June 08 Rotation Checkin 9th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies!!

Glad to be back..Getting ready to start my rotation back up today. I am doing Slow & Heavy legs/shoulders today and a segment of ab hits. I got up this morning and took the kids on a little run to build up their endurance. We went about a 1/2 mile and walked a 1/2 mile. Then we did some situps, pushups and a 15 minute yoga DVD..The kids complained but did it..

Be back later. Gotta get working!!

Hi Kathy!

Welcome back -- how was the trip? Good for you for getting the kids out!

I did the cross train express upper body work today -- that is one tough workout!! I think that's the first time I've ever used the series that way and I really liked it. I'll have to remember that one. All I could think about toward the end was how in the world am I going to do the double upper body body max 2 later this week?! :)

Stay cool everyone!

-Beth

Welcom back Kathy!! Did you have a good trip? How fun to get the kids working out with you! Mine like to get up early and watch me on the couch. My five-year old girls tries to join in sometimes - it's pretty cute.

Beth, I'm a bit behind in the rotation, but I was just thinking how tough that CTX upper body workout would probably be. I don't understand how the Body Max 2 upper body workout is 72 minutes if the upper body work is only about 20 minutes?? Has anyone done that yet? Does she also do the abs twice maybe?

Well, I ran my 5K Sunday. It went pretty well. It was pretty cool - the route came past my parents house and about a half block from my house. So DH and the kids (and the dog of course!) all cheered my on. The boys ran a couple blocks with me. My time wasn't great (about 32 minutes) and I had to walk a few blocks. It was just too hot. But I finished and felt good afterwards. It's for a great cause (Ronald McDonald house), so I'd definitely do it again.

I felt ambitious this morning and wanted to catch up in the rotation. So I did PUB and the LIS/HIS step premix. I made it through and felt great afterwards. I think tomorrow is the KPC/L&G combo - I have to look at the rotation. I may sub Tracey's Strike Zone if it comes in the mail today.

Vilma, today is the big day for your daughter, right?? Bring lots of kleenex. ;) You must be so proud.

This weekend was really strange weather. Lots of thunderstorms and some tornadoes pretty close by. We spent alot of time in the basement playing Monopoly.

Have a great day everyone!!

Joanne

Joanne, I have done the double upper body before -- it's so tough! She tacks the abs on at the end, but I'm pretty sure you just go through the abs once.

What a fun 5K in your own neighborhood that must have been! We have one not far from our house that my 8 year old did with me last year, but this year we're going to be out of town when it happens, darn it!

Yes, everyone, pomp & circumstance for Vilma! I hope it's a very nice evening for all of you. Is she doing any sort of grad night? My niece graduates on Wednesday, and all the kids go to disneyland for the night afterward, but she's not going. I live too far away to be involved in the festivities.

Hey Joanne, I may sub in strike zone, too, but I just love step blast, so I'm not sure. I got strike zone on Saturday and sort of previewed it and I cannot wait to do it. In fact, when I finished with the ub work this morning, I had a little extra time, so I stuck in SZ and did the warm up, but then it went right into the next strike, so I kept going, and kept going. It was like a good book that I couldn't put down, but I finally ran out of time! I think it'll be a good workout, but I can't quite figure out what it might be a good sub for because it's not quite cardio but obviously not weights either.

-Beth

Hey everyone!! Thanks it is great to be back..I miss CO..But, I also love being in my own bed and house!! We had a great time...We saw the olympic training complex, a rockies baseball game, the garden of the gods, and numerous parks. Oh and we just loved taking in all the beautiful scenery!! The rocky mountains are so beautiful..I did workout in the weight room while there. The hotels equipment wasn't so great. So, I ended up running on the treadmill and using the bike. I so enjoy running outside to a treadmill.

Anyway, I ended up getting grocery shopping and stuff done yesterday. I started back with the June rotation today. To catch up I did S&H: legs and shoulders and S&H: bis and tris..

Vilma: Good luck with graduation tonight. I am sure your daughter will enjoy it!!!

Beth: Thanks..Good job with your workout. I haven't done CTX in a while..It is really hot here too...94 now!!

Joanne: Mine would rather sit on the couch too. That is why I have to get that out there!! I keep telling them it is for their health. I wouldn't be a good mom if I didn't make you exercise!! I would love to do a 5K. How great it went through your neighborhood! We have been having lots of bad weather here too. While we were gone we saw on the weather channel all the tornado warnings and stuff in VA and through the midwest!!

Ok, now back to the laundry and stuff..Have a great day everyone.

Hey Everyone!

Welcome BACK, Kathy!!!! .... You're CO vacation sounds wonderful! And you guys did so much in so little time. Can't wait to see some pictures. I know the scenery there with the mountains everywhere is just breathtaking. I bet there's still snow caps on the mountains, huh? Good job jumping right back into the rotation. Yes, I am 100% with you on preferring outdoor running to a treadmill. I've done the same thing on vacation, and it's really work to "get into" a treadmill run for me, even with the same music I use for outdoors.

Hi-5's JOanne for doing that 5K!! And you're back into the rotation today? You must be in fantastic shape. Are your legs really sore? At least it was upper body.

Vilma..... Enjoy your daughter's day today!! Bring your camera and I agree, LOTS of tissues!!!

I subbed ME Upper bOdy Split Premix for CTX this afternoon. Lots and lots of reps, I definitely felt worked!

Off to the showers for me. It's COOKING outside, near 100 degrees! I have to say , central AC is the best invention ever. I don't know how I grew up with only fans and no AC. I'm sooo spoiled these days!

One little "YAY ME" tidbit. I worked with a girl I hadn't seen in about a month or so last night. And she asked me if I had lost weight because I looked skinnier!! Gotta LOVE comments like that!! I was on cloud 9 all night... (well, maybe cloud 8, I was tired and it was a busy night!)

Okay, off I go...

~Chris

Chris, yay you is right!!! It is so great getting compliments like that -- makes it a little easier to stick to the clean stuff, too, eh? It always helps me, anyway.

Kathy, it does sound like a great trip! It was 94 here in town, a little cooler up where I live, 89 I think I saw. I'm debating about turning on the a/c. Excellent workout for you!!

back manana,

-Beth

Chris: Yes, there were still snowy peaks there. It snowed on Pike's Peak on Thursday..I am with you on those compliments. Congrats on it..I love getting them. Even better was the first time I saw my sisters after I lost all my weight. They were like wow you are so skinny now...You know sisters they had a little jealousy in the tone. Especially my little sister. She has always been the little skinny one. Well, nature caught up and she got heavy before she had her first. Happily she lost some weight after she got pregnant and I will see her next month to see her newest little one.

Beth: Oh you have to turn on the A/C..I couldn't live without it either!!!

Hello all!

At Chris' recommendation I did ME UB split today. I also did CCV2 challenges 1&3 beforehand because I was missing my CC's!

Kathy, so glad to see you back! Sounds like you had a great vacation.

Chris, fabulous compliment! Those always make it worth it, don't they?

Vilma, I hope DD's graduation goes well! Congratulations to you and her!

Beth, WTG on the CTX UB! Sounds like a toughie. I would love to hear what you think of SZ after you do it.

Joanne, Congrats on your 5K! How great to have your own little cheering section!

Have a great evening all! I am looking forward to SB tomorrow. I nice fun little step WO.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.