June 09 Check in Tuesday 11th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Not sure what workout will be done today..I know it is cardio..I was considering Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge..I think I have most of the first one down now...

Not much else going on for me..I am going to do some baking and cleaning for the inlaws..I need to get the bathrooms cleaned and the rugs vacuumed...NOt sure what I am baking. Probably cookies for the kids and maybe a pie or something for dessert while they are here..We also are making our weekly trip to the library today..

Be back later..

Hey Kathy! Hey girls!

Sounds like a nice busy day, Kathy. I have the urge to vacuum and clean and bake just by reading your post! AND going to the library! LOL!... Have fun with your cardio, whichever you do today...

I'm done with this weather. Done, I tell ya! The clouds have not left, it rained this morning and it's cool dark and dreary once again. The forecast is for the clouds to stay , but no real rain. So my plan is to do 1/2 hour of cardio this morning inside (not sure which yet) and then I *AM* going for a run later. I'm so annoyed this weather has kept me from running. Not sure how much I can get in after the boys are out of school... So next week is my last week. The boys have outside Field Day today. The school said even if it rains, they're doing it, to bring extra clothes. The Outback caters their lunch... lucky ducks!

Going to look at Cathe's dvd's and premixes to see which cardio I want to do now...

BBL!

Good morning!

Kathy, are your in-laws there just for the weekend? Good luck with the cleaning and baking!

Chris, sorry about the weather -- what a bummer for field day! But at least they'll eat well. :)

I did yoga this morning. Feeling good after it, as usual. After all my churn about tomorrow's workout, I think I will do lalo. Not exactly a circuit, but I guess sort of. I'm just not in a groove yet with this rotation!

I slept a little better last night (post-potato), but not as well as I did those first few nights with the potato routine, and it made me wonder if the heavy lifting was helping me sleep better. Something to ponder.....

Chris, I was to read the Racing book -- sounds good -- but I think Travis will blow a gasket if I start another book without reading Twilight. He really wants me to read it! So funny.

Another crazy day here -- the kids get out of school even earlier -- last day, and they just go til 12:30. Turns out Travis has a birthday party to go to tomorrow, so we'll zoom to town before piano lessons and find a present.

Off to write a couple of more teacher thank you's. Have a great day!

-Beth

Good Morning!

Kathy sounds like a busy day for you, I love library days! Have fun.

Chris I do not do well with that type of weather at all, it really affects my moods something terrible so I can only imagine how wanting to go out for a run and you can't. I've seen runners out here doing there runs in the rain, maybe if it warms up you can too?

When I was on the track team in HS they made us run in all types of weather in NYC ick rain, cold you name it but I loved running in the rain during spring time.

I actually did run outside yesterday ( erm not a good idea for me as I got more than my share of bugs in my mouth, up my nose, hair skin ewwww) I came home and went straight to the shower ick ick ick. I think I'll stick to my treadmill lol.

Beth
what rotation are you on? Post potato so it really works to help you sleep well? I usually have a cup of soy milk if I need something before bed. Enjoy the last day of school crazies - did that yesterday.

Fat Burn Challenge & Burn Circuit 2 are DONE! :D

Now I can get some housework done & get my bushes trimmed out front. Then go into town and do a bit of errands.

Actually need to go to the immunization clinic on base and have the youngest get her 6th grade shots TD I think - its the law now for all entering 6th graders in NC.

She'll be thrilled :rolleyes: If not today then very soon...plus I have to make an appt w/ the portrait studio here for my DS's Senior pictures by the end of the month.... They have the rising Seniors get them done early for yearbooks and senior photos for school. OY! I can just see the money just flying out of my pockets.

He is having bad luck finding a job as no one is hiring, all his friends are in the same boat.:( My son is thinking of volunteering this year at the animal shelter and on base instead of the hospital like he did last year.

Dang I'm writing a book here so it's time to get off for now :eek:

picture.php

HI ladies...

Chris: Hope you enjoyed your cardio today. I did..I am with you on that rain. I am SICK of rain. It rained here again last night. The news said it was suppose to be nice this weekend. I sure hope so..

