June 09 Check in Thursday 25th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Hope everyone is doing well today...Today is our library day and we have plans this afternoon to go swimming...For my workout today, cardio is on the agenda...I am going to do a workout off the cardio hits DVD. I forget the name.

Ok, be back later..

Beth: sorry to hear the kids are not enjoying art camp. What are they doing there? Crafts? Lauren loves anything art...She loves crafts and clay and drawing, etc. Is today their last day?

Hi All!

Treadmill Run for me today ...then off to get DS to the portrait studio to get his HS Senior photos taken.

I so just need to get up when my alarm goes off :eek: Ugh!

Have a great day all

picture.php

Good morning -- starting my "personal" home work day a little later than intended. Today on tap is cardio and some abs work and maybe finishing BC2 because my husband's cell phone kept on continuously calling my house in the middle of my workout last night. Very annoying. Going to shove some breakfast, digest, and start a sweatfest...

HI ladies..

Checking back with Power Max done...Happy that my foot was ok during the workout..

Hottie: I hate to have my workout interrupted. Hubby calls alot during my workout time to check in on us...Anyone else that calls gets the answering machine and I call back. Hope you get a good workout today!

Vilma: Have a great run and have fun getting those senior portraits done with your DS!!!

Good morning! Kathy, I'm glad to hear your foot's doing well! That's a relief to you, I'm sure. Does your sister arrive soon? It's your sister who's coming, right?

The art camp.... the problem is that they are not doing all that much hands on stuff -- they do a little drawing, some paper making (which my boys think is boring) and then music/dance/skits. My boys don't like the latter bit at all -- they just want to draw and use clay and stuff like that. They'd love crafts, but apparently that's not what it's about. It's a shame -- it was supposed to be all week, and I suppose I should just make them go, but I feel like life is too short -- I'm not going to try again.

Our big news is that we got our hockey rink in -- it's so cool! The boys are already out there playing, and they haven't been up half an hour! Larry is finally going to get some regular cardio exercise! I think this is going to be great. The other thing that helped us decide to do it was that because we are sort of far out in the boonies, we felt we might need a "draw" as the kids get older, to get their friends coming here.

I did Jillian's No More Trouble Zones this morning -- I liked it, but my quick preview last night surprised me in that I thought there would be cardio drills in it. So, I decided I would just pause it and do some cardio, so I went ahead and put on my hrm. Well, the joke was on me! That workout has an awesome cardio factor! I added nothing in, and my heart rate was up a lot. I think my numbers were 124 average and 150 high. I'm not sure I'll buy it, but I'm going to keep it and do it one more time at least (it's from netflix). It's sort of like lalo in the cardio factor, but without having any cardio drills built in the way he does. I just wish Jillian wouldn't repeat circuits -- that part drives me a bit nuts, but it still went pretty quickly. Worth a try! I did it with 5 pound weights (she uses 3!).

As for phone calls interrupting workouts.... if you workout at 5am, that doesn't happen much (though I have had it happen more than once, believe it or not! Since we take care of a lot of Larry's mom's stuff, sometimes people calling on that don't realize we are in PST).

Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Hi ladies!!

Kathy, Power Max has a special place in my heart, ;), it's one of the first Cathe's I mastered! Glad your foot is feeling better.

Vilma, hope the pictures went well. It seems so early, before the year even started, but I'm sure it's good to have them out of the way. Are you doing an itread today?

Beth, wow, that hockey rink sounds so awesome!! I know my kids would be all over it. I'd say let the kids skip the art camp. Is it an all day thing? If the director calls again looking for them, just tell her it's not their thing. Or, if you have caller ID, don't answer the phone! ;) I did Jillian's No More Trouble Zones last week. You're right, it really does have a cardio factor. I liked it, but didn't like repeating the circuits too much either. If it was a really tough one, you knew you had to do it again. I'm going to try her 30 day Shred - I think it's supposed to be similar.

Hottie, which cardio did you do? I work out early in the morning, so if the phone rings it's usually not good. I've occasionally, very rarely, worked out during the day. The worst is when someone comes to the door - I hate to answer it all sweaty and out of breath. I can imagine what they think I might have been doing! ;)

I just did 5 miles on the treadmill! Go me!! I used a 60-minute itread. Love those itreads! They push me way more than I would do on my own.

I'm procrastinating - I have to write a not so good review for someone I supervise and I hate it!! The worst part will be discussing it with him - he's very sensitive. Ugh!!

BBL...

Wow, I feel awesome!

So, I did...Burn Intervals. My heart rate really didn't get that high but I was shaking a little bit in my butt. I then did KCM's vertical Step Boxing premix and then tacked on Ab Burner. I thought about doing the exercises of BC2 that I didn't get to yesterday but I was so spent that I decided against it and maybe later after my body has replenished those precious electrolytes.

The thing is, very very very few people have my landline. And I figured out that Joe's phone was automatically calling me so I kept on picking it up to try and terminate the the thing. I even screamed into the phone with the hope that Joe would hear me. Went on and on and on -- I just couldn't ignore it. I thought about unplugging the phone but by that point I was just grouchy. I'm glad that he didn't interrupt me in 4DS BC because then I would have been vengeful. I can be interrupted in weight work but NOT cardio. Better be a damned emergency.

Kathy -- Powermax is one of the classic ones right? I've decided to not be tempted by any DVDs until I get STS...with the exception of the terminator. That's the one that I *may* allow myself to get before STS. I'm so happy your foot is better!!

Vilma -- ahhh, senior photos. I don't think I have any copies of it anymore, my family just gave them away. I wonder how guys prepare for the pictures...havea good run!

Beth -- I thought the same thing about the early moring workouts. I think I like to mix it up though a little, some in the morning some in the evening, or that my be my excuse to not workout in the morning. I still curse myself because I end up waking early, just not moving early. DANCE SKITS?!?! Oh, I totally don't understand why boys may not be into that! Not! I totally think people would come to your hockey rink even if its in the "boonies." Hey, maybe you can make the whole area a paintball ground and then Joe will drive up to play with them.

Joanne -- GO YOU!! :) Maybe I should look into those itreads and CC. Joe was turned off when I explained it to him because he just turns off his mind when he runs (typical) and now that he has Evee he has all the motivation he needs. But on machines, I just go so limp. I get such a better workout at home doing Cathe DVDs. I hope you can get through the review...

Ok, off to go super house wife crazy but with my weighted vest on. I SWEAR I will lose at least 5 lbs by the end of the summer or...I'll probably drown my sorrow in ben and jerry's...

Beth: Yes, it is my sister that is coming. Actually both of them. They are driving up from Florida making a stop in NC to visit our Aunt. They will be here Sunday..Dance skits in an Art Camp? I don't understand that?! Well, maybe they are saying it is a camp for the arts and dancing is an art? I probably wouldn't make mine continue either..Well, you know next time that this camp isn't for your boys...Cool, yeah the hockey rink is done!! What super fun that will be!!

Joanne: Thanks, I was so happy that the foot was ok..I was a little easy on it at first and as I went into the workout, I tried to do it like normal and was pleased that it was ok..

Hottie: Yes, power max is on the cardio hits dvd. I think it was one of the first ones she did. I really like it. But, I would get the terminator dvd first. That was is better!! and of course STS...If I don't get some results on the weight loss, I may join you on the ice cream binge!!LOL..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.