June 09 Check in Friday 26th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today I am going to be doing some more cardio..I feel I need it. So, I am doing another Cardio Hits selection...Not sure which one it is. But, the second workout on the DVD. I did #1 yesterday...

Be back later to chat..

Hi Kathy and all that follow....

I haven't done anything yet today. I was going to do some weights this morning, but couldn't decide which DVD to do and my butt is sore from either running or the Rob Glick DVD I did the other day. My arms a bit too. So, I figured I'll just do cardio today. I'm going to do an 20-minute itread and then maybe just do some walking on the treadmill. My knee was feeling a bit wonky this morning. It's OK now, but don't want to over do it. But, I need to combat those four mint oreos I ate last night (after the ice cream). Wow, those are so good (the oreos!), they are evil.

BBL...

Joanne

Checking back in with Step Fit done..I did most of it on the 8" step with Rhonda and the other girl in the back. Then, when Cathe was almost done with the 2nd combo I decided to join Cathe on the 6"..It was tough!! Now we are going to the pool for a swim before Lauren's book club this afternoon..

Joanne: I love oreos!! They are evil! LOL!! I would say cardio would hit the spot today. I know mine did!

Good morning! Here a little late this morning as it was somewhat crazy getting out of the house!

From yesterday, maybe I said "dance" and "skits" wrong -- I think they did some dance along with the singing, and then skits separately. But, there might not have even been any dancing -- I don't know! Larry talked to the woman yesterday when she called. After he hung up I said something about not answering it and he said "that's really rude -- you should at least let them know!" So, sometimes the men are better-mannered!! ;)

The kids are going crazy with skating -- it's awesome!! I really hope it doesn't wear off.

I was going to do ccpp this morning because it's ccpp Saturday tomorrow except today is my cardio day, but I woke up and I still have this cold, and I don't know about you guys, but even when I'm at my healthiest, running leaves me coughing all afternoon. Does anyone else have that problem? I think I have bad lungs! (well, I know I do). So, then I talked myself into a shorter cc, but then I still couldn't make myself get out of bed, but I thought about plyo legs and that got me motivated, so that's what I did. Because it was meant to be cardio and I didn't want to hurt my broken butt, I did it without weights and I skipped deadlifts and one set of squats. I think my butt is getting better and I don't want to ruin that.

I do feel like I'm taking it really easy on myself workout-wise lately, and I'm a little concerned about it (well, definitely afraid to try STS again). I'm just feeling really old and creaky lately!!

Oreos are problematic... have you tried the Newman's hint 'o' mint? Those are equally problematic! :D Try them frozen sometime -- even worse! (better)

Kathy, I hope you have fun with your sisters this weekend! Anyone else have fun plans? Joanne, when is you cabin vacation coming up? Soon, right?

-Beth

Beth, oooooh, thanks for that frozen Oreo idea. (I think ;)). Sounds delish! Especially the mint ones. So the woman from the camp actually called again? No, I don't have a problem with coughing after running. Do you have allergies? Maybe it's an asthma-like reaction? Plyo Legs is just as tough, if not tougher than a run! I was actually thinking of doing one of those this weekend. Yes, our cabin vacation is in two weeks. I'm not looking forward to the packing!! We should probably start getting stuff together now. We need to bring our own sheets and stuff like that. I was laughing today, thinking how we are going to look going down the highway. We'll have to pile stuff on top of the truck - there's no way much of it will fit inside with four kids and a dog in there. And, we'll be towing the boat. Once we're there and settled in, I'm sure it will be fun. It's not my kind of vacation - I like my room cleaned and air conditioning and no laundry - but I'm trying to make the best of it!! Next year I plan and I'm hoping we can go to the Grand Canyon or maybe Yosemite.

Kathy, when is your sister coming?

No, no plans for us really! Which is actually very unusual. Caitlyn does have a birthday party on Sunday, but that's it. We'll probably hang out at the pool. Poor Ian - he got a horrible sunburn. I really had to bite my tongue. He went to sports camp and they went swimming. I should have reminded DH to make sure he brought sun screen, but no, he didn't. His back and chest are so red. He was already peeling from an earlier burn. I think he'll be wearing a t-shirt for awhile so he doesn't get anymore burnt.

Oh, I did do my treadmill workout during lunch. 20 minutes of running and 30 of walking. Can I have more Oreos now?? ;)

If I'm not back, have a great weekend all!!

Joanne

Joanne: Stay away from the oreos!!LOL...My sisters are coming on Sunday and will be visiting thru Thursday...We are going to get into DC while they are here and go to the zoo and the Natural History Museum...

Beth: Hubby makes me make all the excuses...We got invited to a BBQ on the 4th and he doesn't want to go. So, I have to tell them we can't make it...Hubby would rather go into the city and check out all the stuff going on and then see the fireworks...I haven't tried those newman cookies..They sound awesome!!

Back slowly away from the oreos, ma'am. ;)

Joanne, sounds like your kids need swimshirts! I make mine wear the shirts -- they get colder that way, but less sunscreen issues. Poor Ian!

I theoretically have the lungs of a smoker, even though I've never smoked. I guess it was all the second hand smoke I got growing up -- anyway, I think that's my coughing issue -- I theoretically don't have asthma or allergies, but I do have a wheeze (from the lung issue).

Kathy, I don't know what we're doing for the 4th! My kids still haven't really ever seen 4th of July fireworks -- how pathetic is that?! We really ought to get there this year -- I just hate the traffic. What a wimp parent I am.

Better get out to the skaters.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.