July's the month for CARDIO

gonnabea5

Cathlete
I plan to do mostly cardio this month. Maybe, I'll do nothing else. We'll have to wait and see.

Okay, today's cardio was IM3 and 60 min on the treadmill = 4.14 miles.

I'm a little tired but, I'm loving me some good cardio.

Anybody else out there who wants to try mostly or all cardio this month?

I think i'm with you! I keep going back and forth with the whole heavy weight training thing and the bottom line is, since doing it i'm not happy with my results and the only way thats going to change is to change my program. I didn't do cardio today though. I did legs and glutes. MOnday and tuesday i did 45 minutes of cardio and i'm definately doing cardio tomorrow; probably a cardio coach. Have you ever done a rotation like this. I have to say i'm afraid.

Today's workout was most of KPC and Stretch max. That workout from yesterday left my legs mucho tighto. I'm feeling great right about now.

Hey, Kariev

No, I've never done a rotation like this, but like you, I need to change my routine to find out what works best for me. There was a thread in Open Discussion about someone else doing this so we decided to try it for July and see what happens. I don't know if I'll do all cardio, but I'll just have to see. I may do one day of total body weights a week. But, it will be mostly cardio and clean eating for this month.

Today's cardio was Kickmax (- minus the leg drills) and 1 segment core max.

I'm down .5 pounds today. Yippeeeeee.

Tomorrow should be IMAX 3. This one is my new fav.

No workout today. Woke up late, cooking out, family coming, so much to do. It really was a great day and I definitely got some cardio in during the badmitton tornament. lol

But, tomorrow will be IMAX 3.

just got back from the keys. sounds like you have been cardioing it up! i have taken the past 5 days off and i'm ready to get back to it. not sure what i'm going to do yet today.

ok, so for this month i have decided to do a type of metabolic circuit 3 days per week with 2-3 days of steady state cardio in between. So i'm still lifting a little but definately not heavy. EAch muscle group is assigned one exercise and performed for 3 sets of 12. However, cardio sprints will be inserted for 1 minute between each superset. So for the cardio i did a 10 percent incline at 6mph. The layout of todays workout is as follows:

single leg squat
pushup
cardio sprint
(repeat 3 times)

deadlift
lat pulldown
cardio sprint
(repeat 3 times)

calf raise
lateral shoulder raise
cardio sprint
(repeat 3 times)

hammer bicep curl
bicycle crunch
cardio sprint
(repeat 3 times)

reverse triceps pressdown
back extension on the ball
cardio sprint
(repeat 3 times)

Then I finished out with 20 minutes of steady state cardio on the treadmill doing forward run for 5 minutes at 4%incline and 6mph, then right lateral run at 4% incline at 4mph for 5 minutes, backward run for 5 minutes same settings then a left lateral run with the same settings for 5 mintues. It was a super intense circuit and i was crapped out by the end. The total workout took me exactly 1 hour. I felt like i got soooooo much accomplished in this hour as opposed to doing straight lifting. I've been really tight on my diet so we'll see if i can get the results i'm looking for. I'll do a different workout on wednesday and post that when that time comes. Tomorrow will probably be 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Kariev, you rock and rolling, Girl. That sounds like an awsome workout.

I forgot to post yesterday cause it was such a busy day. I didn't even put the computer on. As a matter of fact, I didn't post Sunday either. YIKES

Sunday, IMAX3 - had church so no time for a longer workout.

Monday, HIgh STep challenge and both segments of 4 day split step. I love both of those workouts

Today, IMAX 2 and 1 hour on treadmill. I usually run at 4.3-4.7 consistently. Sometimes, 5.0. Today, I'll try 4.9-5.2 consistently and maybe push to 5.7 for a little bit.

During the summer weeks, I can workout for longer periods, but that'll change after 7/31 when I start back working. Acutally, I may add the additional cardio in the evening since DH will add a tv and cable to the garage where the treadmill is. Yeah.

Oh yeah. I'm down another 1.5 pounds. That's 2 pounds total. My diet has not been so tight, but I got some motivation from Oprah yesterday. So, that'll help me do better.

Also, we'll be in California from Thursday til the following Monday, so you'll have to hold it down til I get back.

Today's workout IM2 and Firm 500 Calorie Workout. I just couldn't get on the treadmill today, but I still burned ove 1200 calories. Now, I'm off to eat a nutrious breakfast.

Short workout today. Only did the cardio w/o circuits of BM2. I listen to my body and body said, "I need a short workout today."

