June 09 Check in Monday 15th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today I need a workout bad..My eating this weekend with company here was not the best! So, back to eating better and working out. I rested all weekend from my workouts. Today is a cardio with weights day...Not sure what...Beth: How was that premix on BM2? Maybe I will take a peek at that one...

Hope everyone had a great weekend....I need to go read the weekend thread!!

Morning.

I barely got any sleep so no wearly mroning workout for me. On tap was the first half of Imax3 and BC#1 but I just can't do it. I probably will just head out to the gym after I really wake up to get on the elliptical and maybe do the CLX exercises while I'm there. I really should format a copy for my phone so I could watch it there. Hope you all had better sleep than me!

Kathy -- think active recovery! You know, witho mouth exercises! BM2 is sure to knock out weekend indiscretions for sure though...

Hello All!

I need to go back and see what everyone was up to this weekend as I wasn't online or home.

I ended up driving with my girls to the beach for the weekend as DH had to work and DS did not want to hang around us PMS girls (his words :rolleyes: ) he wanted to hang out with his friends instead lol

I got back last night and I am still tired; I may be a bit dehydrated from all the sun & sand... We had so much fun.

It was nice just being us girls w/ no boys around :p

Anyhows it's back to the normal routine here as I have tons I mean TONS of laundry to do.

On tap for me is a good cardio - I had way too many carbs this weekend :eek:

I'll BBL.... to catch up w/ you all!

picture.php

HI ladies..

We are headed off to a picnic with our homeschool group..But, I wanted to pop in and say that I finished the Body Max 2 premix cardio and weights...I loved that one. I liked BM2 done this better than the original...

Ok, I pop back in when we get home from the picnic..Chris has a baseball game tonight. Game 2 of his tournament. They won game 1 on Saturday...

Hey Girls..

So glad I stayed home last night. Zach's temp went up to 103 and his sugars were off. DH did most of it, and i took over this morning. Took him to the doctors and they swabbed him for strep, Swine Flue and Mono. *sigh* I'm going to run to Walmart after this and get his script for Tamiflu. He feels awful, the poor kid. I feel so bad for him....

I did end up getting to do a super long workout late morning , after the doc's visit. For the first time I did: The Viper. OMG, how fun (and tough) was that??? It's 4 or 5 cycles of #1 C&W cycle, #2 IMAX2 cycle and#3 a ME cycle
It was very long, but fun in a Cathe/crazy sort of way!!!

So Kathy, was the BM2 a circuit and involve upper AND lower body? or just upper? I might try that later in the week! ... Good luck to Chris at his game. Poor Zach is missing his game tonight. I feel so bad for him :(

Hottie: Sorry for your lack of sleep. That sucks! Good idea on waiting til later for a workout and energize yourself when you need it this afternoon!!

Vilma: Ooooh Im' so jealous! A beach weekend!!! That sounds so nice. The salt air always makes me feel so much better, mentally. Bet you do a CC today!?!?! Doing laundry here, but DH is home helping....

Beth: That One on One sounds kind of cool! But yeah, 20 minutes of Core at the end, not sure about that either! Whatcha doing today?? When is your kids' last day of school or was that last week?.

okay, better run, gotta get to Walmart and the grocery store to get stuff to make my sick boy chicken soup...

Chris so sorry to hear about Zach, so when do you get the results back?

I ended up doing an iTread it was a nice hour long endurance run and I tell you Grace always manages to kick my butt :D I almost did CCv5 but decided on one I had not done in a long time.

Laundry is still going on and I'm a sweaty mess as I just sat down to eat my tuna before my shower. Ick :eek:

picture.php

Hey! Our internet has not been functioning -- can you tell?! :)

Chris, poor Zach! I'll bet he is miserable! Hope that tamiflu kicks in fast.

Kathy, I never did the BM2 premix -- I didn't really like the way it was set up -- I may try the one you did today sometime. This morning was cardio for me, and when I woke up I felt like I had a hangover -- I think it was a caffeine hangover because I only had a couple of sips of wine last night. So, I needed something a little easy. Decided I would do the step only portion of imax 3 -- so I did that, and it was fun, but then I felt warmed up, so I did a few of the blasts. :) And then I did a really nice long stretch -- my body is feeling really sore and beat up lately, for some reason, so I'm adding in more stretching at every opportunity.

I may try gauntlet or viper tomorrow morning.

My kids had their last day last Thursday, and we started "home schooling" this morning and Dylan is driving me crazy wanting more and more and more home schooling. It's almost time to take him to lego camp. Travis and I will go to work briefly, then I take Travis to his dr., and then back to pick up Dylan.

back later, most likely......

-Beth

Chris: Sorry to hear that Zach is so sick..I hope he feels better soon!! I like that viper workout too..I think I may do that one too at the end of the week!! The cardio & weights premix starts with the BM2 warmup then you do the 1rst step combo then a few arms segments that are at the end (sitting on the stability ball) then another step segment another few arm exercises then the last step combo and the rest of the arm workout..then you finish up with the abs and stretch..I liked it alot!!

Vilma: I am doing the laundry thing too. I have alot of towels and sheets after the company this weekend..

Beth: That is great that Dylan wants to keep learning. Are you doing workbooks? I love the gauntlet and the viper. I may do one of those at the end of the week..tomorrow is cardio!! I am thinking of FIRM Ultimate Calorie Blaster. I have always like that one..

Kathy, I don't have any workbooks for Dylan at this point -- I don't think. Need to look and see if maybe I had bought some for Travis and he never did them. I was just making stuff up! We did subtraction flashcards, because he needs a lot of work there, and then he wanted me to make up a page of 40 math problems for him to do in 10 minutes. He did not finish them in 11 -- his teacher told me he is very slow because he's very careful (not distracted), but she said in second grade this could prove to be a problem for him. So, I need to get him to be able to do some of this stuff faster! (math he just needs to memorize better -- not sure how to fix his slow, careful writing).