Beth: Yes, my inlaws, niece and sister in law are coming tomorrow from PA and staying until Monday morning...Hubby is taking his dad and sister into DC Sunday since we have baseball on Saturday and chior...

Vilma: Yeah, Lauren had that shot last year. She just finished up her 6th grade year..Lauren wants to volunteer at the animal shelter too. Does your son love animals? Lauren does...at one point she wanted to be a vet. Then decided she couldn't handle seeing them when they were really sick..Maybe she will change her mind. Right now she is really into drawing and computers..

Ok, finished with Advanced Step Challenge..I really like that one. Probably because I can remember all the steps!! LOL now, time to get that to do list done...

Man, if I could give myself an oil change, I would. I've just been feeling sluggish and have been having problems going into higher gears for a while now! And I can't believe it's Thursday!! Yesterday was weird -- those pains I had last week were creeping up ALL DAY. The doctor said it was important for me to not let my stomach get too empty so what did I do? I ate EVERY time the pain started rearing its ugly head which was a lot! In fact, these last couple days I've really been eating more than usual and getting hungrier at odder times. AND AND -- the scale is being mean to me though I'm telling myself its water weight. I'm telling myself that too when I measured my waist! ;) Anyway, I did BC#2 last night and it was MUCH better. Picking the right weight is so critical to making it work. Though, I feel like i'm hurting my back when trying to do proper form sometimes. I went to bed way to late and had dreams and was just exhausted and sore in the morning! Barely could get up. I dropped Joe off at the train station and came back to where Evee was being incredibly fussy all morning. I did Burn Intervals. I had some issues because of the soreness and it was new so it takes me a bit. I have to say though -- is Chalene some KB person? Because man, there was a totally different energy when she did the KB drills! And it was super fun and intense! But I am worried about my shoulders. I have super lax muscles in my shoulder and I've been bad about doing my strength exercises for them. There are so many exercises that put strain on the shoulders though (or am I doing it wrong?)! Like at one point, when we were doing bicep curls in the latter half of the workout -- my bi's were fine it was just my shoulders were killing me at that point. But that stubborn part of me is kicking in again...I want to take another shot at that vertical routine from the KCM if I can again. We'll see what I say at the end of the day! I have to wait for Joe to quit having fun at some party after work tonight so we'll see how grumpy I am too.

Kathy -- can you bake for me too? Just air mail it to me CA. ;) I'm so excited -- there is a teeny tiny library branch a litle over a block from where we live now. I'm going to check it out hopefully this weekend.

Chris -- i think you'd like the current weather in LA. It's pretty cloudy and cool in the morning until the late afternoon and then the sun comes out in full glory with the most pleasant temperature ever. I'm soaking it up now because I know it'll be gone in a couple weeks if not sooner. I hope you get that run in.

Beth -- man, I wish today was my last day of school. Yoga sounds like such a good idea right now...maybe I'll do that instead of another shot at KCM when I get home...or both if I'm really ambitious. I have to write thank you's too...I used to keep some in my tote bag so I could do this stuff at work when I was avoiding SCIENCE but ever since the move I've just been out of whack which is prety sad since its going to be almost two months!

Vilma -- YOU write a book??! Are you making fun of me? :) Oh shots...it's weird how some people have no issue whatsoever and others will squeal. That's cool that your son wants to volunteer.

YAWN....half the day is gone too....

Hey girls!

Well.. got in an at-home cardio. i did the first 2 combos of Rhythmic Step (YAY!.. SO FUN!) and then as dreary as it was out, I put on my running clothes, and off I went to the park! Holy crap, the endorphins are THE SAME and let me tell you , the skies could have opened up and poured on me at the end of my run and I would have loved it!! I'm still high off of it, even in the cloudy, dreary, drizzly , cool weather, being outside does something to me!..

The kids had a blast at Field Day, they didn't care either!

Beth: Just put "Racing" on your list of books to read, k? Sorry you're not feeling the rotation yet. Did you start? Will Lalo be your first Circuit? I do think it's a circuit workout. You'll get into it, I have faith in you! :) Hope your busy day is going/went well!