We leave for Ca. in the AM. So, I won't be posting again til next week.

yesterday did 45 min on the elliptical. today i caved and wanted some STS so i did meso 2 chest, shoulders, and triceps but i put cardio spin on it. instead of resting the one minute between each set i preset my treadmill to 6mph and 10%incline. I jumped on and did a minute sprint inbetween each set. Let me tell you, it kicked my a**!!!! It seems like i can't stick to just cardio but i'm going to make each workout cardio based some how. Tomorrow i may do plyo legs which definately gets me winded and burns major cals. My HR gets up to 180 during some the drills. Have a great trip. See you when you get back:)

Kariev, I like that cardio spin you put on that workout. Very impressive.

I hear you about not sticking to just cardio. I'll have to add a circuit in every few days to keep things interesting. Still cardio but added some muscle endurance as well.

Today's cardio was Kickmax first 55 min. The leg drills do nothing for me. Maybe one day I'll do them with weights.

TOmorrow's my fav - IMAX 3. I love that music. I feel so pumped when we get started. But, totally fried when we're done. Maybe Thursday will be Bootcamp, HST or HSC>

Well, I finally gave in to some solid endurance/weight training today and did Muscel Max before Step Blast. It was a good combo. Muscle Max is a nice, slow sequenced workout that hits every major muscle. I enjoyed the whole workout. I really loved the leg press with the band. A lot of bang for a little buck.

Hey sorry i haven't posted in a while. basically i have been sticking to sts with the cardio inbetween each set. monday was chest, shoulders and triceps with my cardio twist. tuesday was 45 minutes on the elliptical and some abs from p90x, yesterday was plyo legs and i tagged on a 15 minute jog after. today was back and biceps with my cardio twist. I just got the new Insanity workouts from beachbody. they are intense but they are mostly body weight and cardio workouts. you should check them out. so tomorrow i'm taking the fit test from these workouts which is super intense and cardio based and is about 30 minutes. i will finish that up with another 15 minutes of jogging and some ab work. then i'm taking the weekend off to rest.

good workout you had! even if you decide to do weight work just make sure you do cardio after to get the cardio work in. muscle max is one of my favorite endurance workouts by cathe.

Good to here from you, Kariev. I will look into insanity. I wonder if they'll be like Cathe's Shock Cardio.

Today was my most fav, IMAX3. Man, I love that workout.

I'm down another 1.5 pounds, but my clothes are getting a little tight. Now, I realize that I've got to keep the weights included to see the size decrease. Man, this is crazy. My weight is down but my size isn't. Maybe I'll up to weight work to two days a week.

you may just be retaining water from the extra cardio. make sure your drinking tons of water and watch your salt intake. theres no way you've gained fat so i'm pretty sure its just some stored water in your muscles.

Hey, Kariev, I think you're right. Today, my waist is looking like I've dropped a few pounds. I guess the excess water is gone. I was really motivated when I looked in the mirror this morning. My outfit is fitting much looser today, also.

Yesterday's workout was IMAX 3 and Firm Power Yoga. My legs were definitely looser after that yoga and my kicks today proved it.

Today's workout was KPC. Boy, I feel so pumped up while doing this workout. I even did 4 knee pulls/spikes on the ball before I totally gave out. What a great workout.

Im out of town for the next two days. So, the next workout will be on Saturday.

What an interesting thread. I added more cardio this month too because I felt I wanted to see the muscles I've been working hard to build.

I am doing at least one hour of cardio on my cardio days (3 times per week) and about 30 minutes on weight training days. I've mixed up the weights too. I'm not good and weighing myself or taking measurements so I dont know for sure what I was when I started and where I am now. But I can tell you waist and hips of pants and jeans seem to be roomier.

week one
total body three times (mon,wed, fri) (no extra cardio)
one hr cardio three times (tues, thur, sat)

week two
PUB (mon, wed) + 30 min cardio (intense)
one hr cardio (tues, thurs, fri)

week three
(three day split) (tues, thurs, sat) + 25 to 30 min intense cardio
one hr cardio (mon,wed, fri)

week four
four day split (mon,tues, wed, thurs) + 20-30 min cardio
one hr cardio (sun, fri,)

This is the routine I'm following for July. For cardio I am doing step routines, 4 mile interval walk/run, KPC, BC drills. For weights I've been going moderate to heavy as I can. I've cleaned up the eating alot and I've seen the belly bulge disappear. I still have long way to go in this department.

My 50th birthday is end of August, so I'm trying to shock my system so I can greet 50 in the best shape I've ever been.

Best of luck to everyone and thanks for letting me share.

Carmen.

Hey, Carmen, thank you for sharing. Cardio, clean eating and some strength work here and there have worked wonders for me. Keep it up.

Today's cardio was 3 miles in interval training on the treadmill. I ran almost one lap at level 6. That's huge for me. Wooohooooo,.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.