Chris, did you see the FF posted a rotation with running in it? It's basically two total body workouts, one circuit, and two days of running (one shorter, one longer). It sounds intriguing, but I think you mentioned that it's going to be hard for you to run with the boys on summer vacation, is that right? And, personally, I'm not sure my body can handle two days of running per week -- I always feel so beat up after I run -- I think I may just be getting too old. :(

-Beth

Wow, I had a really nice couple hours. I went to the school gym and ran on the elliptical easy for 30minutes followed by CLX BC#1 exercises without the DVD. I forgot what the extreme challenge was though so I have to go back and look at it. It was pretty good to do though I'm afraid I didn't do some of the fly's right. And OMG, I *think* I managed to do 6 real on the toes pushups! I say i think mostly because I *think* I'm going up and down using my chest buts its very possible I'm only moving a millimeter and it doesn't count. I've been trying to do real pushups for a while now so this is huge to me. Woot! And then I treated my friend to lunch because its her bday. We're all meeting up later tonight at some dessert place too so that'll be fun.

Kathy -- I love BM2. My calculus teacher uesd to call the fundamental theorem of calculus the "desert island theorem" because if you were ever stuck on a desert island, you could still do all of calculus from it. I sort of feel like BM2 is my desert island workout because it has a little of everything.

Chris -- I really hope Zach feels better. How much longer is the school year? I hope he is able to end the school year healthy!

Vilma -- you just reminded me that I need to finish the laundry! I have a 75% of a load sitting IN the washing machine!

Beth -- have you tried making your boys debate each other? Like in formal rules style? I felt that learning how to debate made you process things quicker but still required you to study judiciously. So, its a way to make the students work by themselves for a while (giving you free time) and then forcing them to think on the spot (making them learn to go faster). I know it seems like an "older" thing but it actually can be sort of fun. And if they think on their feet faster, their writing will naturally pick up the pace. (and no, I did not go to debate camp too...this mouth does not need a camp to practice.) Math is just drilling though I guess. You know that brain age game for the DS? They have basic math ones where you have to do like 100 in a certain amount of time and they do all the set up for you so you don't have to constantly make cards. I kick Joe's butt at speed all the time and he got so annoyed with it that I saw him practicing on the DS for a while so he could catch up to my speed on the math. (and HE's the national merit scholar -- I'm not!)

Oh, now this is weird -- an experiment that normally doesn't give me problems didn't work right today. I KNEW this would happen -- whenever I get in extra early, the reason why I get in doesn't work. Oh well...there will be chocolates later.

Hey All...

So yes, if you have FB, you know, Zach does indeed have Type A Influenza. , possibly the Swine Flu. I hate when I'm right about those things. I bleached/disinfected what I could, and he's "banished" to his room . We put a TV in there for him AND an XBOX 360. You'd think he'd be happy , he's bugged us for YEARS to put a TV in his room (we adamantly refuse). But he's sad and bummed about it.

If you can think of any good ideas for him to do in there for 7 days (minus reading, since he has this aversion to it), I'd appreciate the help... I feel so bad for him...

Beth: Isn't it funny how you want to do more after you try to take it easy on yourself? LOL at doing some IMAX 3 blasts!! ... very cool your son wants to learn more. You must be loving it!! My legs have been sore and tight too. Running does seem to wipe me out too, but I love it. I love adding it in as an extra cardio for the day , so I don't feel like I *have* to run over 30 minutes. I went and glanced at FF"s running rotation! ... Cool!... I wonder what you could do on Day 6 if you wanted to add a day?

Vilma: I'm so upset about Zach too. I guess it takes a few days for the specific strain to show up. But either way the treatment is the same. the school nurse was TRYING not to freak out about it, but she sounded so panicky when I told her. She was like, "Oh well , it's ok, we'll just have to spend some extra time with extra cleaning the school tonight" But you know, zach wasn't in school since Friday, and he developed symptoms on SUNDAY.

Hottie: Cool on the workout today! Good for you! You sound energized., or ist hat because chocolate is coming???? I wish I were going with you... I 'm in need of chocolate and there is NONE, NADA in this house...

Kathy..: thanks for the overview of that BM2 premix! no lower body, huh? that's why I did the Viper today, I wanted it ALL! LOL!, I guess you could add some...

better go check on my sickie...

Hey, I'm back just quickly..... Chris, I'm not sure what you'd do on the 6th day -- maybe a low impact cardio -- yeah, that'd probably be best. Let me know if you want to do that instead of the get ready for summer -- or perhaps a blend of the two.

Hottie -- my boys debating! Ok, you want me to assign them the task of arguing with each other?! :) I know, I know.... just kidding! That's actually an interesting idea.... as with a lot of things, the real challenge is the 2-1/2 year age/developmental difference. At the dr. today (ADHD doc) we spent quite a bit of time on that subject, since interactions with Dylan really set off Travis' temper like nothing else. The dr., who sort of happens to be a friend of ours (weird, I know -- one of his five kids has been in Dylan's class for two years) has two boys -- 9th & 7th grade, and he says it's always been like that with his boys, too. The writing that is slow is the actual physical handwriting -- he wants it to be neat and he's just slow. He probably just needs practice and small muscle development. I will check into the DS game, though even if it's educational Larry has such big problems with screen time. We have EPGY (Stanford's self-paced math program), and if he spends time on that, I'm sure he'll improve. So funny about you and Joe!

Ok, I've got to think about dinner now....

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.