Chris, how is Zach by now? Nice to hear the temp is down 100 is a lot less scary than 103 somehow.

I do think I may have done some sort of damage to the hamstring during CLX -- if you remember, I put on a weighted vest for some of the work to get into my legs more -- perhaps that was a mistake! I'm not sure what to do about it now -- it felt better when I woke up, but after sitting/walking/sitting/walking all day, it's hurting again. Ug! Anyone ever have hamstring problems?

Joanne, I was born in Michigan and lived there 'til I was 10, then Ohio for a couple of years. Then we moved to Tennessee for a couple of years, and finally out to southern CA when I was in high school. All that non-CA stuff seems very long ago and far away. Did I tell you guys that my sister went to Michigan for her 50th birthday? That's where she wanted to go. Well, she's just back and they had a great time. I was relieved, cause it seemed a crazy idea to me. (hello, Hawaii?)

Hottie, I checked out that game for Dylan today, but decided I could probably just find stuff on the computer for him. I bought him some math game for the DS once and it just frustrated him.

I hope! I will do gauntlet tomorrow. I did finally buy some epsom salts and maybe I'll try that tonight, but, I think this may be something that needs more than epsom salts.:confused:

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.