Vilma: LOL @ bugs in your mouth. Luckily , no bugs, until I cooled down. Then they started to swarm...But i was feeling to happy to let them bother me. ... I swear, i think it gets harder to get the kids shots as they get older. Poor baby!! You'll have to get her a treat! :) That sucks about your son and a job. I'd think people would be hiring temporary, because it's all they have. Maybe something wil turn up?

Kathy: YAY for ASC!! Sounds 'advanced' and 'challenging'.. LOL!. Hope your visit goes nice. It sounds like fun! Where are you again? In Maryland? I might be close to you when we go on vacation. We're going to Hershey, and then Gettysburg, and then to visit a friend in Hampstead, MD. Are you around there?

Hottie: Seems weird that the doctor would tell you to eat when you're stomach was gnawing. i don't think it SHOULD gnaw like that. There are meds you can take to stop that. Like zantac, nexium, etc. I guess, depending on the cause. Does he think it's reflux? You know me, full of medical questions, it's my nature! HA! ... Chalene is a kickbox person. Her turbo jams are pretty much based on kickboxing and hip/hop. So I can see where she'd get energized during it!... Your weather does sound wonderful!! Send it here!!! esp the sunny in the afternoon part!!! :cool:

Cooking supper and typing at the same time! Multi tasker I am!:eek:

Hottie: I would love to bake for you...I love to bake just not to have it around the house. Too tempting...Hope you are feeling better! Enjoy your library visit. We always do.

Chris: I am in Northern Virginia...Manassas to be exact...Which is a little south west of DC..We love it her..We went to Hershey about 2 years ago. It is about 4 hours from our house. It was lots of fun! I wish I was closer to where you are going. It would be fun to hook up! Oh love RS!!! Glad the kids had fun at field day. Mine do it every year and have a blast!

Ok, now I have to resist chocolate chip cookies and bundt cake...That is what I decided to bake for our guests this weekend...Hubby had something after work today. So, the kids and I ate frozen pizza for dinner. Now, I am feeling like a cow! I NEED TO EAT BETTER!!!!

Kathy, moo! -- you could hardly be a cow!!

I have been MIA today -- just away too much. It felt like a really long day, and I've yet to cook dinner and water the garden. We just came in from piano lessons.

Vilma/Chris, I've actually just finished my first week of post-STS after the recovery week. I'm trying to do a mish-mash of total body and circuits, but I wanted to fit kettlebells in too, and well, there are just too many darn workouts and I'm too crazy with switching up things!!!

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys -- I previewed that Firm Cardio Mix last night to see if I wanted to do it. As soon as it started playing I got so nostalgic and thought I'd love doing it -- it was the old firm -- the strange old film footage of the guy jumping rope, the booming man's voice talking about the innovative new exercise method with weights, etc. Allie was Allie Strickland back then, and they were in the mansion. But, I have to tell you, the more I watched, the more I thought "I'm not doing this!" -- it just seemed like too much repetition of lunges/squats, and you know, firm stuff. So, I mailed it back to netflix without doing it. :p

Shots for teenagers -- brutal! But perhaps more brutal for the mom who has to take them!!! :confused:

I will definitely put Racing on my list. We had our bookmobile visit today (the bookmobile has to be one of the best things about living here -- they have gotten to know what we like and they bring us special stuff each time -- it's just so cool!), and spur of the moment I picked up another two books to read. Hottie, those little branch libraries are the best, because you can request anything there, but it's so easy to scoot in and out of them. I loved them in San Francisco. They were always in really old buildings with great character, too.

Ok, off to figure out dinner. My pad thai last night was a hit -- I was so happy!

-Beth

Oh, p.s., Hottie, I have to chime in with my non-nursely advice here.... ask your dr. if citrucel would help. Larry's dr. recommended he start taking it, and it's helped his stomach issues hugely!!

-Beth

Hey Beth: Thanks...But, I sure feel like one!!LOL...I know the FIRM workout you are talking about...I think the older FIRMs are really though. I still think Cathe is more advanced though...I remember those bookmobiles when I was in school. Don't they sell all scholastic books?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.